Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 01:22:58 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 777 778 [779] 780 781 ... 1169 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1834733 times)
Senza
Bounty Killer

You think you're better that I am?

View Profile
« Reply #11670 on: March 11, 2013, 08:26:51 PM »

Believe me, a lot of people have said this and I agree with them, the 5th movie makes the 4th one look like a masterpiece. There's a shit tonne of CGI, repeated lines of dialogue, McClane's annoying son, you can hardly see what's happening with the shaky camera, and a twist which you can spot from a mile away. The only good thing about the movie was this cool car chase which lasted a good 10-15 minutes, with this truck just blasting through the streets, destroying everything in its path.

"Roll it up! Roll it up! I'll give you a good idea where you can put it!" - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
Senza
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11671 on: March 11, 2013, 08:44:06 PM »

McClane seemed like a superhero in 4 and 5, instead of the underdog type character he was in the first three.

I have a similar attitude to Indiana Jones and Star Wars, for me, there's only the first three Indiana Jones films [4th one doesn't exist], and the original Star Wars trilogy.

"Roll it up! Roll it up! I'll give you a good idea where you can put it!" - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11672 on: March 11, 2013, 10:16:00 PM »

Three Outlaw Samurai

I broke my somewhat stringent 'do not blind buy' rule when this was on sale for 15 bucks over the holidays and I'm really glad I did. This is a samurai film for those who hate samurai films. There's no preachy monologues and characters sitting around indian style talking about the plot, just a whole lot of action and a quick moving plot featuring likable characters. The cinematography and fight scenes were gorgeously executed. I'd be surprised if the cinematographer wasn't influenced by John Alton, really special stuff. This is what samurai movies should be - violent, fun and dazzling.

I should have watched this years ago. 9/10

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11673 on: March 12, 2013, 03:46:09 AM »

I don't like the DH films very much. The first one is still comparatively disappointing in regard of its potential. I prefer Die Harder which has a less interesting story but is so much better directed. Renny Harlin was a good action director. DHWaE is entertaining stuff.

DH  6/10
DHer  7/10
DHwaV  7/10
DH4  5/10
DH 5  -

Btw as taste is differing as always I think that The Rock is partly a bore with a yawn style. 4/10

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 03:59:00 AM by stanton » Logged

Senza
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11674 on: March 12, 2013, 03:51:39 AM »

I grew up on the first 3 films, I watched the first DH when I was about 8, so they are kind of special to me.
For me, it's:
DH - 5/5
DH 2 - 3.5/5
DH 3 - 5/5
DH 4 - 3/5
DH 5 - 2/5

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11675 on: March 12, 2013, 04:34:25 AM »

Btw as taste is differing as always I think that The Rock is partly a bore with a yawn style. 4/10

Well, it's a Michael Bay movie.

I've only seen the first and fourth Die Hards. I enjoyed the first well-enough but it didn't inspire me to seek out the rest. The fourth I saw around the time it came out and remember very little.

Saturday nights with Groggy
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #11676 on: March 12, 2013, 04:49:42 AM »

Well, it's a Michael Bay movie.

I've only seen the first and fourth Die Hards. I enjoyed the first well-enough but it didn't inspire me to seek out the rest. The fourth I saw around the time it came out and remember very little.

you have to see the third one. with Jeremy Irons as a madman German terrorist/thief who robs the gold from the New York Fed and forces McLane to walk into Harlem wearing a sign that says "I HATE NIGGERS." Samuel L. Jackson plays his racist-very-reluctant partner.
The second one is great also (featuring one of the great endings in movie history), but IMO the third one is the greatest action movie ever made.
I think the first one has significantly higher ratings on IMDB but in my opinion the latter two are far and away better.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11677 on: March 12, 2013, 04:51:09 AM »

Jeremy Irons is always good.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Senza
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11678 on: March 12, 2013, 06:25:44 AM »

I think John McTiernan should return for Die Hard 6, and maybe one of the screenwriters behind any of the first three die hards.

stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11679 on: March 12, 2013, 07:04:56 AM »

The second one is great also (featuring one of the great endings in movie history),

Oops, actually I don't remember how it ends ...

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11680 on: March 12, 2013, 02:35:03 PM »

For you, Die Hard lovers:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-simple-rules-not-screwing-up-die-hard-sequel/

It's a comedy article and the author has his own opinions on the topic. However, like most Cracked articles, it's very, very, very well documented and contains lots of interesting trivia:

A Good Day to Die Hard is the first script that was written just to be a Die Hard movie. Ever. The first Die Hard was originally written as a sequel to Commando (or a sequel to The Detective, depending on which source you consult), but when Arnold dropped out, they changed it at the last minute into a Die Hard. Die Hard 2: Die Harder was originally a book called 58 Minutes about a cop named Frank Malone who probably never even Die Harded a little bit. Die Hard With a Vengeance was originally supposed to be Lethal Weapon 4, but that also changed at the last minute, probably because turning Danny Glover's "too old for this shit" good cop into a "too racist for this shit" lunatic upset the buddy cop dynamic established in the first three. Finally, Live Free or Die Hard was originally called WW3.com, and it was based on a Wired article. About hacking. No one has ever started a movie with the intention of writing a Die Hard. Good Die Hard scripts are like McClane himself; they're the right script in the wrong place at the wrong time.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 02:38:07 PM by noodles_leone » Logged

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11681 on: March 12, 2013, 03:17:11 PM »

Oops, actually I don't remember how it ends ...

ENDING to Die Hard 2:

The plane is leaking gas, leaving a trail of gas in the snow, McLane pulls out his lighter and lights the gas, the trail of fire shoots up and consumes the plane

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11682 on: March 12, 2013, 03:46:17 PM »

Toys in the Attic (1963) 9/10

stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11683 on: March 12, 2013, 05:02:18 PM »

ENDING to Die Hard 2:

The plane is leaking gas, leaving a trail of gas in the snow, McLane pulls out his lighter and lights the gas, the trail of fire shoots up and consumes the plane

Ok, and how could that be one of the great endings in movie history?

Senza
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11684 on: March 12, 2013, 05:18:03 PM »

Because he says "Yippie Kay Yay Motherfucker" before he does it.

Pages: 1 ... 777 778 [779] 780 781 ... 1169 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM