Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 03:33:19 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 656 657 [658] 659 660 ... 1170 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1844097 times)
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #9855 on: December 16, 2011, 08:51:55 AM »

Clearly the Richard W. theory of board politics has been discredited.
I'm not so sure. It's mighty convenient that all these chickens are coming home to roost just when Groggy needs 'em for appearance sake. Now that I think about it, besides CJ and D&D, whom I've met, how can I know that anyone else on this board actually exists? OK, CJ claims he met tioli in Rome, and also vouches for Peacemaker. But other than that, everybody else could be Groggy constructs. Even Richard W (now that I REALLY think about it) could be a fabrication to divert suspicion. Very clever of Groggy, attacking himself, and on a charge that is in fact true! OMG, this board is actually an echo chamber of Groggythoughts!!!

He had me fooled for a bit, but now at last I'm seeing things clearly. Wink

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9856 on: December 16, 2011, 10:13:27 AM »

This theory might be workable if I were still in college. Problem is I have maybe 3-4 hours of free time a day anymore which is not conducive to sockpuppetry.

Also, you've neglected the possibility that CJ and D&D are androids.

Saturday nights with Groggy
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #9857 on: December 16, 2011, 10:42:25 AM »

I've met Firecracker also  Afro

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #9858 on: December 16, 2011, 11:12:32 AM »

and they did it all in a comedic way too,eh? (I have not seen the whole movie, just the opening scene  on youtube)

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #9859 on: December 16, 2011, 11:22:45 AM »

all i've been called so far is  a weasel and a space alien. not an android yet. appreciate it... p.s. that wasn't me you met. some dude had me stuffed in his trunk over that sunday you guys met.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9860 on: December 17, 2011, 06:47:08 AM »

p.s. that wasn't me you met. some dude had me stuffed in his trunk over that sunday you guys met.
Maybe that explains why that guy was so hyper. I'm betting the real D&D is much more sedate.

sargatanas
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #9861 on: December 17, 2011, 07:37:54 AM »

WINNEBAGO MAN ~ jeck rebney master of space and time
http://winnebagoman.com/

« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 08:09:27 AM by sargatanas » Logged
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9862 on: December 17, 2011, 12:56:05 PM »

Opening scene on YouTube at http://youtu.be/6xN5Uur-aOg
Couple of good-looking women though and Chuck Connors' mechanical hand and attachments are memorable.
The fact that he had a mechanical hand is memorable, the attachments not so much. A wasted opportunity. I agree about the women, though.

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9863 on: December 17, 2011, 01:21:10 PM »

Opening scene on YouTube at http://youtu.be/6xN5Uur-aOg

Would be different with Leone directing and Morricone's music.  Couple of good-looking women though and Chuck Connors' mechanical hand and attachments are memorable.

A forum member uploaded a version to YouTube to which they added Morricone's music:

http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=6983.msg105963#msg105963

Unfortunately it has since been deleted  Sad

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9864 on: December 17, 2011, 01:36:22 PM »

The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: The Phantom Train of Doom - 8/10 - Two episodes edited together. In the first part, Indy somehow winds up in German East Africa and joins up with a band of geezers (including Paul Freeman!) to sabotage a German rail gun. Then he's off with his Belgian buddy Remy to kidnap Paul Von Lettow-Vorbeck. The first half is pretty much all action with an exciting train chase/shootout at the end. The second is a bit more episodic, but Tom Bell's Lettow-Vorbeck is an interesting character and the ending is quite unexpected. Lots of impressive location work for a '90s TV series.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9865 on: December 18, 2011, 10:53:31 AM »

Way of the Gun - 5/10 - Faux-Peckinpah by way of faux-Tarantino with a faux-Maurice Jarre score. Characters talk and talk, scheme and scheme, double-cross and double-cross and it gets tedious pretty fast. Lots of graphic violence without style, lots of hardboiled dialogue without wit or polish, lots of plot complications that don't make much sense, lots of good actors with little to do. There's a cool shootout at the end but the ride getting there is hardly worth the effort.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 10:55:06 AM by Groggy » Logged

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9866 on: December 18, 2011, 02:44:32 PM »

Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows (2011) - 7/10. Pretty much like the first one, but made a little more interesting this time with Moriarity as the villain (I also liked the Bonds best where the hero goes up against Blofeld). The Holmes-Watson love-hate buddy patter goes stale pretty quick, but there are compensations. Most memorably, the film's endgame where, during a chess match, Holmes and Moriarity attempt to outthink each other not only on the board, but in a projection of the death-struggle that both know must inevitably follow. Using the patented method Ritchie has employed in the first film and earlier in this one, Holmes talks his way through the action before actually doing what he's planned. This time, though, just as he's reaching a satisfactory conclusion, Moriarity interrupts with his own sequence of moves. Are they communicating telepathically? That doesn't have to be the case--they're just so much in each other's heads that they could be thinking the same thoughts simultaneously. The effect, though, produces something akin to what a sci-fi author might call psychic fuguing (one thinker thinking the same thoughts after those of another thinker, with "variations" (i.e. countermoves)), which I found pretty clever. I also appreciated the clever riffing on the Reichenbach Falls conclusion. The music is the usual Hans Zimmer barely-tolerable crap. The titles at the end are nice.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9867 on: December 18, 2011, 03:14:52 PM »

[(I also liked the Bonds best where the hero goes up against Blofeld).

Shocked

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9868 on: December 20, 2011, 10:32:31 PM »

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2011) - 8/10. I haven't read the books, didn't see the Swedish films, and couldn't care less about all that. I watched this because it was a film by David Fincher who, it must now be admitted, is the most interesting U.S. filmmaker working today. And Fincher pretty much delivers, although the nature of the story (a whodunnit about a serial killer), once all the secrets have been revealed, obviates the need for repeated viewings. The electronic score is quite good.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9869 on: December 21, 2011, 12:26:36 AM »

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2011) - 8/10.
And Fincher pretty much delivers,

Could you please elaborate? I'm very anxious to watch this one and it will only be available in France in 1 month

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Pages: 1 ... 656 657 [658] 659 660 ... 1170 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM