Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 08:32:25 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 733 734 [735] 736 737 ... 1162 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1770290 times)
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11010 on: October 15, 2012, 11:10:31 PM »

Did you tell him you post on a message board where everyone is really anal and hates most of his movies and only want to suck Leone/Peckinpah's cock?

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #11011 on: October 15, 2012, 11:50:41 PM »

Did you tell him you post on a message board where everyone is really anal and hates most of his movies and only want to suck Leone/Peckinpah's cock?

I actually recently saw two Scorcese movies that are not the as well known as Taxi Driver/Raging Bull/Goodfellas, and I LOVED LOVED LOVED THEM: Who's That Knocking at My Door (1968), and Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore (1974)

There are some other films of his that I didn't love (or didn't understand) when I saw them years ago and I am gonna re-watch 'em soon. But I have to say, when you consider all of Scorcese's contributions to the world of cinema -- not just his work as a filmmaker, but as a film preserver (including the OUATIA restoration), historian, cineaste, etc. I gotta say that he is one of my favorite film people people alive

p.s. Peckinpah sucks

p.p.s. I'll accept any response other than "you just don't understand his movies." You can go suck Peckinpah's cock and get the clap

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11012 on: October 16, 2012, 03:00:39 AM »

Do you mean the Jeremy Renner thing?

Yes, the Bourne Legacy, to be exact. I got confused with the French title: "Jason Bourne: l'Héritage"

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #11013 on: October 16, 2012, 05:53:39 AM »

Yeah, I did. He told me he's been sucking Kubrick's cock since he was 12.

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11014 on: October 16, 2012, 08:15:03 PM »

Gilda (1946) 8/10

Rita Hayworth was sooooo much hotter with blonde hair, eg. in The Lady from Shanghai (although unfortunately, her hair is short in TLFS). Is there any movie in which she has long blonde hair?

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #11015 on: October 16, 2012, 11:46:18 PM »

Gilda (1946) 8/10

Rita Hayworth was sooooo much hotter with blonde hair, eg. in The Lady from Shanghai (although unfortunately, her hair is short in TLFS). Is there any movie in which she has long blonde hair?
What's the one they watch in The Shawshank Redemption?

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11016 on: October 17, 2012, 07:00:38 AM »

Gilda (1946) 8/10

Are you kidding? She was famous for having red hair. Welles was being perverse by coloring and cutting it (which says something about their personal relationship, no doubt). The are so many Hollywood blondes, we've never needed more, but there have never been enough redheads. The great crime, in fact, is that Hayworth did so many black-and-white films.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11017 on: October 17, 2012, 09:22:51 AM »

Are you kidding? She was famous for having red hair. Welles was being perverse by coloring and cutting it (which says something about their personal relationship, no doubt). The are so many Hollywood blondes, we've never needed more, but there have never been enough redheads. The great crime, in fact, is that Hayworth did so many black-and-white films.

yeah, I didn't know that she was a redhead until after I saw the movie and read her wikipedia page -- no way to see that in the b/w movie.

In fact, she wasn't even really a redhead -- it says her father was Spanish (and she presumably had dark hair?) and used his last name and always played ethnic gals until she decided that to broaden her roles, she'd have to be able to play Anglo-American chicks, so she took her mother's last name Hayworth and dyed her hair red and had electrolosis to make her hairline higher (ugh).

Anyway, I am not worrying about how many zillion blondes there are in Hollywood; all I know is that IMO, Hayworth looked much better in blonde (although it was indeed a crime that her hair was cut for The Lady from Shanghai, which btw was a pretty fucking awful movie).

stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11018 on: October 17, 2012, 02:08:37 PM »

Actually she looked more sexy in TLFS than in any other of her films. Which actually is by far her best film.

Apart from the Blame on Mame scene Gilda is nothing special.

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11019 on: October 17, 2012, 11:29:01 PM »

Yojimbo - 6.5/10
Cocktail - 8/10

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11020 on: October 18, 2012, 02:03:07 AM »

Actually she looked more sexy in TLFS than in any other of her films. Which actually is by far her best film.

Apart from the Blame on Mame scene Gilda is nothing special.

I actually prefer her "Love Me Forever" dance in the white dress, to the Blame on Mame dance in the black dress. (the Blame on Mame song is annoying, but that's beside the point. I prefer the white dress to the black satin one (even though there's no striptease with a glove) and her dancing is pretty clumsy in the Blame on Mame scene. Though the Blame on Mame scene is definitely more famous, I prefer the Love Me Forever scene scene, for the dress, the dance, for every possible reason.

Though with that beautiful face of hers, it wouldn't be boring if she was dancing in a garbage bag to Mary Had a Little Lamb  Wink

-------------
btw, idk wtf the point was, having her dye her hair (from dark?) to red, if she was in b/w movies anyway. The point was I guess to get her looking less Spanish and more America, but you can't tell the difference between dark red and brunette anyway in b/w movies. (Or was it just to convince the producers to cast her as an American?) Idk what her hair color was before it was red; maybe if it was really black, you can tell a difference even in b/w movies. But you can't tell any difference between brunette and dark red.

Anyway.... she was hottest as a blonde. I'm still wondering if she ever did any movies as a long-haired blond?

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11021 on: October 18, 2012, 04:23:03 AM »

Zodiac - 9/10 - 3rd viewing.

Saturday nights with Groggy
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11022 on: October 18, 2012, 09:22:33 AM »

Zodiac - 9/10 - 3rd viewing.
Yeah, it's pretty good.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11023 on: October 18, 2012, 09:43:42 AM »

Yep.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11024 on: October 20, 2012, 08:48:36 PM »

The Lady Vanishes - 8/10 - Fun early Hitchcock that stretches a silly premise as far as possible. Margaret Lockwood is a charmer and the cricket duo are lots of fun.

Pages: 1 ... 733 734 [735] 736 737 ... 1162 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM