Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 10:53:27 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 1030 1031 [1032] 1033 1034 ... 1162 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1763659 times)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #15465 on: December 04, 2015, 04:56:20 AM »

Manhunter (1986) Director: Michael Mann, Writers: Thomas Harris (novel), Michael Mann (screenplay), Stars: William Petersen, Kim Greist, Joan Allen, Brian Cox, Dennis Farina, and Tom Noonan The first film to feature Dr. Hannibal Lecter, sort of the catalyst for Silence of the Lambs Very Noir-ish Mystery with good performances. 9/10

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15466 on: December 04, 2015, 05:04:29 AM »

Manhunter (1986) Director: Michael Mann, Writers: Thomas Harris (novel), Michael Mann (screenplay), Stars: William Petersen, Kim Greist, Joan Allen, Brian Cox, Dennis Farina, and Tom Noonan The first film to feature Dr. Hannibal Lecter, sort of the catalyst for Silence of the Lambs Very Noir-ish Mystery with good performances. 9/10

I remember being really disappointed at that one. Way too cheap and too 1980's for me.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #15467 on: December 04, 2015, 07:37:00 AM »

I remember being really disappointed at that one. Way too cheap and too 1980's for me.

You may want to watch it again sometime down the road.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15468 on: December 04, 2015, 10:04:31 AM »

I think I still have the DVD. I'll try again.

www.ThibautOskian.com
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #15469 on: December 05, 2015, 09:03:44 AM »

Yeah I was also disappointed by MH. Undecided

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #15470 on: December 05, 2015, 02:10:49 PM »

Yeah I was also disappointed by MH. Undecided

did you see Silence of the Lambs first?

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15471 on: December 06, 2015, 07:05:15 PM »

Spotlight (2015) - 6.5/10
Good enough film, but the forgettable probable Oscar-winner of the year. Well-acted, well-written, "based on a true story", but otherwise doomed to be forgotten among most of the history of best picture winners. Generally kinda dull.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #15472 on: December 06, 2015, 09:09:50 PM »

Spotlight (2015) - 6.5/10
Good enough film, but the forgettable probable Oscar-winner of the year. Well-acted, well-written, "based on a true story", but otherwise doomed to be forgotten among most of the history of best picture winners. Generally kinda dull.

So a film that is "generally kinda dull" is a " good enough film"?  Grin

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15473 on: December 07, 2015, 03:26:17 PM »

kinda dull. good enough. neither statement is really that positive or negative.

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15474 on: December 07, 2015, 05:28:02 PM »

Tangerine (2015) - 5/10
Shot completely on iPhones. Nice effort but not very good - has it's moments. Shades of neorealism and new wave in modern day poor America.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15475 on: December 08, 2015, 01:13:15 AM »

Tangerine (2015) - 5/10
Shot completely on iPhones. Nice effort but not very good - has it's moments. Shades of neorealism and new wave in modern day poor America.

So what's with the "shot on iPhones" thing? I'm all for the "grab the camera that's close to you and shoot a feature film" but everytime I see a marketing campaign based on the fact it was done with Apple products I get suspicious. I'm ready to call this a marketing gimmick that will get you article ps in Mashable and TechCrunch. The camera you get for your film shouldn't be determined by marketing (which already determines too many things on set). Also, I remember seeing the trailer and thinking: "well, that's the kind of images you get if you film with your iPhone".

« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 01:15:38 AM by noodles_leone » Logged

www.ThibautOskian.com
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #15476 on: December 08, 2015, 05:47:26 AM »

did you see Silence of the Lambs first?

Yeah. Smiley

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15477 on: December 08, 2015, 03:07:49 PM »

So what's with the "shot on iPhones" thing? I'm all for the "grab the camera that's close to you and shoot a feature film" but everytime I see a marketing campaign based on the fact it was done with Apple products I get suspicious. I'm ready to call this a marketing gimmick that will get you article ps in Mashable and TechCrunch. The camera you get for your film shouldn't be determined by marketing (which already determines too many things on set). Also, I remember seeing the trailer and thinking: "well, that's the kind of images you get if you film with your iPhone".
I don't think it's a marketing ploy by Apple - it seems to me like a genuine project between low-budget filmmakers. I'm sure Apple certainly enjoys the free marketing though, even if not intentional. Yeah, the movie looks like shit - for good reason. And it actually kind of is shit. Don't bother watching it ever, there's better things to do with 87 minutes

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15478 on: December 08, 2015, 04:15:31 PM »

I don't think it's a marketing ploy by Apple - it seems to me like a genuine project between low-budget filmmakers. I'm sure Apple certainly enjoys the free marketing though, even if not intentional. Yeah, the movie looks like shit - for good reason. And it actually kind of is shit. Don't bother watching it ever, there's better things to do with 87 minutes

I meant a marketing ploy by the filmmakers, not by Apple. If I shoot a 90min movie on an Apple Watch tomorrow, no matter how shitty my movie is, I'm pretty sure to get a lot of articles about it because "Apple Watch" is a buzzword.

Thanks. I'll avoid it.

www.ThibautOskian.com
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15479 on: December 08, 2015, 07:58:16 PM »

I meant a marketing ploy by the filmmakers, not by Apple. If I shoot a 90min movie on an Apple Watch tomorrow, no matter how shitty my movie is, I'm pretty sure to get a lot of articles about it because "Apple Watch" is a buzzword.

Thanks. I'll avoid it.
Ahh gotcha. considering "shot an an iphone" is the most interesting thing I had to say about the movie, that point speaks for itself. if it looked a little nicer, it'd still probably be a 5 though. just not much of anything good in there. The first 20 minutes was an easy 1/10.

Pages: 1 ... 1030 1031 [1032] 1033 1034 ... 1162 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM