Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 06:16:42 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 1120 1121 [1122] 1123 1124 ... 1161 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1759988 times)
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #16815 on: February 26, 2017, 12:59:19 PM »

Me "duplicitous"? Tongue
You question duplicitous, but you're OK with tyrant? Li'l Duce, you're too much!

That's what you get, Drink, for lying in the middle of the road.
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #16816 on: February 26, 2017, 03:46:04 PM »

You question duplicitous, but you're OK with tyrant? Li'l Duce, you're too much!

Well,  a neat "tyrant" is sure an improvement on that diminutive "Li'l" Duce.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #16817 on: February 27, 2017, 10:05:00 AM »

Bomber (1982) - 6/10

Hahaha, a blast from the good old times when you could re-hash your own material so blatantly it was cute. Poor man's Lo chiamavano Bulldozer, with the same crew! Cool

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #16818 on: February 28, 2017, 06:49:24 AM »

Cover Girl (1944) - 7/10. What this musical hasn't got: memorable songs or a memorable plot. What it has got: Lovely Rita, and in Technicolor. But Rita is more than a pretty head of hair: she can dance! In fact, well enough to keep up with Gene Kelly. Kelly's kinda on a leash, though. He's not allowed to do anything that will eclipse Ms. Hayworth. He does get the one impressive number where--after the girl leaves--he dances with his doppelganger. Code for masturbation?

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #16819 on: February 28, 2017, 07:01:09 PM »

Mogambo (1953) 7/10

Good fun, nice seeing the jubgle animals.

Plenty of flaws: The sexual stuff with Grace Kelly seems contrived. And there is some poor color-matching of some shots, like with the gorilla hunt. And the rear-projections take the danger out of it -  you know that they are not actually anywhere near the boat in the river full of hippos, but bobbing up and down in a studio in Hollywood in front of a screen.

But a decent watch.

Saw this on TCM,  part of the annual 31 Days of Oscar, which, sadly, is almost over.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Jessica Rabbit
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #16820 on: February 28, 2017, 07:45:37 PM »

About Mogambo, did you ever see Red Dust, D&D? If not, check it out. It's the better movie of the two.

Jessica Rabbit
"I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way."
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #16821 on: February 28, 2017, 11:17:13 PM »

About Mogambo, did you ever see Red Dust, D&D? If not, check it out. It's the better movie of the two.

Thanks. Never heard of it before

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #16822 on: March 01, 2017, 12:43:11 AM »

Running on Empty (1988) 8.5/10

This movie was recently playing on TCM, part of the 31 Days of Oscar. I caught about half of it. Which means I have now seen it 1.5 times  Smiley

What a terrific movie! The story is just great. It was Oscar-nominated for Best Original Screenplay (Naomi Foner) and Best Supporting Actor (River Phoenix). Screenplay won a Golden Globe. What a great story!

DJ won't be able to enjoy this cuz he'll say it's a bunch of Commie propaganda inspired by the couple (Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn) that gave Barack Hussein Obama his start in politics. DJ would be absolutely correct. But you gotta forget the politics and enjoy the movie. Forget the crimes they committes and just accept the premise of the movie of a fugitive family.  Terrific movie, very well-acted all around.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #16823 on: March 01, 2017, 07:53:07 AM »

Before Sunrise (1995) - 7/10. A peripatetic 20-something American meets a young French woman on a train; they alight and walk around Vienna for 12 hours. At times the pair seem to be in a Rohmer film; at other times, pinball and rock music signal a Wenders experience. None of the chat rises to the level of interesting (anybody note the initials of the title are B.S?) and Ethan Hawke is non-entity. Julie Delpy at 23, however . . .

This was my first time to watch the film. It is part of the new boxset (the Before Trilogy!) just issued by Criterion. After finishing the film I realized I'd made a mistake. Probably the best way to view the movies is in reverse order. I should have started with Before Midnight, then moved on to Before Sunset, before finishing up with Before Sunrise. (Yes, I have seen Pinter's Betrayal.) I may be able to rescue the program yet: Tonight I will watch BM and then start the flashbacks; when I get to Before Sunrise I'll watch it a second time. This approach has an added benefit: Julie Delpy will keep getting more beautiful as the films go along.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16824 on: March 01, 2017, 10:04:34 AM »

You're a sick fuck Fink.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #16825 on: March 01, 2017, 12:16:17 PM »

Aaaaaand . . . loving it!  Afro

Moorman
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #16826 on: March 01, 2017, 07:00:41 PM »

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. 1945.  A masterpiece.  The script. The acting. The cinematography.  The music.  Hollywood does not make movies like this anymore.  A story about a poor Brooklyn family and the complex and riveting moral issues that the family endures.  You HAVE to see this movie.  I rate this a 9 out of 10...

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #16827 on: March 02, 2017, 04:14:05 AM »

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. 1945.  A masterpiece.  The script. The acting. The cinematography.  The music.  Hollywood does not make movies like this anymore.  A story about a poor Brooklyn family and the complex and riveting moral issues that the family endures.  You HAVE to see this movie.  I rate this a 9 out of 10...

Agree it's good.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #16828 on: March 02, 2017, 05:43:57 AM »

Yup.

Before Midnight (2013) - 6/10. A couple on vacation in Greece with their twin girls park the girls for an evening with friends while they go out to a hotel for a romantic evening alone. They spend the time bickering instead. Uh, so what? Why should we even care about these people? OK, some of the give and take has a vague resemblance to true male-female interaction, but a lot of the kvetching feels forced. At one point a character opens a bottle of wine and pours two glasses. The couple take up the glasses and are about to imbibe. They never drink the wine! They'd much rather argue. OK, I can see how you'd be emotional and be unable to give up on a particular complaint, but in the real world where I live it's easy to complain and sip vino at the same time. But no, if they'd started drinking they would have mellowed and there wouldn't be any argument anymore. No argument, no movie. So there's not much here. We do get to see Julie Delpy's tits, though.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #16829 on: March 03, 2017, 06:08:13 AM »

Before Sunset (2004) - 8/10. This prequel to Before Midnight gets a lot of things right. The decision to film everything as if it were in real time--the 90 minute film is essentially one continuous conversation lasting an hour-and-a-half--was inspired. And even though the setting is Paris--a Paris through which the characters are constantly moving--never once are we shown that abomination known as the tour Eiffel. Finally, the charming Ms. Delpy is made even more winning by having her sing and then dance at the end. And for those following the Reverse Chronology scheme, our knowledge of how the characters will develop by the time of Before Midnight makes the exhibition of their earlier selves pleasingly ironic.

Pages: 1 ... 1120 1121 [1122] 1123 1124 ... 1161 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM