Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 03:34:53 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 999 1000 [1001] 1002 1003 ... 1169 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1832443 times)
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #15000 on: April 07, 2015, 06:08:13 AM »

Does that mean I get a lifetime supply of Turtle Wax with my new car? Carrol Merrill, tell me it's so!

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #15001 on: April 07, 2015, 03:16:58 PM »

No, it means you get a lifetime supply of cellphones Wink

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15002 on: April 08, 2015, 05:17:55 AM »

TO HAVE AND HAVE NOT 7.5/10

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15003 on: April 08, 2015, 05:39:00 PM »

KEY LARGO 8/10

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15004 on: April 09, 2015, 06:15:43 AM »

Mort d'un pourri (1977) 1080p - 7/10. A kind of Gaulic 3 Days of the Condor, with Alain Delon--the French Robert Redford!--in the Condor-type role. One big difference, though, is supplied by the witty dialogue of Michel Audiard. This gives the film a bit of a Jekyll-and-Hyde aspect--one minute we're chuckling at verbal sparing, the next someone is going out a window. Also, the look of the film is somewhat odd: Paris in pastels. With Ornella Muti and Kinski (beauty and the beast).

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15005 on: April 09, 2015, 04:15:24 PM »

Nobody Waved Good-Bye - 7/10 - Canada's answer to Rebel Without a Cause and the British New Wave: cranky teenager disowns his parents, works menial jobs and commits petty crimes. Bleak and grim, as you'd expect. Most notable cast member is John Vernon, in a pre-Topaz bit part.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #15006 on: April 10, 2015, 01:18:32 AM »

I remember having similar feelings towards The Killing Fields, which I saw only once in one piece many years ago. Still, I thought it was pretty powerful stuff. Then again, killing about a million people in just a couple of years in pretty 'powerful' per se...

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15007 on: April 10, 2015, 06:35:00 AM »

Le Bonheur (1935) 1080p - 9/10. Clara Stuart (Gaby Morlay), star of stage and screen, is about to return to Paris in triumph. Cartoonist Charles Boyer is commissioned by a newspaper to meet her crowd-thronged train and produce an unflattering caricature. His work done, a woman tries to pick Boyer up. What should they do for their first date? The woman suggests a Clara Stuart performance. They go to the theater and hear her sing her signature song, Le Bonheur. Boyer and his new girlfriend wait by the stage door after the show. When Clara emerges, Boyer shoots her, but in the shoulder. At the trial Boyer gives the usual anarcho-terrorist reasons. Clara pleads for clemency, but Boyer attacks her grandstanding, demanding punishment rather than have his case decided by an obvious "performance." Clara, chastised, falls in love with Boyer. Boyer is sentenced to prison, but only for a few months. Clara divorces her husband and waits for Boyer. Meanwhile, she begins production on a new film called Le Bonheur. . . .

Marcel L'Herbier is the director of record, but the auteur in this case is actually Henri Bernstein, the playwright whose drama was the basis for the film. This is an amazing film, and Bernstein, apparently, was an interesting writer. I only know one other film adapted from his work, Alain Resnais's Melo (1986). Everything Resnais did in the 80s was shit, but Mélo is one of the greatest French films ever made. The reason? Obviously, the Bernstein source play . . . .

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15008 on: April 10, 2015, 03:37:24 PM »

Le Bonheur (1935)
The Boner?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #15009 on: April 10, 2015, 08:58:09 PM »

Kid Blue (1973) Director: James Frawley Stars: Dennis Hopper, Warren Oates, Peter Boyle. Better than first go round 7/10

Bickford Waner, an apparently naive young man from Fort Worth, arrives in the tiny Texas town of Dime Box and takes on a variety of menial jobs. He's befriended by Reese Ford and his wife Molly, but before long Molly has seduced Bickford. Only with the arrival of Bickford's former girlfriend Janet Conforto is it revealed that Bickford is actually the notorious train robber Kid Blue.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 09:14:31 PM by cigar joe » Logged

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15010 on: April 11, 2015, 03:20:24 AM »

L'Homme de Rio - 8.5/10

I had not seen it in ages and had forgotten almost anything. Great Tintin adaptation that heavily influenced Spielberg when he did the first Indiana Jones.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 03:23:17 AM by noodles_leone » Logged

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15011 on: April 11, 2015, 08:41:35 AM »

The Boner?
Only one thing on your mind, eh? And no doubt it belongs to PTA . . .

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15012 on: April 11, 2015, 08:43:25 AM »

L'Homme de Rio - 8.5/10

I had not seen it in ages and had forgotten almost anything. Great Tintin adaptation that heavily influenced Spielberg when he did the first Indiana Jones.
Never seen it, but the new Blu is due any day. Ordered!

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15013 on: April 11, 2015, 09:05:23 AM »

Never seen it, but the new Blu is due any day. Ordered!

The best De Broca I've seen (not that I've seen a lot). You'll like it a lot. It's an incredibly fast paced movie for 1964.
Have you seen the one they did after that, Up to His Ears? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Up_to_His_Ears It's ok not as good. Characters, dialogues, story, editing, camerawork, The Man From Rio beats it everywhere.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 09:07:23 AM by noodles_leone » Logged

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15014 on: April 11, 2015, 11:20:43 AM »

The best De Broca I've seen (not that I've seen a lot). You'll like it a lot. It's an incredibly fast paced movie for 1964.
Have you seen the one they did after that, Up to His Ears? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Up_to_His_Ears It's ok not as good. Characters, dialogues, story, editing, camerawork, The Man From Rio beats it everywhere.
That seems to be the general consensus. Oh well, the two films come packaged together in the US release coming Tuesday. The first one, if it's as good as you say, will probably leave me wanting more, and the sequel, even if it isn't up to the first's level, will be a nice extra to have.

Pages: 1 ... 999 1000 [1001] 1002 1003 ... 1169 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM