Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 11:42:57 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 582 583 [584] 585 586 ... 1162 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1762220 times)
Whalestoe
« Reply #8745 on: January 11, 2011, 02:59:06 AM »

I didn't like the movie. Have you ever disliked a movie that many other people like? Yeah, I thought so. Shut the fuck up.

I won't argue with you about my understanding of the movie, as I don't have to right to since I didn't finish it. However I don't think it's necessary to attack my love and passion for movies because I couldn't fucking stand one "artistically significant film".

I watch movies to be intrigued, pulled in to the story and characters, emotionally affected, and most of all - entertained. That's how I see it. There's no 'rulebook' on how and why to watch a movie. Blue failed to do that for me in every way, and that's that.

So now I'll head back into the world of real life, where I, a misunderstanding little boy who wastes hours of his week watching movies to only pretend to like cinema, will return to his world of simple fools like me. It's a shame I'll never fit in with the high and mighty crowd of geniuses at the Fistful of Leone Index.

Hey, I still like ya.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8746 on: January 11, 2011, 04:22:32 AM »

Three Colors - Blue - 1/10
I don't think I've ever hated a movie this fucking much. So it starts with a husband and daughter dying. Why should I care about them? And even moreso, why should I care about the wife/mother who does nothing but sulk in her emptiness for 90 minutes? Scene after scene the movie drags and drags and drags and drags. And what's up with all the fucking blue tint and blue objects in every scene? Is the color just used to add even more to the atmosphere of the film, which only centers upon this woman's emptiness? WOW, WHAT A FUN MOVIE! I mean, I don't even fucking care that its sad, but just that the movie gives me NO reason to care about the woman or her lost family. Everything is so fucking dry and dull to the point where it seems to literally be the point to make the movie as empty-feeling as possible. And if that's the case, what's the point? I've never seen a French movie or any movie in general try even harder to be as 'artsy' as possible with the random fades to black in the middle of scenes, overuse of blue, and awful use of music. Not to mention almost every action in the entire film is pointless and nonsensical. I turned the bullshit off as soon as the woman started crying over her guilt of unleashing a cat to kill mice. Are you fucking kidding me? Fuck this. This is worse than Scott Pilgrim.

Guess I'll watch White now.

Dude, I understand your points, but just watch the last sequence of the movie. Alone, it's worth more than anything we produced in France since Arrivée d'un Train En Gare De La Ciotat.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8747 on: January 11, 2011, 06:21:18 PM »

Hard to Kill (1990) Best Seagal, probably, together with Nico and Out for Justice. All action, in spite of the kid and a very good thrilling scene in the hospital. 7\10

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8748 on: January 11, 2011, 06:24:14 PM »

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007) Much better than the first episode, with good comedy sprinkled in the first part (the scene of Richards dancing are very funny). 7\10

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #8749 on: January 12, 2011, 08:08:11 PM »

The Bridge At Remagen (1969)  Afro

I was in fye the other day to kill the remainder of a gift card and was trying to find something that I could use in a collection or a film that I was familiar with that I haven't seen in quite a  while. Checked Classic Drama & Classic Thrillers for any Film Noir, The Westerns for any new releases and happened to glace at the War Films next to them and saw a DVD for "The Bridge At Remagen". I had forgotten all about this war film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064110/

I saw this in a big screen Times Square theater in 1969 and remember enjoying it so I bought the DVD and watched it last night, and really enjoyed it all over again. Its based on the true story of the Remagen Bridge over the Rhine that the American Army captured intact. Directed by John Guillermin with George Segal, Robert Vaughn, Ben Gazzara, Bradford Dillman, E.G. Marshall, Peter van Eyck, Hans Christian Blech, and Bo Hopkins. The story is told from both perspectives and two men, Segal the American Lt. Hartman has been ordered to capture the town around the bridge. He's told not to worry about the bridge because it is taken for granted that the Germans will have demolished it themselves by the time he gets there, or that the air force will bomb it in order to trap and destroy the trapped German 15th Army on the wrong side of the bridge. Vaughn the German Major Kruger, is ordered to blow up the bridge. The 15th Army and countless civilians are to be sacrificed at the greater expense of protecting the German Fatherland. The General who gives Major Kruger the order to blow up the bridge suggests that holding the combination road/railroad bridge for as long as possible so that fleeing troops and civilians can escape might not be a bad idea. This leads to the events depicted quite entertainingly in the film. 8/10

« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 08:09:40 PM by cigar joe » Logged

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #8750 on: January 13, 2011, 08:56:08 AM »

The Bridge At Remagen (1969)  Afro
Seconded. Afro Afro

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8751 on: January 13, 2011, 09:08:58 AM »

Haven't seen that one, thanks for the review

Saturday nights with Groggy
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8752 on: January 13, 2011, 11:21:17 PM »

Kansas City Confidential - 8/10 - Great cast, atmospheric, gritty direction and a clever, twisty story add up to a solid film noir

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8753 on: January 14, 2011, 06:17:20 AM »

Kansas City Confidential - 8/10 - Great cast, atmospheric, gritty direction and a clever, twisty story add up to a solid film noir
And yet, I find myself agreeing--imagine!--with titoli's assessment:
This is a rather contrived plotline which steps often into absurdity. The major absurdity is that hardened hoodlums may accept the proposition of doing a heist wirhout knowing each other and, even more absurd, that they (without knowing who the main plotter of the whole coup may be) accept to split the booty at a later time without any assurance that, as it would be only natural, the one keeping the loot may very well vanish into thin air. Then there's the whole middle part in the mexican resort which is just too long and helps not the plot to advance.
Nonetheless, he gives the film a "7" (apparently for sentimental reasons). Apparently he forgot to deduct a point for the presence of Coleen Gray, the most annoying actress in noir.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8754 on: January 14, 2011, 09:09:46 AM »

Well, you're welcome to agree with a guy who gave the Fantastic Four sequel a 7/10. Afro

Convoluted isn't the word I'd use. Stretching plausibility, perhaps, but this seems a common failing of noir films. I don't demand a super-realisitic story so long as it's compelling.

I agree with you on Coleen Gray but she's not in the film enough to bother me.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8755 on: January 14, 2011, 10:34:42 AM »

Convoluted isn't the word I'd use.
It isn't even the word titoli would use, as I believe he said "contrived."

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8756 on: January 14, 2011, 05:58:39 PM »

Well, you're welcome to agree with a guy who gave the Fantastic Four sequel a 7/10. Afro

Yes. And I would like to be unevoquivocal on the issue: FF2 is much more entertaining than KCC. If they have the same score in my book is because I like the western actors in the second movie  being given more screen time than usual. Otherwise the movie wouldn't even reach a sufficient rating.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8757 on: January 14, 2011, 08:17:17 PM »

Black Swan - 5/10 - Pretty wretched. It regurgitates pretty much every show biz movie cliche imaginable and doesn't do anything more clever than slapping some giallo-esque body horror on top of it. The film is so crashingly obvious and feverishly melodramatic that I can't even begin to take it seriously. Even the direction is pretty shoddy; I wouldn't have minded the shaky cam and overuse of CGI if the mis-en-scene was halfway interesting. A shame as Portman does fine work (Vincent Cassel's pretty good in the Anton Walbrook role, too) deserving of a much better film. This rating seems super-generous but what the hell.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #8758 on: January 15, 2011, 01:45:36 AM »

I almost watched it the other day, but forgot and went to sleep.

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #8759 on: January 15, 2011, 03:48:03 AM »

On John Payne night courtesy of TCM:

99 River Street (1953) 7/10
Kansas City Confidential (1953) 7/10

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Pages: 1 ... 582 583 [584] 585 586 ... 1162 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM