Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 06:26:02 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 783 784 [785] 786 787 ... 1161 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1760010 times)
Senza
Bounty Killer

You think you're better that I am?

View Profile
« Reply #11760 on: March 21, 2013, 01:02:51 AM »

I'll stop with the gay shit but I just thought everyone would have a laugh at this - http://danhf.wordpress.com/2011/06/30/closeted-homosexuality-in-sergio-leones-films/ apparently all of Leone's films have gay undertones

"Roll it up! Roll it up! I'll give you a good idea where you can put it!" - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #11761 on: March 21, 2013, 02:44:27 AM »

I'll stop with the gay shit but I just thought everyone would have a laugh at this - http://danhf.wordpress.com/2011/06/30/closeted-homosexuality-in-sergio-leones-films/ apparently all of Leone's films have gay undertones

"in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, Eastwood himself becomes the object of sexual attraction that causes rivalry between Van Cleef and Eli Wallach"  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Senza
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11762 on: March 21, 2013, 02:53:24 AM »

"in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, Eastwood himself becomes the object of sexual attraction that causes rivalry between Van Cleef and Eli Wallach"  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

haha, how good is it? I guess Tuco got Blondie all to himself in the end, only to find that Blondie is calling it quits.

"Roll it up! Roll it up! I'll give you a good idea where you can put it!" - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
Senza
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11763 on: March 21, 2013, 02:56:51 AM »

I'm actually going to watch the final duel from GBU with that theory in mind, their stares will take on another meaning.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11764 on: March 21, 2013, 03:48:12 AM »

SPRING BREAKERS 3/10

Boring and empty. Shot and edited like a Terrence Malick film, with less talent and with a use of music than is closer to what Tarantino does. Terrible acting by everyone except James Franco, who does the job (and nothing more). Ridiculous dialogues (which are more voice over than dialogues). One very good scene. Some good ideas to steal. I'm glad I have seen it, especially for 3.50.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 03:52:33 AM by noodles_leone » Logged

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11765 on: March 21, 2013, 04:26:47 AM »

Shoeshine (1946) 8/10

Shake Hands with the Devil (1959) 7/10

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11766 on: March 21, 2013, 08:50:03 PM »

The Long Goodbye - 8/10
Altman near the top of his game.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11767 on: March 21, 2013, 11:12:49 PM »

The Long Goodbye - 8/10
Altman near the top of his game.

yeah, real good movie; I gave it an 8/10 as well http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=11246.msg157313#msg157313

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11768 on: March 23, 2013, 09:55:35 PM »

Rome: Open City - 8/10 - Two caveats: Despite its classification this seems neo-realist more in theory than practice: the cast includes two major stars and the story is pure melodrama, though the images of bombed-out Rome are undeniably remarkable. Nor does it seem a particularly honest view of fascism, pawning off responsibility on Nazi perverts. Either way it's an incredible movie.

Saturday nights with Groggy
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11769 on: March 23, 2013, 10:39:53 PM »

Once Upon a Time in the West 10/10

I watched the restored version on blu ray. After the opening shootout, I immediately hit "next chapter," (ie. forwarding through the Harmonica Rising scene). Also, I shut off the disc as soon as the end titles began, so that for me, the final music was the main theme, rather than the wrong Cheyenne theme.

What can you say. What a beautiful movie. Mona Lisa on celluloid  Smiley

Senza
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11770 on: March 24, 2013, 03:43:22 AM »

Once Upon a Time in the West 10/10

I watched the restored version on blu ray. After the opening shootout, I immediately hit "next chapter," (ie. forwarding through the Harmonica Rising scene). Also, I shut off the disc as soon as the end titles began, so that for me, the final music was the main theme, rather than the wrong Cheyenne theme.

What can you say. What a beautiful movie. Mona Lisa on celluloid  Smiley

Great movie! I'm definitely going to watch it tomorrow.

Senza
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11771 on: March 24, 2013, 04:02:18 AM »

Inglourious Basterds (2009) - 3/5 stars. Good use of the music from The Battle Of Algiers  Smiley

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11772 on: March 24, 2013, 01:59:55 PM »

Two Flags West - 7/10 - Decent Robert Wise oater with Confederate POW Joseph Cotten recruited into the Union cavalry to fight Indians, clashing with suspcious martinet Jeff Chandler. Peckinpah obviously stole a great deal for Major Dundee: not only the setting but Jeff Chandler's authoritarian Major, scenes of Yankee and Reb songs counterpointed, Linda Darnell asking Cotten why fighting is so important; a Yankee Captain gets a recruitment speech similar to Chuck Heston's. The movie's pretty routine until the last half hour, when Wise stages an impressively violent Indian battle. The downbeat finale strikes a chord, too.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11773 on: March 24, 2013, 07:11:45 PM »

Germany Year Zero - 9/10 - 2nd viewing. Just as crushingly downbeat as I remembered it.

Senza
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11774 on: March 27, 2013, 01:34:43 AM »

- Ali G Indahouse (2002): 2.5/5 stars...funny in the first half, ok in the second half.

- Borat: Cultural Learnings Of America For Make Benefit Glorious Nation Of Kazakhstan (2006): 3/5 stars...disgusting, but funny.

- Once Upon A Time In The West (1968): 4.5/5 stars [the last time I watched it, it was 4/5 stars, this movie is slowly growing on me, and became more awesome when I read a lot of background information on it from STDWD especially in regards to cinematic technique, symbolism, and meaning, soon it will probably be 5/5 stars].

Pages: 1 ... 783 784 [785] 786 787 ... 1161 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM