Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2017, 01:45:02 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 1100 1101 [1102] 1103 1104 ... 1162 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1770635 times)
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #16515 on: November 30, 2016, 01:56:23 PM »

A Most Violent Year (2014) - 4/5

Solid movie with hollow characters.

Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #16516 on: December 02, 2016, 01:54:27 PM »

The Equalizer (2014) - 2/5

Taking of Pelham 123 (2009) - 3/5

A restrained Tony Scott compared to his previous effort (Deja Vu) and having not seen the original, it was enjoyable.

Killer Elite (2011)- 3/5

Enjoyable and forgettable.

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #16517 on: December 02, 2016, 04:40:38 PM »

Loving - 7/10
Nichols still manages to continues his rise as the best director of his generation with (maybe) my least favorable of his movies. It's his least flawed but most conventional - yet still has so many constraints on the cliches that could have been. It feels in tune with the style of his other 4 movies but with a story that would scream Oscar bait under the hands of most other filmmakers. Really, it just loses points because it can be pretty fucking boring. If anyones seen it - I love Michael Shannon's scene. one of my favorites of he / Nichols' career, and not just because of Shannon's character.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #16518 on: December 04, 2016, 11:05:19 AM »

The Royal Hunt of the Sun (1969) - 6/10

I kinda liked it, but there's really too much talk despite the performances. Whatever happened to Nigel Davenport later, in the 80s and so on?

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #16519 on: December 04, 2016, 06:52:23 PM »

In A Lonely Place - 5/5

Need to re-watch it again to see if the rating is just a quick reaction to the film or an actual decree of what I believe it is.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #16520 on: December 04, 2016, 07:32:35 PM »

In A Lonely Place - 5/5

Need to re-watch it again to see if the rating is just a quick reaction to the film or an actual decree of what I believe it is.

IMO, that is a bit high.

The first time I saw it, I gave it a 9/10 (which, if you use an out-of-five rating, I guess would be a 4.5.) I recently gave it a second viewing, and I'd drop my rating to an 8/10, or 4/5. (Anyway, everyone here uses the out-of-ten rating, so what the hell, I use that, too.

In other words, IMO this is a very good movie but not great.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #16521 on: December 06, 2016, 10:03:23 AM »

Just spent 13 hours on a plane. Watched a lot of crap.

The Mummy (1999) 4/10. Really annoying CGI. Brendan who?

Suicide Squad (2016) 5/10. Escape From New York meets Ghostbusters. But where are the laughs?

The Bourne Tedium (2016) 3/10. Jason Bourne needs some info, and the only way to get it is by meeting someone in a very public place. Why must it be a very public place? Because then a rival shooter can also go there and try to take Bourne out. That in turn leads to a chase that never ends. Later Bourne needs some more info, and the only way to get it is by meeting someone in a very public place. Great, the shooter can come along too. No one in this flick has ever heard of drop boxes? Later Bourne needs to stop something bad from happening, and the only way to do it is to take on the rival shooter in a very public place. At the end there is the threat that there may be more Bourne movies ahead. The horror, the horror! Meanwhile, Bourne, Tommy Lee Jones, Alicia Vikander, Vincent Cassel get very nice paychecks.

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #16522 on: December 06, 2016, 01:11:09 PM »

Manchester by the Sea (2016) 7/10

Saw this movie at the AMC Loews Kips bay, on 2nd & 31st. Paid $16.99, the seats were recliners!

After the movie, on the way back to the Nubian Princess's apartment, she kicked me off the train and told me to go home. I guess that's that. FOR ONCE, no subtlety  Afro

« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 03:34:24 AM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #16523 on: December 06, 2016, 06:24:35 PM »

Manchester by the Sea (2016) 7/10

Saw this movie at teh AMC Loews Kips bay, on 2nd & 31st. Paid $16.99, the seats were recliners!

After the movie, on the way back to the Nubian Princess's apartment, she kicked me off the train and told me to go home. I guess that's that. FOR ONCE, no subtlety  Afro

Well, I was certain that the next time I heard  from this babe, it would be her telling me to get my crap out of her apartment. But she actually just texted me this: "I'm  sorry about how things went yesterday. It was best to call it a night."

This must be the first time things have actually turned out better than I imagined they would. And probably the first (semi-) apology I have ever gotten from a girl  Grin

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #16524 on: December 07, 2016, 04:35:57 AM »

Narrow Margin (1990) ridiculous remake of the classic film noir starring Gene Hackman and Anne Archer with spectacular wastes of J.T. Walsh and M. Emmet Walsh, and implausible and predictable train action sequences too boot, that adds roughly, about a half hour of runtime. Give me a break. 5/10

« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 02:13:44 PM by cigar joe » Logged

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16525 on: December 07, 2016, 10:55:02 AM »

Well, I was certain that the next time I heard  from this babe, it would be her telling me to get my crap out of her apartment. But she actually just texted me this: "I'm  sorry about how things went yesterday. It was best to call it a night."

This must be the first time things have actually turned out better than I imagined they would. And probably the first (semi-) apology I have ever gotten from a girl  Grin

What the hell did you do to her at the movie theater?

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #16526 on: December 07, 2016, 12:03:07 PM »

Moby Dick (1956) 5/10 Not a film about Drink's love life. Instead, a dull whaling picture with a dull color scheme. Orson Welles' cameo is kinda fun. Dude sure liked to ponce around in those phony noses, what?

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #16527 on: December 07, 2016, 05:30:58 PM »

What the hell did you do to her at the movie theater?

Nothing at all. Things have not been great between us for a while. Maybe cuz I have a healthy libido and she's a prude  Evil

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16528 on: December 08, 2016, 01:55:00 AM »

The Arrival was just released here.  I'll find a way to see it before the end of the weekend, no matter what.

Home Alone 7/10
I usually watch Home Alone 2 around Christmas since it's the better one but changing habits is always a good thing. I feel like an adventurer now.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #16529 on: December 08, 2016, 10:04:04 PM »

Straight Time (1978)  Two time loser Dustin Hoffman tries to go straight but a douce parole officer brings him to a tipping point and he breaks bad. 7/10

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Pages: 1 ... 1100 1101 [1102] 1103 1104 ... 1162 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM