Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 09:28:32 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 604 605 [606] 607 608 ... 1162 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1769496 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9075 on: April 18, 2011, 11:13:32 AM »

Rio (2011) This is kiddie stuff and I won't rate it. But this is the first 3d movie I have ever seen and I want to add something to What I have said in the 3D topic. I think that the 3D works with some kind of movie: the movie produced in Hollywood. For other kinds of movie this could even be an element of disturbance: I don't need Laurel & Hardy shorts in 3D or colour. But the 90% of Hollywood crap can exploit some of the possibilities offered by 3D effects. And the new generations which are educated to a 3D vision (it seems that all the kiddies stuff is produced in that system) won't put up with 2D when adults. So I can't understand where all the debate lies. I think the definitive go will come when 3D movies will be created which do not need glasses. that is still relegated to playstation for the moment. I think that in 10 years, even less, 3D will be run of the mill.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9076 on: April 18, 2011, 03:24:52 PM »

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (1968) James Bond meets Mary Poppins. Unfortunately the results are not equal to the premises. What I save from this is two or three numbers from the Sherman Bros., especially "Me 'Ol Bamboo".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUno-5FO7NU&feature=related

6\10

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #9077 on: April 18, 2011, 06:08:35 PM »

Death of a Scoundrel (1956) Director: Charles Martin. George Sanders, Yvonne de Carlo, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Victor Jory. A story of a Czechoslovakian born foreigner who comes to the U.S. ingratiating himself with an assortment of women whom he cons into helping him get ahead. Entertaining film to while away a few hours 7/10.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #9078 on: April 19, 2011, 03:13:48 PM »

titoli has some kind of objection. But I'm with you.

Atlas Shrugged, Part 1 (2011) - 5/10. A woman watches a TV news report. Then she takes the subway to her Manhattan office. She talks to some people in her office. Meanwhile, in a different office in a different building, a man is talking to his secretary. Later, the woman in Manhattan visits this man in his office. The woman leaves and the man walks home. A group of people are waiting at the man's home. They talk amongst themselves and then individually with the man. Next day the man is back in his office. The woman is also back in her office. Sometimes the woman has a meeting. Sometime she watches TV. The man also has meetings. Later there is a party, and people have drinks. The man and the woman speak to each other. Another day and the man and the woman have dinner. Then the woman leaves to have dinner with someone else. Another time the woman is having a conversation in a limo. Then there are more days, more office visits, more meetings. Then the man and woman go to Colorado to watch train tracks being laid. Then the man and woman ride on the train. They ride and ride. Then they go to a party. After the party they have sex, the PG kind. Then they start driving around America. Then they go to an old warehouse. Then they drive some more. They stop several times to talk with people. Then the man and woman, for a brief time, go their separate ways. Then the woman sees a fire on the TV news. She drives to the scene of the fire. The fire is still burning when she gets there--it's a really big fire. The End.

Oh, you mean just like the book?

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9079 on: April 19, 2011, 03:31:35 PM »

The Exorcist (1973) As I watched it repeatedly since it opened up in Rome this is my favourite horror movie. It has a great plot for the genre and that peculiar, icy photography typical of the '70's. And the actors are all great. Jason MIller is dubbed by Giannini, BTW.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9080 on: April 19, 2011, 05:16:12 PM »

Rio (2011) This is kiddie stuff and I won't rate it. But this is the first 3d movie I have ever seen and I want to add something to What I have said in the 3D topic. I think that the 3D works with some kind of movie: the movie produced in Hollywood. For other kinds of movie this could even be an element of disturbance: I don't need Laurel & Hardy shorts in 3D or colour. But the 90% of Hollywood crap can exploit some of the possibilities offered by 3D effects. And the new generations which are educated to a 3D vision (it seems that all the kiddies stuff is produced in that system) won't put up with 2D when adults. So I can't understand where all the debate lies. I think the definitive go will come when 3D movies will be created which do not need glasses. that is still relegated to playstation for the moment. I think that in 10 years, even less, 3D will be run of the mill.

I'll be happy to gloat when you're proven wrong.

Saturday nights with Groggy
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9081 on: April 19, 2011, 05:36:02 PM »

The Rise of Louis XIV (1966) Probably Rossellini's most perfect movie (though not his finest moment: that is the final episode of Paisan, probably the highest moment of italian cinema). The meal scene (paradoxically, shot by R.'s son under his father's guidance) is memorable.

T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9082 on: April 22, 2011, 11:08:01 AM »

The Terminator - 7/10 - 3rd viewing. Despite looking cheap as hell it's got great action scenes and a really creepy nightmare atmosphere for the first hour. After the shootout at the police station I start to lose interest.

The only scene that looked cheap to me was the club scene and that could have been fixed with lighting. The visuals are probably my favorite part of the movie.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9083 on: April 24, 2011, 02:56:30 PM »

They Made Me a Criminal (1939) I remembered having seen this a long time ago when I saw the water tower scene but, rightly, I had forgotten about it. I can't see any reason to give more than 2\10 to this absurd melodrama made up of absurd plot twists.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9084 on: April 24, 2011, 03:42:46 PM »

The Ruling Class - 10/10 - 4th viewing. Now my annual Easter celebration. Afro

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9085 on: April 24, 2011, 07:55:52 PM »

The Simpsons Movie - 5/10 - 2nd viewing. Hmm, I remembered liking this more. The funniest joke was the "Sop sign" which says a lot.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #9086 on: April 25, 2011, 11:09:25 AM »

The King's Speech (2010) 5/10. This is simply The Madness of King George without the madness and with a different George. Even the endings are the same. The only thing amazing about the film is the way it's been overhyped. Don't people have any standards anymore?

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9087 on: April 25, 2011, 01:59:06 PM »

The King's Speech (2010) 5/10. This is simply The Madness of King George without the madness and with a different George. Even the endings are the same. The only thing amazing about the film is the way it's been overhyped. Don't people have any standards anymore?

I like it a bit more than that but I won't disagree with the premise.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #9088 on: April 25, 2011, 04:01:13 PM »

Bhowani Junction (1956) Director: George Cukor with Ava Gardener and Stewart Granger. This was actually a pretty good film. Victoria Jones (Gardener) is an Anglo-Indian, a WAC in the British Army, her father a railway engine driver, and her mom a housewife. She is close to another Anglo-Indian, Patrick Taylor, but changes her mind about him when she discovers his hatred for Indians. Its 1947 and the British are about to leave India and this will effect the status of Anglo-Indians. So begins Victoria's journey of self discovery. Stewart Granger is the Col. in charge of the railway at Bhowani Junction, I came across this out of left field and it proved very entertaining. 7.5/10

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9089 on: April 26, 2011, 09:24:46 AM »

Gettysburg - 7/10 - 3rd or 4th viewing. This movie is admirable in its scope and general historical accuracy; despite being over four hours long it's never boring and it does a great job making the complicated tactics of the battle understandable. Some of the battle scenes are among the best ever filmed, especially the Little Round Top scene. On the other hand, there are lots of long-winded monologues that probably should have been cut, and there's a dramatic imbalance in having the main Union character a Colonel while the Confederate side focuses on the high command. The music is terrible and the movie can't help looking cheap at times, but it's mostly well-done on a technical level. The acting is mixed: Berenger and Daniels do some of their best work, Sheen is badly miscast, Elliot's not around long enough to really register.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 09:25:54 AM by Groggy » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 604 605 [606] 607 608 ... 1162 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM