Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 04:07:31 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 773 774 [775] 776 777 ... 1162 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1763220 times)
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #11610 on: February 27, 2013, 06:30:07 AM »

Kramer vs. Kramer (1979) 8/10

Very solid movie, but IMO it should not have won the Best Picture of 1979, Norma Rae was a better movie. (And I haven't yet seen Apocalypse Now). Hoffman and Streep were amazing, their Oscars were well-deserved.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #11611 on: February 28, 2013, 05:45:55 AM »

Nora Prentiss woman's noir 6/10
The Girl In Black Stockings 6/10

« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 11:18:41 AM by cigar joe » Logged

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #11612 on: February 28, 2013, 12:28:41 PM »

womans noir
contradiction in terms.

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
Senza
Bounty Killer

You think you're better that I am?

View Profile
« Reply #11613 on: February 28, 2013, 04:56:48 PM »

The Great Silence = 3.5/5 stars.

"Roll it up! Roll it up! I'll give you a good idea where you can put it!" - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
Senza
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11614 on: February 28, 2013, 10:49:10 PM »

The Frighteners (1996) = 3.5/5 stars. I thought this movie would be average but I really enjoyed it. I loved how they combined horror and comedy.

"Roll it up! Roll it up! I'll give you a good idea where you can put it!" - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11615 on: March 01, 2013, 04:23:06 AM »

For a Few Dollars More (blu ray) zero/10 sucks balls

This movie just may be my favorite western of all-time. It definitely my favorite production design of any Western ever. It's just so beautiful to look at. The town of El Paso, amazing. Easily my favorite western town ever, no one else comes close. I just smile looking at the scenes in El Paso, as Leone instructed the genius Carlo Simi, the town became a character in the movie. The hotel rooms, specifically Mortimer's room, so awesome. The bank. the armed guard eating the fattest sandwich I have ever seen. The El Paso saloon, my favorite Western saloon.
And the White Rocks saloon, full of cigar smoke and piano music and whores and card games and gunmen. The empty Tucumcari saloon, with just the piano player -- who stops playing when a stranger enters, of course -- and the great, fat bartender. (A Western Fat Moe?) Indio's gang's hideaway, the Mexican-style Cantina in Agua Caliene, the stone corrida, the town of Agua Caliente with the hills in the background, in the magificent sunlight at high noon on the right side of the screen as Angel Eyes goes off into the sunset on the left of the screen!

Ahhh, such a beautiful movie to look at. Thank God for the genius Carlo Simi

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Senza
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11616 on: March 01, 2013, 07:28:35 AM »

^ Sounds like a good movie  Wink , do you highly recommend it?

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11617 on: March 01, 2013, 10:22:53 AM »

waste of time

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11618 on: March 01, 2013, 01:14:03 PM »

Ahhh, such a beautiful movie to look at. Thank God for the genius Carlo Simi
Ahhh, such a beautiful movie to listen to. Thank God for the genius Ennio Morricone.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11619 on: March 01, 2013, 02:50:12 PM »

so I just started watching a whole bunch of Eastwood-directed movies. Used to be I'd watch a movie if I heard good things about it. But then I started noticing that every motherfucking Eastwood movie I was watching was so damn good -- including those that have low ratings on imdb -- so I said, that's it, I am just gonna go to Netflix and rent every Eastwood-directed drama there is, whether or not I have even heard of it.

Well, the first 4 I rented were Breezy; A Perfect World; Play Misty for Me; and White Hunter Black Heart. I'd never heard of any of them and just watched them cuz I am on a Eastwood-watching trip now. And guess, what, from those for movies I saw, each one gets at least an 8/10 rating! How awesome is that. I then saw The Beguiled (starring Eastwood but directed by Don Siegal) and it was awesome too, it gets an 8/10

And btw, I have still never seen Million Dollar Baby (though I know the whole plot by now) and I think Unforgiven is overrated. But it's just unbelievable how many movies he has made that rank between  "solid" and "masterpiece." Besides the ones I mentioned above, I'd say Josey Wales, Absolute Power, Blood Work, Bridges of Madison County, Mystic River, Gran Torino; every one of those ranks somewhere between a 7.5/10 -- 10/10

Eventually, I am sure I'll see something of his that'll ruin it, but he has such a reliably consistent record

« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 06:10:39 PM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11620 on: March 01, 2013, 02:52:16 PM »

Ahhh, such a beautiful movie to listen to. Thank God for the genius Ennio Morricone.

No doubt. But my point is that you don't hear Carlo Simi's name mentioned as much as Ennio Morricone's (obviously, most people care more about music than production design), but IMO Simi's production design is as important an element of Leone's films as anything else

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11621 on: March 01, 2013, 04:17:36 PM »

has such a reliably consistent record

Yeah, of mediocrity.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Senza
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11622 on: March 01, 2013, 06:20:21 PM »

My favourite ones would probably have to be Gran Torino and Million Dollar Baby. I think The Rookie is very underrated.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11623 on: March 02, 2013, 08:34:32 AM »

No doubt. But my point is that you don't hear Carlo Simi's name mentioned as much as Ennio Morricone's (obviously, most people care more about music than production design), but IMO Simi's production design is as important an element of Leone's films as anything else
OK, but why stop there? Why no love for Massimo Dallamano's cinematography? What about the editing done by Alabiso and Serralonga? How about Valerii's second unit work?

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11624 on: March 02, 2013, 06:11:35 PM »

My favourite ones would probably have to be Gran Torino and Million Dollar Baby. I think The Rookie is very underrated.

my faves are Bridges of Madison County and Mystic River

Pages: 1 ... 773 774 [775] 776 777 ... 1162 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM