Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 08:27:19 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 ... 1170 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1842632 times)
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #15345 on: October 02, 2015, 08:06:32 AM »

99 Homes (2015) An evil real estate guy gets a young guy to violate his conscience, for a while. The film's amazing message: greed is bad, but niceness is acceptable. Who knew? This would make a great after-school special. For adults, though, it's a 2/10.

Sicario (2015) Zero Dark Thirty meets No Country For Old Men, with a bit of Traffic thrown in. The film's amazing message: the war on drugs is worse than the drugs themselves. Who knew? That's not the worst of it, though. This film, although entertaining, has a plot that frequently makes no sense. For example, the major action piece in the second half relies on the arrival of a very convenient vehicle. Although the operation is carefully planned, at no time do we see that the vehicle was prepared for. In fact, we get the distinct impression that its presence is happenstance. And yet, upon reflection, it is impossible to see how the operation could have gone forward without it. Somebody planned this? Even more egregious is the film's penultimate scene, where one character forces another character to sign a document at gun-point. Hey, signatures obtained under duress are not legally binding and have the same validity as a forgery. Given that, why not just forge the signature? By forcing someone to sign fraudulently you alert that person that something wrong is in play. With forgery, it may be years before anyone discovers the cheat. So, the plot is crap. What about Deakins photography? It's pretty great, I guess, but the color grading (yellow and teal) spoiled a lot of it for me. Still, the film is pretty much a fun watch. Just don't think about it too much afterwards. 6/10.

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15346 on: October 02, 2015, 08:14:31 AM »

The Martian (2015) - 8/10

Finally a great Ridley Scott movie.
2D or 3D?

Power's review: 1/10.

stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15347 on: October 02, 2015, 12:37:51 PM »

Smokin' Aces (2006) - 7.5/10
Hey, that was good! You guys should have told me.
(I'm not talking to you, Titoli)

I could, but I probably was too lazy ...

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15348 on: October 02, 2015, 03:52:26 PM »

Smokin' Aces (2006) - 7.5/10
Hey, that was good! You guys should have told me.
(I'm not talking to you, Titoli)

You talking to me?

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15349 on: October 03, 2015, 05:07:24 AM »

You talking to me?

You gave it 3/10, "for a few gunfights". It's like giving The Raid "3/10 because the action is ok". It's ALL ABOUT the action.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15350 on: October 03, 2015, 06:11:59 AM »

You gave it 3/10, "for a few gunfights". It's like giving The Raid "3/10 because the action is ok". It's ALL ABOUT the action.

You talking to me?

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15351 on: October 03, 2015, 07:02:31 AM »

You talking to me?

You shouldn't stay on that thread, Mr Tit. If RR catches you he's gonna track you down.

www.ThibautOskian.com
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15352 on: October 03, 2015, 10:07:55 AM »

You shouldn't stay on that thread, Mr Tit. If RR catches you he's gonna track you down.
You talking to me?

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15353 on: October 03, 2015, 10:45:18 AM »

You talking to me?
This discussion is starting to look like your signature pic. I don't think I'll back away though, so that it'll look like mine too.

www.ThibautOskian.com
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15354 on: October 03, 2015, 02:27:12 PM »

This discussion is starting to look like your signature pic. I don't think I'll back away though, so that it'll look like mine too.

You talking to me?

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15355 on: October 03, 2015, 09:48:02 PM »

You talking to me?

No

www.ThibautOskian.com
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15356 on: October 04, 2015, 03:55:43 PM »

No

Good. Thought you were.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15357 on: October 05, 2015, 08:23:35 AM »

The Martian (2015) 4k-3D. 10/10 (although the 3D adds nothing). A smart-ass from Earth (smart-ass Matt Damon--perfect casting) goes on vacation to Mars but gets left behind by his tour group. He's forced to become a farmer, and later a pirate, in order to survive. Great CGI--there are some really spectacular scenes of weightlessness during the deep space sequences (Kubrick would have been proud). Clever use of music, too: at an appropriate moment, Bowie's "Starman" is cued; had I been thinking about Bowie's contribution I would have been expecting "Life On Mars," right? Holy change-up, Batman! There's also a running gag about disco music that pays off with a scene using Abba's "Waterloo". That sure gave me a chuckle. And of course there were moments where I was allowed to gaze full-on at Jessica Chastain. But then, the Chinese get involved and we're introduced to Chen Shu as Zhu Tao! Whoa, forget about Jessica, this is one smokin' Chinese babe. I wonder if she lives in NY now. I hope she's not in some place like Shanghai, say, cause long-distance stalking just does not work.

Anyway, U.S. film of the year. The Revenant isn't gonna cut it: that CGI bear sucks, man. And I have a bad feeling about The Hateful Eight.

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15358 on: October 05, 2015, 04:34:54 PM »

The Martian (2015) 4k-3D. 10/10 (although the 3D adds nothing). A smart-ass from Earth (smart-ass Matt Damon--perfect casting) goes on vacation to Mars but gets left behind by his tour group. He's forced to become a farmer, and later a pirate, in order to survive. Great CGI--there are some really spectacular scenes of weightlessness during the deep space sequences (Kubrick would have been proud). Clever use of music, too: at an appropriate moment, Bowie's "Starman" is cued; had I been thinking about Bowie's contribution I would have been expecting "Life On Mars," right? Holy change-up, Batman! There's also a running gag about disco music that pays off with a scene using Abba's "Waterloo". That sure gave me a chuckle. And of course there were moments where I was allowed to gaze full-on at Jessica Chastain. But then, the Chinese get involved and we're introduced to Chen Shu as Zhu Tao! Whoa, forget about Jessica, this is one smokin' Chinese babe. I wonder if she lives in NY now. I hope she's not in some place like Shanghai, say, cause long-distance stalking just does not work.

Anyway, U.S. film of the year. The Revenant isn't gonna cut it: that CGI bear sucks, man. And I have a bad feeling about The Hateful Eight.
I like it more and more the more I think about it. Definitely close to the best film this year, I think The Jinx and Inside Out are a bit better though (if you count Jinx). I didn't think the CGI bear looked all that bad in Revenant, but I do agree that Hateful Eight could be a stinker.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15359 on: October 07, 2015, 06:06:31 AM »

Turbulences (1997) 2/10
What the hell am I doing with my life? I watched the whole thing! I cannot decide wether the funniest part is that they desperatly try to sell us Ray Liotta as a nice and charming guy or the music that sounds exactly like a Home Alone cover by a fan of the 80's action music by Hans Zimmer. What a turd.

www.ThibautOskian.com
Pages: 1 ... 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 ... 1170 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM