Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 02:32:00 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 1127 1128 [1129] 1130 1131 ... 1161 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1759741 times)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #16920 on: March 29, 2017, 09:28:55 PM »

You give this a 7/10 and every two-bit piece of crap with Dutch angles gets a 10/10? Bullmotherfuckingshit!

That's right, the story is pretty pedestrian, it get's a 7/10 it toto.  Now if it had more Dutch Angles and Shadows...... Azn

« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 09:33:00 PM by cigar joe » Logged

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #16921 on: March 29, 2017, 09:46:22 PM »

You give this a 7/10 and every two-bit piece of crap with Dutch angles gets a 10/10? Bullmotherfuckingshit!

Grin Grin Grin

XhcnoirX
Gunslinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16922 on: March 30, 2017, 03:13:21 AM »

Rise of the Footsoldier (2007): British crime flic/bio-pic about the rise of Carlton Leach from a hooligan to a bouncer to a career criminal, ending with murder of 3 of his associates, the so-called Rettendon murders, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rettendon_murders. Extremely violent, ugly & graphic movie (I guess it could be called exploitation?), but it doesn't try to glamorize or make any of the characters sympathetic. 7/10

Saw it years ago, but watched the 'Extreme Extended Edition' blu-ray this time round (which also has an interview with the real Carlton Leach).

'I feel all dead inside. I'm backed up in a dark corner and I don't know who's hitting me.' - The Dark Corner (1946)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #16923 on: March 30, 2017, 04:01:30 AM »

Grin Grin Grin

Agreeing with drinkanddestroy is not a good thing,  Grin Grin Grin Grin

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #16924 on: March 30, 2017, 04:31:39 AM »

Agreeing with drinkanddestroy is not a good thing,  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Is drink who's agreeing with me, man. You know I've been telling you as much and more well before his today's amazed observation. And anyway that movie is about 8 and 9/10, just as the novel.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #16925 on: March 30, 2017, 04:37:54 AM »

Is drink who's agreeing with me, man. You know I've been telling you as much and more well before his today's amazed observation. And anyway that movie is about 8 and 9/10, just as the novel.

Exactly why I'm  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin, you're both touched in the head, the movie could have lost the whole bank robbery angle or greatly diminished it and given way more time to Mitchum and the dives around South Boston, THAT would have bumped it up to an 8 or 9.

....and it's not an amazed observation it's a crazed observation.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 04:39:53 AM by cigar joe » Logged

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #16926 on: March 30, 2017, 04:42:56 AM »

The Iceman (2012) Michael Shannon plays a mob contract killer in this Noir biopic of Richard Kuklinski. 8/10

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #16927 on: March 30, 2017, 08:44:24 AM »

Is drink who's agreeing with me, man. You know I've been telling you as much and more well before his today's amazed observation.

Do you read the noir threads, man? I've been harrassing CJ for the past 5 years on giving every crappy noir a 10/10. This is just the first time I've done it from the opposite angle, harrassing him for giving an actual good movie a too-low rating  Evil

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #16928 on: March 30, 2017, 09:14:24 AM »

And while we're on the subject of Gripes Against CJ, listing The Long Goodbye as a Dave Grusin credit is highly misleading, as he didn't write anything for the John Williams score, he was just a performer on it.

That's what you get, Drink, for lying in the middle of the road.
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #16929 on: March 30, 2017, 01:28:42 PM »

Do you read the noir threads, man? I've been harrassing CJ for the past 5 years on giving every crappy noir a 10/10. This is just the first time I've done it from the opposite angle, harrassing him for giving an actual good movie a too-low rating  Evil

You've been harassing him for his noir (or presumed such) ratings. I've been bashing him for labeling noir (and consequently high-rating them) what is not noir but he likes labeling as such just because it has some "dutch angle" and such trifles.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #16930 on: March 30, 2017, 03:35:49 PM »

Noir is in the eye of the beholder, I don't give a rats ass of your opinions.  Grin

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #16931 on: March 30, 2017, 03:37:29 PM »

And while we're on the subject of Gripes Against CJ, listing The Long Goodbye as a Dave Grusin credit is highly misleading, as he didn't write anything for the John Williams score, he was just a performer on it.

True, he was just a performer, fixed.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #16932 on: March 30, 2017, 03:43:16 PM »

Noir is in the eye of the beholder, I don't give a rats ass of your opinions.  Grin

You and the rat (and the ass) ought to go to an optometrist.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #16933 on: March 30, 2017, 03:47:39 PM »

You and the rat (and the ass) ought to go to an optometrist.

The film could lose most of the bank robbery sequences, and added more Mitchum, more Boston and it would have been better film. The cinematography was nothing special. I've never been that impressed with it. That's my opinion, live with it.  Wink

« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 05:36:20 PM by cigar joe » Logged

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #16934 on: March 30, 2017, 06:22:11 PM »

The film could lose most of the bank robbery sequences, and added more Mitchum, more Boston and it would have been better film. The cinematography was nothing special. I've never been that impressed with it. That's my opinion, live with it.  Wink

I saw the movie, two, three times in the '80's, so I can't discuss it fairly. But my old impressions of movies are usually confirmed decades later. Great novel too: read it.

Pages: 1 ... 1127 1128 [1129] 1130 1131 ... 1161 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM