Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 01:01:51 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 1023 1024 [1025] 1026 1027 ... 1161 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1759672 times)
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15360 on: October 07, 2015, 06:06:31 AM »

Turbulences (1997) 2/10
What the hell am I doing with my life? I watched the whole thing! I cannot decide wether the funniest part is that they desperatly try to sell us Ray Liotta as a nice and charming guy or the music that sounds exactly like a Home Alone cover by a fan of the 80's action music by Hans Zimmer. What a turd.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #15361 on: October 07, 2015, 07:53:14 AM »

CLAUDINE (1974) 8/10

Single black woman, 36 years old, six kids, on welfare, falls in love with James Earl Jones.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15362 on: October 07, 2015, 11:17:19 AM »

THE NAKED SPUR

second viewing. Opinion is the same as my first time. This is a pretty crappy movie. The worst of the Mann/Stewart Westerns. IMO only one of those 5 is a very good movie: THE FAR COUNTRY

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15363 on: October 08, 2015, 10:31:30 PM »

THE WALK (2015) (IMAX 3D) 3/10

$21 bucks for a shitty movie and $7.72 for shitty stale popcorn. Hot girl woman next to me alone - have you ever seen a hot girl at a movie alone? - but she seemed to enjoy the movie a lot more than my sarcastic comments.
But hey, afterward I punched out the lenses on my glasses and wore them all around the city like Dwight Howard Smiley

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #15364 on: October 10, 2015, 02:43:17 PM »

THE WALK (2015) (IMAX 3D) 3/10

Hot girl woman next to me alone - have you ever seen a hot girl at a movie alone? - but she seemed to enjoy the movie a lot more than my sarcastic comments.
WTH is a "girl woman"? Are you telling us you can only get it up for women if you imagine they're under age? You're a sick fuck, Fink.

That's what you get, Drink, for lying in the middle of the road.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15365 on: October 10, 2015, 06:47:05 PM »

WTH is a "girl woman"? Are you telling us you can only get it up for women if you imagine they're under age? You're a sick fuck, Fink.

Grin

I typed "girl" then changed it to "woman" cuz she was slightly older. Then I forgot to delete "girl."

But you would indeed consider her a girl  Wink

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15366 on: October 11, 2015, 12:42:25 PM »

The Master (2012) - 10/10
One of the best movies I've ever seen. Especially enjoyed it this time, for some reason.

Inherent Vice (2014)- 7.9/10
If it were a little shorter with a bit more style than many extended scenes of only close-ups, this could be a masterpiece. Unfortunately at times it just gets plain boring. There are some incredible single scenes, some of the best PTA has ever done: day with the Ouija board, Blatnoyd's office, Doc fucks Shasta, the ending shot, and more. But still too much filler in between.

Junun (2015) - 6/10
PTA's first documentary. It's cool to watch but nothing special stylistically, and nothing that hasn't been done before. It's much more about the music than the film. There's not really a narrative. There's a song recording, kinda cool shots of India, another song recording, more shots of India, and repeat until it's over. It works considering it's only 53 minutes. There's nothing particularly bad about it but nothing standout either - it is what it is: a document of artists performing music.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #15367 on: October 11, 2015, 12:56:14 PM »

Grin

I typed "girl" then changed it to "woman" cuz she was slightly older. Then I forgot to delete "girl."
This I understood, but I couldn't resist the opening you gave me to deliver a zinger.

That's what you get, Drink, for lying in the middle of the road.
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15368 on: October 12, 2015, 01:49:59 PM »

Thief (1981) - 6/10
The use of color and lighting (blues and greens and lots of shadows) is on point for the neo-noir world, as well as for creating that early 80's atmosphere paired up with its synthy soundtrack. Caan's performance makes up for an otherwise dull character. As far as the plot... mobs, murders, heists, revenge, "bad guy attempting to start a family", seen it all before... yawn, next. The difference between Thief and a great film with a similar plot is that this just feels lifeless.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 01:56:07 PM by PowerRR » Logged
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15369 on: October 12, 2015, 03:41:00 PM »

Thief (1981) - 6/10
The use of color and lighting (blues and greens and lots of shadows) is on point for the neo-noir world, as well as for creating that early 80's atmosphere paired up with its synthy soundtrack. Caan's performance makes up for an otherwise dull character. As far as the plot... mobs, murders, heists, revenge, "bad guy attempting to start a family", seen it all before... yawn, next. The difference between Thief and a great film with a similar plot is that this just feels lifeless.

what about the SCORE? Love it or hate it (I hate it) it's distinct and can't be ignored  Tongue

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15370 on: October 12, 2015, 05:10:47 PM »

what about the SCORE? Love it or hate it (I hate it) it's distinct and can't be ignored  Tongue
I liked it - not as something I'd ever listen to outside of the movie, but I thought it supported the atmosphere really well.

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15371 on: October 12, 2015, 07:37:16 PM »

Frances Ha (2012) - 8.5/10
Expected to hate this ...and why shouldn't I? It screams "quirky indie hipster coming-of-age comedy". While all that is still true, it's surprisingly great. Well-written, edited and performed. First Noah Baumbach movie I've seen, but not so sure I want to see any more ...none of them have really interested me.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15372 on: October 12, 2015, 08:58:21 PM »

I liked it - not as something I'd ever listen to outside of the movie, but I thought it supported the atmosphere really well.

IMO, that's the job of a film composer: to write a score that supports/enhances the movie. Of course, if it happens to be that a score is enjoyable to listen to on its own all the better. But when a composer sets out to write a score, his only job is to write music that will enhance the movie (sometimes it actually even creates the mood of the movie).

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15373 on: October 12, 2015, 09:20:24 PM »

IMO, that's the job of a film composer: to write a score that supports/enhances the movie. Of course, if it happens to be that a score is enjoyable to listen to on its own all the better. But when a composer sets out to write a score, his only job is to write music that will enhance the movie (sometimes it actually even creates the mood of the movie).
Yeah agreed. Greenwood's scores are some of the best parts of PTA's last 4 movies (well, the only part of Junun), but I wouldn't ever really listen to them outside of watching the movie. Whereas Ennio's stuff in OUATIA and OUATITW I have listened to frequently on their own, but never the GBU soundtrack ...that one only works for me in-film.

So Thief as an example that works for the film but not my cup of tea separately.

Season 2 of Fargo off to a great start. 8.5 or 9.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 09:26:22 PM by PowerRR » Logged
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15374 on: October 13, 2015, 01:05:00 AM »

Season 2 of Fargo off to a great start. 8.5 or 9.

Great! I didn't know season 2 was on.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Pages: 1 ... 1023 1024 [1025] 1026 1027 ... 1161 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM