Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 05:08:45 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 1153 1154 [1155] 1156 1157 ... 1170 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1841491 times)
Jessica Rabbit
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #17310 on: August 30, 2017, 09:11:37 AM »

I finally managed to track down The Guilty and for a bottom of the barrel cheapo B it's great. In general I'd say if a movie is based on a Cornell Woolrich story it can't be all that bad.

Port of Forty Thieves is fun too. A little gem.

Jessica Rabbit
"I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way."
XhcnoirX
Gunslinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17311 on: August 30, 2017, 11:11:32 AM »

Watching B movies is a roll of the dice as there are more bad ones that good ones.

Rolling them dice is a large part of the fun tho Smiley

'I feel all dead inside. I'm backed up in a dark corner and I don't know who's hitting me.' - The Dark Corner (1946)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #17312 on: August 30, 2017, 05:58:24 PM »

Rolling them dice is a large part of the fun tho Smiley

But there are a few WTF stinkers always in the mix. I always buy them used so as not to be out too much if they are.  Cool

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Jessica Rabbit
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #17313 on: August 30, 2017, 06:33:12 PM »

But there are a few WTF stinkers always in the mix.
Yes, there are. But oh what joy if we stumble on a forgotten gem.  Smiley

Jessica Rabbit
XhcnoirX
Gunslinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17314 on: August 31, 2017, 03:47:16 PM »

Yes, there are. But oh what joy if we stumble on a forgotten gem.  Smiley

Exactly, no pain no gain  Wink

Anyways... Back on track.

They Live (1988): Fun mix between a low-budget lone man ('Rowdy' Roddy Piper) against an alien invasion action-flic and more than a little bit of social commentary by director John Carpenter. 7+/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1TcnQxV4BE  Afro

'I feel all dead inside. I'm backed up in a dark corner and I don't know who's hitting me.' - The Dark Corner (1946)
Jessica Rabbit
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #17315 on: September 01, 2017, 05:46:40 PM »

Xh, tracked down The Blue Lamp, thanks for the recommendation. I wasn't quite in love with it as much as you are, but it was good. Two problem with the movie: as you say the cops were portrayed way too nicely, more like Victorian Bobbies, and the gangster moll was incredibly hysterical.

But as always the outside photography was great. Loved the grubby little children playing in the rubble. Can you imagine today's helicopter parents dealing with that?

Jessica Rabbit
XhcnoirX
Gunslinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17316 on: September 02, 2017, 04:20:17 AM »

Xh, tracked down The Blue Lamp, thanks for the recommendation. I wasn't quite in love with it as much as you are, but it was good. Two problem with the movie: as you say the cops were portrayed way too nicely, more like Victorian Bobbies, and the gangster moll was incredibly hysterical.

But as always the outside photography was great. Loved the grubby little children playing in the rubble. Can you imagine today's helicopter parents dealing with that?

Hahaha, those little brats were great Grin I guess I didn't mind the problems, which I agree with, as much as you did.

XhcnoirX
Gunslinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17317 on: September 05, 2017, 01:27:50 AM »

The Night Won't Talk (1952): An artist's model is murdered, and the police have plenty of suspects to work with. Routine low-budget murder mystery that is elevated slightly by the graceful Hy Hazell as one of the model's artists and John Bailey as an artist who gets blackouts when under pressure. 6-/10

Saw this on the Network UK DVD. Good picture/audio quality as usual, but this one's only worth it for the diehards.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #17318 on: September 06, 2017, 01:10:40 AM »

Headhunters aka Hodejegerne in Norweigian (2011) 7/10

SynnÝve Macody Lund is SMOKING hot.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #17319 on: September 06, 2017, 08:53:56 AM »

If you wanna [MV] Perfume (2017) - 10/10. The hardest working girls in showbiz are back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFc9PZrroOk

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
XhcnoirX
Gunslinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17320 on: September 07, 2017, 03:02:24 PM »

Do You Know This Voice? (1964): Isa Miranda semi-witnessed the kidnapper/killer of a young boy leave a phone booth, and offers to serve as bait to flush out the perp. Who happens to be her friendly next door neighbor Dan Duryea! Enjoyable, if not very surprising, noir-ish thriller and Duryea is good as always. 7/10

Watched this on the Network UK DVD. Good picture quality, but no extras, not even the usual pressbook/image gallery.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #17321 on: September 10, 2017, 01:14:56 AM »

1. Journey for Margaret (1942) 6/10

---

2. To Each His Own (1946) 7/10

---

3. The Night of the Iguana (1964) 8/10

Ava Gardner is very good; Richard Burton is great.

Mild spoilers ahead:

Movie drops off at the end: The final night, the chit-chat between Burton (on the hammock) and Deborah Kerr is dumb; the final line by Gardner, "I'll always get you back up" is dumb. Otherwise this is a very enjoyable movie.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 01:52:31 AM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
XhcnoirX
Gunslinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17322 on: September 10, 2017, 03:38:24 PM »

The Cobra Strikes (1948): Reporter Richard Fraser tries to find out why several men, who all knew each other, end up murdered by poison.One of the suspects is Leslie Brooks, the femme fatale from a better known B-noir, 'Blonde Ice'. Forgettable movie, but it uses misdirection quite decently. 6-/10

Found this online some time ago, in terrible quality, but I can't find it anymore. Maybe a good thing, I doubt this will be anybody's new fave movie.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #17323 on: September 10, 2017, 06:51:55 PM »

3. The Night of the Iguana (1964) 8/10

Ava Gardner is very good; Richard Burton is great.

Mild spoilers ahead:

Movie drops off at the end: The final night, the chit-chat between Burton (on the hammock) and Deborah Kerr is dumb; the final line by Gardner, "I'll always get you back up" is dumb. Otherwise this is a very enjoyable movie.

Good thing there's a reviewer on this board worthy of this film: http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=6698.0 (scroll down)

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
XhcnoirX
Gunslinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17324 on: September 13, 2017, 02:36:26 AM »

Shot Caller (2017): Bleak, raw, intense and grim movie about a guy who does time after accidentally killing his best friend while driving intoxicated, and ends up with a prison gang forcing him to a life of major crime outside the walls. Best movie of 2017 for me so far. 9/10

Pages: 1 ... 1153 1154 [1155] 1156 1157 ... 1170 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM