Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 01:36:06 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 1169 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1832281 times)
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8895 on: February 25, 2011, 04:43:23 PM »

That's what I remembered, that's why I launched the film while I knew I wouldn't have the time to see the ending Wink

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #8896 on: February 25, 2011, 10:41:09 PM »

That's what I remembered, that's why I launched the film while I knew I wouldn't have the time to see the ending Wink

I know this is gonna sound real bad, but I did the exact same thing a couple of times, and not only with HOV. Next thing, I'll be doing internet Westerns, then, Heaven only knows, maybe become a professional rapist...

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8897 on: February 26, 2011, 07:41:15 PM »

The Flight of the Phoenix (1965) - 8/10

Saturday nights with Groggy
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #8898 on: February 26, 2011, 08:35:51 PM »

Day Of The Evil Gun (1968) strangely episodic uneven film, no style, a riff on Face To Face, Glen Ford, Arthur Kennedy, Dean Jagger, Royal Dano, and other familiar faces. A generous 6.5-7/10.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8899 on: February 27, 2011, 12:27:02 PM »

Joe Kidd - 6/10 - Bland Eastwood vehicle with some pretty scenery and a few clever gags. The sniper duel is the only really memorable scene. I don't see any useful similarities to The Great Silence, sorry.

Saturday nights with Groggy
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #8900 on: February 27, 2011, 05:15:32 PM »

Johnny Cool (1963) - 7/10. In Sicily, a Salvatore Giuliano type (here called "Salvatore Giordano", played by Henry Silva), is hunted and killed by the police. But it's a phony--the police have stage-managed the killing, leaving the body of another in Giordano's place so that they can deliver a very live Giordano to an exiled American gangster living in Rome. The gangster (Marc Lawrence) explains why he has arranged for Giordano "death"--he needs an assassin without ties to go to the U.S. and take out all those who have betrayed him. Giordano--rechristened Johnny Cool--at first demurs, then takes the job when the gangster convinces him he'll be his adopted son and "inherit everything." In New York Johnny meets a thrill-seeking society girl (Elizabeth Montgomery) who quickly becomes his lover and accomplice. Then the killing begins: Joe Turkel, Jim Backus, Brad Dexter, John McGiver, Mort Sahl (!), and finally even Telly Savalas receive visits from Death's Messenger. Luckier are those who merely provide amusing cameos: Richard Anderson, Joey Bishop (as a car lot salesman), Elisha Cook Jr. and Sammy Davis Jr. (with an eye-patch--hah!). In the end, betrayals all around (natch). This film is a trip, and was produced by Peter Lawford.

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8901 on: February 28, 2011, 02:51:10 PM »

Second Chance (1953) That's what I gave to this movie, wrongly. It all hangs on the mountain cable car incident and the rest is fluff. maybe in 3D this had more  consistence, but I doubt it. 4\10

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8902 on: February 28, 2011, 02:59:27 PM »

Brute Force (1947) I don't know if this was the first prison movie to feature a sadistic warden in a prominent role, but Hume Cronyn's character is the only credible one in this flick . The inmates are all good samaritans who did wrong out of generosity of love toward their companions (Ella Raines is the best looking of the lot, as usual). Probably the torture scene and the Lancaster escape attempt are worth watching but even an older movie like I Am a Fugitive From a Chain Gang is head and shoulder above this.  5\10

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8903 on: March 01, 2011, 10:46:54 AM »

The inmates are all good samaritans who did wrong out of generosity of love toward their companions.
You're not buying that one? Huuuuuhhhhh?Huh

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8904 on: March 01, 2011, 03:11:33 PM »

You're not buying that one? Huuuuuhhhhh?Huh

I could, but not 4 times out of 4.

T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8905 on: March 02, 2011, 07:34:36 AM »

Johnny Cool (1963) - 7/10. In Sicily, a Salvatore Giuliano type (here called "Salvatore Giordano", played by Henry Silva), is hunted and killed by the police. But it's a phony--the police have stage-managed the killing, leaving the body of another in Giordano's place so that they can deliver a very live Giordano to an exiled American gangster living in Rome. The gangster (Marc Lawrence) explains why he has arranged for Giordano "death"--he needs an assassin without ties to go to the U.S. and take out all those who have betrayed him. Giordano--rechristened Johnny Cool--at first demurs, then takes the job when the gangster convinces him he'll be his adopted son and "inherit everything." In New York Johnny meets a thrill-seeking society girl (Elizabeth Montgomery) who quickly becomes his lover and accomplice. Then the killing begins: Joe Turkel, Jim Backus, Brad Dexter, John McGiver, Mort Sahl (!), and finally even Telly Savalas receive visits from Death's Messenger. Luckier are those who merely provide amusing cameos: Richard Anderson, Joey Bishop (as a car lot salesman), Elisha Cook Jr. and Sammy Davis Jr. (with an eye-patch--hah!). In the end, betrayals all around (natch). This film is a trip, and was produced by Peter Lawford.

I don't have anything else to add outside of noting that there are a couple nice tracking shots.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8906 on: March 02, 2011, 08:08:05 AM »

I don't have anything else to add outside of noting that there are a couple nice tracking shots.
Well, you could have mentioned the Sammy Davis Jr. songs. What's wrong with you, daddy-o?

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8907 on: March 02, 2011, 09:06:23 PM »

The Player - good stuff! Altman rocks.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8908 on: March 03, 2011, 06:02:05 AM »

The Player - good stuff! Altman rocks.
He made two mistakes, though: why isn't Whoopie Goldberg playing Whoopie Goldberg; and, why isn't Sidney Pollack playing Sidney Pollack?

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #8909 on: March 04, 2011, 02:42:26 AM »

Duck Soup (1933) - 8/10
I prefer Night at the Opera. A real shame is that many (especially Groucho's) jokes are so fast that I couldn't always follow. And you just can't subtitle something like that.

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 1169 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM