Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 08:35:05 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 1162 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1764308 times)
T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8865 on: February 17, 2011, 08:36:16 PM »

Personally, I think it's mostly good until Season 7 or so, though the show's "mythology" gets confused and shoddy long before then. The seasons with Robert Patrick and Annabeth Gish can be safely ignored.

Yeah I don't think there is one tv show I can name that doesn't contradict itself at one point.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8866 on: February 17, 2011, 11:28:23 PM »

Yeah I don't think there is one tv show I can name that doesn't contradict itself at one point.

Well I just watched the Season 6 and 7 mythology episodes and that's definitely when it goes off the rails. The episode-length homage to The Last Temptation of the Christ (Amor Fati I think was the episode name) was godawful and unspeakably pretentious and the way they resolved the plotline with Mulder's sister is just dumb. I don't mind an occasional contradiction but plotholes the size of Jupiter and stupid writing are harder to forgive.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8867 on: February 17, 2011, 11:29:08 PM »

Treasure of the Sierra Madre - 9/10 - 3rd viewing. Will try and have an insightful analysis of the burros up tomorrow.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8868 on: February 17, 2011, 11:52:46 PM »

Treasure of the Sierra Madre - 9/10 - 3rd viewing. Will try and have an insightful analysis of the burros up tomorrow.

Be kind to my fiancée.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #8869 on: February 18, 2011, 03:52:21 AM »

Smart Money (1931) Edward G. Robinson, and James Cagney in a gambling based story. Robinson is Nick The Barber, and it is about his rise to the top of the heap, not a bad film, and also has a great commentary track. 7/10

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #8870 on: February 18, 2011, 05:41:31 PM »

Unknown (2011) - 7/10. Liam Neeson goes to Berlin and suffers a really really bad case of identity theft. A pretty neat little thriller, with a plot that unfolds well and includes the requisite suspense, action scenes, car chases. The twist is the same one they've been using since Somewhere In the Night (1946), and once it's sprung it kinda spoils the film for repeat viewings. One scene I'd like to watch again though: Bruno Ganz meeting Frank Langella.

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #8871 on: February 18, 2011, 10:56:07 PM »

One scene I'd like to watch again though: Bruno Ganz meeting Frank Langella.

It's not like you need any excuse to buy the Blu-ray, at this point, it's your money and your business. We on this board certainly understand.

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #8872 on: February 19, 2011, 04:16:01 AM »

The Eagle (2011) mindless entertaining drivel no Gladiator lol, 5/10

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8873 on: February 19, 2011, 05:23:48 PM »

The Wings of Eagles - 8/10 - I went in with low expectations and came away pleasantly surprised. Ford does a much better job with the broad humor (in that some of it's actually funny) and drastic shifts in tone than in pretty much any other film he did. The only real detriment is a slow-paced second half, with the World War II scenes proving anti-climactic after Spig's physical recovery. Wayne gives one of his best performances, Maureen O'Hara is great, Ward Bond's cameo as "John Dodge" is hysterical and Ken Curtis isn't unbearably obnoxious.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8874 on: February 19, 2011, 08:51:06 PM »

Judge Priest - 5/10 - There's unquestionably some dated and questionable stuff to rankle a modern viewer like me. A bigger problem is that the film is slow, talky and can't decide if it's a comedy or a drama. Gets a generous rating for Will Rogers's excellent performance and the courtroom scenes, definitely a template for Young Mr. Lincoln.

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #8875 on: February 20, 2011, 04:20:05 AM »

The White Diamond (2004) - 7.5/10

Requiem for a Dream (2000) - 9/10

Black Swan (2010) - 8/10

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8876 on: February 20, 2011, 01:20:26 PM »

Alice in Wonderland (2010) - 2/10 - See, this is what happens when you give into morbid curiosity: you waste two hours that could be better spent reading, doing homework or cleaning your bathroom than watching Johnny Depp make an ass of himself.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #8877 on: February 20, 2011, 03:49:22 PM »

PAUL(2011)

More of the same mildly amusing stuff from Simon Pegg and co with the hilarious alien character Paul totally stealing the show.

7/10

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8878 on: February 20, 2011, 04:29:12 PM »

On connaît la chanson (1997) Very good idea to start with: to reflect the mumblings and feelings of the characters with sudden bursts of playback singing of well-known songs. And that's that because the plot is non-existant, in the usual french comedy style which has been grown stale since 40 years back. Boring. 5\10

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8879 on: February 21, 2011, 11:31:36 AM »

On connaît la chanson (1997) Very good idea to start with: to reflect the mumblings and feelings of the characters with sudden bursts of playback singing of well-known songs. And that's that because the plot is non-existant, in the usual french comedy style which has been grown stale since 40 years back. Boring. 5\10

Yep.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 1162 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM