Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 11:38:41 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 1135 1136 [1137] 1138 1139 ... 1162 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1770461 times)
XhcnoirX
Gunslinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17040 on: April 24, 2017, 12:18:23 PM »

Xh, I could have looked there myself, couldn't I?  Embarrassed I usually do.

You could have, but a real lady let's the men do the work for her  Wink

Have you seen Perfect Friday (1970) btw? It's a fun little caper, with Baker as a deputy bank manager(!).

'I feel all dead inside. I'm backed up in a dark corner and I don't know who's hitting me.' - The Dark Corner (1946)
Jessica Rabbit
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #17041 on: April 24, 2017, 12:26:24 PM »

A lady maybe wouldn't, but a dame certainly does.  Smiley

Edit: No, I haven't seen Perfect Friday yet.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 07:32:05 PM by Jessica Rabbit » Logged

Jessica Rabbit
"I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way."
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #17042 on: April 24, 2017, 02:52:07 PM »

Note for drinkanddestroys it's bush free (mostly T&A) so you won't have to deal with your own neurosis.  Roll Eyes

There are "A" bushes, too, if a woman doesn't wax there.

p.s. Believe it or not, there can be "T" bushes, too. The Irish girl I met on the night of the Super Bowl 3 years ago, pretty girl, but there was no way for me to know, until it was too late, that she had hair on her nipples. (Yes, she was a girl.) There was also no way for me to know, until it was too late, that her BJ's were painful. Painful.

I'm still traumatized  Cry

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
XhcnoirX
Gunslinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17043 on: April 25, 2017, 05:31:10 AM »

Hell On Frisco Bay (1955): Ex-cop Alan Ladd is released after serving a 5-year stretch for a frame. He wants revenge and starts asking questions around the San Francisco docks, which are owned by mobster Edward G. Robinson. Good color noir but could've (should've) been better given all the talent in front of and behind the camera (also has Paul Stewart, William Demarest, Rod Taylor in an early role, director Frank Tuttle, DoP John F. Seitz, ...). 7/10

I found this online some time ago (on rarefilmm I believe), the source was taken from a TV broadcast, which removed the sides from the original CinemaScope version, as well as introduces some obvious dissolves to commercials. Hopefully at some point the original version will surface.

'I feel all dead inside. I'm backed up in a dark corner and I don't know who's hitting me.' - The Dark Corner (1946)
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #17044 on: April 25, 2017, 05:38:17 AM »

There was also no way for me to know, until it was too late, that her BJ's were painful. Painful.

I'm still traumatized  Cry
Always get them to remove their dentures first.  Wink

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #17045 on: April 25, 2017, 07:14:05 AM »

Always get them to remove their dentures first.  Wink

Her hand jobs were painful, too. Should I have removed her hands first?

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #17046 on: April 25, 2017, 11:46:16 AM »

Maybe have her use a callus remover?  Cheesy

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
XhcnoirX
Gunslinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17047 on: April 25, 2017, 04:01:45 PM »

Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid (1982): Hilarious homage to classic 40s noir (as well as other classics, I hadn't noticed the nod to 'Now, Voyager' until this rewatch for instance, I'm sure I'll pick up on more a next time), using clevery edited clips from movies like 'This Gun For Hire', 'Sorry, Wrong Number', 'The Killers' and many more. 8/10

The recently released UK blu-ray has great picture quality (Rachel Ward looks sensational in HD), also for the old clips. Only a trailer as extra tho, bummer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixAyGhUgr0E

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #17048 on: April 25, 2017, 04:19:50 PM »

Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid (1982): Hilarious homage to classic 40s noir (as well as other classics, I hadn't noticed the nod to 'Now, Voyager' until this rewatch for instance, I'm sure I'll pick up on more a next time), using clevery edited clips from movies like 'This Gun For Hire', 'Sorry, Wrong Number', 'The Killers' and many more. 8/10

The recently released UK blu-ray has great picture quality (Rachel Ward looks sensational in HD), also for the old clips. Only a trailer as extra tho, bummer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixAyGhUgr0E

Have you seen Pennies From Heaven, it's got some nice shots and homages Edward Hopper.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
XhcnoirX
Gunslinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17049 on: April 26, 2017, 01:17:38 AM »

Have you seen Pennies From Heaven, it's got some nice shots and homages Edward Hopper.

Nope. Will add it to the list, thanks!

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #17050 on: April 26, 2017, 04:26:46 AM »

Nope. Will add it to the list, thanks!

Be forewarned, it's a musical but a very dark and noir-ish one.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
XhcnoirX
Gunslinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17051 on: April 26, 2017, 05:17:55 AM »

Be forewarned, it's a musical but a very dark and noir-ish one.

The worst that can happen (for my neighbors) is if I end up singing along. Otherwise, there is always the 'mute' button  Smiley

stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #17052 on: April 26, 2017, 05:44:40 AM »

The worst that can happen (for my neighbors) is if I end up singing along. Otherwise, there is always the 'mute' button  Smiley

Your neighbors can switch you to mute? Wink

XhcnoirX
Gunslinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17053 on: April 26, 2017, 05:51:54 AM »

Your neighbors can switch you to mute? Wink

Grin

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #17054 on: April 28, 2017, 04:52:00 AM »

ACTION IN THE NORTH ATLANTIC (1943) 7/10

A movie about the Merchant Marine during World War II
An American tanker - with Captain Raymond Massey and First Mate Humphrey Bogart) is sunk by a German submarine; the survivors spend 11 days on a raft before they are rescued and receive a hero's welcome in New York. Till this point, the movie is pretty crappy; I even thought about turning it off. But then, the crew ships out again as part of a convoy of Allied ships, through U-boat-infested waters of the North Atlantic - and this becomes a good movie. The Massey/Bogart boat is eventually separated from the convoy, and has to match wits against a German submarine.

Pages: 1 ... 1135 1136 [1137] 1138 1139 ... 1162 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM