Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 11:39:33 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 1060 1061 [1062] 1063 1064 ... 1170 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1837421 times)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #15915 on: April 01, 2016, 05:58:21 PM »

And btw cj, the women are not all unattached. The woman in Florida who tells Hackman the bullshit story about the shit-eating alligators and her nipples staying hard for half an hour, she is married. And Melanie Griffith has a boyfriend (James Woods) yet neither of them like keeping their clothes on when Hackman is around. Not the old movie starlet, not the teenager, not the wife. No one. Not even Hackman's wife who looks like a man in that awful 70's haircut.

I didn't get the impression that Paula was married to Tom Iverson she was just shackin' up with him from what I remember. Melanie Griffith was to quasi quote Paula, after any thing with a dick, lol. Like I said they are ALL fucked up, what part of all fucked up don't you understand?Huh

« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 06:04:44 AM by cigar joe » Logged

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15916 on: April 02, 2016, 10:28:06 AM »

Horace and Pete (2016) - 10/10
Louis CK's 10-episode play comes to an end. It was a flawless, out of the blue masterpiece and one of the finest pieces of art in who knows how long. I've been recommending this to everyone I know to almost no avail. Please... somebody watch this. It'll cost you $31 in total and you'll get to own every episode to watch again, again, again, and again.

https://louisck.net/show/horace-and-pete

T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15917 on: April 02, 2016, 04:40:50 PM »

Mad Men Season 1 - 9.5/10

Weiner perfectly understands that TV should be all about the minutiae. You know you have a winner when this show couldn't work better as a feature narrative. My only knock, and it's a small one, is that I was expecting music to play a larger role, but I assume Weiner didn't want people to view Mad Men as some nostalgia ride or something. It couldn't be any further from that.

I'm sure most of you guys have seen this show but for those who haven't I couldn't recommend this any more. I'm a couple episodes into season 2 and it's somehow better.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15918 on: April 02, 2016, 04:49:27 PM »

I went through the first season of Mad Men last December. Can't say I'm a fan.

Saturday nights with Groggy
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #15919 on: April 02, 2016, 05:10:22 PM »

I went through the first season of Mad Men last December. Can't say I'm a fan.
I couldn't even make to the end of season one.

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15920 on: April 02, 2016, 05:27:00 PM »

I made it through all of Mad Men ...it was...well, all right. The last 7 episodes were excellent, comparable to the ending of a classic novel.

Horace and Pete, though....

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #15921 on: April 02, 2016, 07:55:11 PM »

A Rage In Harlem (1991)Director Bill Duke, stars: Forest Whitaker, Gregory Hines, Robin Givens, Danny Glover, Screamin' Jay Hawkins, a fun Crime -Comedy film, that been on some Neo Noir lists.

The director and cinematographer Toyomichi Kurita have a better handle on Noir than Devil In A Blue Dress. Nice sequences with Screamin' Jay Hawkins. The production values are top shelf, wish it would have been more humorous/picaresque than comedy, it's sort of unbalanced swinging from serious to comedy, as is still a 7/10

« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 08:06:47 PM by cigar joe » Logged

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #15922 on: April 02, 2016, 10:33:48 PM »

I didn't get the impression that Paula was married to Tom Iverson she was just shackin' up with him from what I remember. Melanie Griffith was to quasi quote Paula, after any thing with a dick, lol. Like I said they are ALL fucked up, what part of all fucked up don't you understand?Huh

The ALL part. That's what I'm saying. Some women are sexually frustrated/deviant. That's fine. But not ALL. That's what I am saying - having every woman in the movie like that is IMO a little dumb.

Maybe I just grew up in too conservative a setting and still harbor naive views about people's sex lives. But I guess having normal people wouldn't make for a very interesting noir, eh?  Wink

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15923 on: April 03, 2016, 02:26:27 AM »

Mad Men Season 1 - 9.5/10

Weiner perfectly understands that TV should be all about the minutiae. You know you have a winner when this show couldn't work better as a feature narrative. My only knock, and it's a small one, is that I was expecting music to play a larger role, but I assume Weiner didn't want people to view Mad Men as some nostalgia ride or something. It couldn't be any further from that.

I'm sure most of you guys have seen this show but for those who haven't I couldn't recommend this any more. I'm a couple episodes into season 2 and it's somehow better.

Yes it is. Only the 6th season is a bit weaker, offers a bit more routine instead inspiration. I'm just watching the 7th season, and try to stretch it over the whole year (but I have already watched half of it), cause it is very sad that it ends, and it is sad not to follow the protagonists over another decade as they get older and dumber and so on.

stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15924 on: April 03, 2016, 02:29:44 AM »

Don't forget how every woman in the movie - young, old, and everywhere in between - basically walks up to the guy and spreads their legs and says PLEASE FUCK ME. Seems like a boy's fantasy, but had me rolling my eyes throughout. Is there a single female character whose goal in life isn't to fuck the detective?

An eye rolling drink mostly indicates an interesting and deeply realistic movie. So now it is settled, Night Moves is a great film devoid of cliches, apart from the noir stuff, without which it couldn't be a comment on noirs.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #15925 on: April 03, 2016, 05:24:05 AM »

The ALL part. That's what I'm saying. Some women are sexually frustrated/deviant. That's fine. But not ALL. That's what I am saying - having every woman in the movie like that is IMO a little dumb.

Maybe I just grew up in too conservative a setting and still harbor naive views about people's sex lives. But I guess having normal people wouldn't make for a very interesting noir, eh?  Wink

No it probably wouldn't, lol, did you ever know anyone who ever hired a private detective?

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #15926 on: April 03, 2016, 06:09:55 AM »

Yes it is. Only the 6th season is a bit weaker, offers a bit more routine instead inspiration. I'm just watching the 7th season, and try to stretch it over the whole year (but I have already watched half of it), cause it is very sad that it ends, and it is sad not to follow the protagonists over another decade as they get older and dumber and so on.
Funny. I was just going say that it becomes better and better, the sixth season being the pinnacle (and the 7th a good but lesser season). When I watched the 6th season, I remember thinking that it must be one of the best existentialist works in the history of moving images.

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #15927 on: April 03, 2016, 06:35:02 AM »

The Fortune (1975) Director Mike Nichols stars Stockard Channing, Jack Nicholson, Warren Beatty

The Mann-Act (disallowing women to be transported across State lines for immoral reasons) brings a married man (Beatty) to devise a scheme for taking his upper-class girlfriend (Channing) an heiress, away with him... he simply has her marry his unmarried buddy (Nicholson).

They move to California and it doesn't take long for Nicholson to lust for the her and he soon consummates his "marriage" to her for real, while Beatty is out working as a car salesman.

A fight follows during which she comes to realize the two men are really only after her money, so she threatens to give it all away to charity. That is the catalyst for the plan to do away with her. These two incompetents plan out another scheme so that they can get her fortune. The ridiculous shenanigans they go through trying to accomplish this is very amusing.

A possible future classic. I caught it on Movies! TV so it was somewhat censored and with commercials, will have to get a better copy, a 7/10 it may go up or stay at that.

stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15928 on: April 03, 2016, 06:45:08 AM »

Funny. I was just going say that it becomes better and better, the sixth season being the pinnacle (and the 7th a good but lesser season). When I watched the 6th season, I remember thinking that it must be one of the best existentialist works in the history of moving images.

Interesting, but in that case the 6th season was repeatedly called weaker compared to the predecessors, which still takes it above most other series.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15929 on: April 03, 2016, 08:41:06 AM »

Falling Down[/b - 7.5/10 - Michael Douglas loses his job and goes nuts. Sort of a modern Taxi Driver without the subtlety, but fairly entertaining.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Pages: 1 ... 1060 1061 [1062] 1063 1064 ... 1170 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM