Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2019, 09:26:59 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
0 and 11 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 1245 1246 [1247]
: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  ( 2839973 )
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #18690 : December 02, 2019, 08:10:56 AM »

Have you seen Parasite (2019)? That one has received high accolades, including the Palme d'Or.
A sure indication I will hate it.

Ya measly skunk! A-campin’ on my trail and lettin’ me do the work an’ then shootin’ me in the back. IN THE BACK!
stanton
Bounty Killer

« #18691 : December 02, 2019, 09:52:05 AM »

Korean films ... the revenge trilogy from Park Chan-wook is excellent. OldBoy and Sympathy for Mrs Vengeance are masterpieces, and belong easily to the best films of the new millennium. Kim Jee-woon is another quite interesting director with films like Bittersweet Life and I saw the Devil.
Not to forget the long established Kim Ki-duk, his films are sometimes difficult but always challenging, and Bin Jip (Empty Houses) is real pleasure.

I think there is a lot to discover in Korean movies, and I enjoyed these new films Burning and Parasite,

T.H.
Bounty Killer

« #18692 : December 02, 2019, 01:30:43 PM »

The Brinks Job (1978) - A tonal mess that doesn't know if it wants to be a comedy or crime movie first. The plotting is messy and it's basically a pointless exercise. And what a waste of talent: Friedkin, Peter Falk, Peter Boyle, Warren Oates, Paul Sorvino, et al. And what's worse is that this is loosely based on the Great Brinks Robbery. Why make a joke out of such rich subject matter? And why does 1940s Boston look more like 1920s NYC? D+

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre..
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #18693 : December 03, 2019, 04:51:57 AM »

The Brinks Job (1978) - A tonal mess that doesn't know if it wants to be a comedy or crime movie first. The plotting is messy and it's basically a pointless exercise. And what a waste of talent: Friedkin, Peter Falk, Peter Boyle, Warren Oates, Paul Sorvino, et al. And what's worse is that this is loosely based on the Great Brinks Robbery. Why make a joke out of such rich subject matter? And why does 1940s Boston look more like 1920s NYC? D+

Word.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #18694 : December 04, 2019, 02:04:37 AM »

Mad Dog and Glory - 7/10
Terrible cinematography, editing and mise en scene that almost made me quit after 15min. The performances kept me watching, which is a good thing because there are terrific dialogues and scenes in it. The ending is a let down and they kind of missed the mark with that whole friendship thing but I'll watch it again several times.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #18695 : December 08, 2019, 08:25:55 AM »

Les Misérables (2019) 7/10
Pretty good movie (actually very good for a first feature) about the French "ghetto" of Montfermeuil. It's of course the direct descent from La Haine (1995), although its visual style is way less radical (but more impressive). It's at its best when it's just trying to show you what living in this place is like, and at its worst when the characters themselves try to tell you their analysis. Most of the acting is top notch.
By the way it's more or less a social thriller whith an actual plot, not just a glorified documentary.

Also, for those who don't know, Montfermeuil is where Victor Hugo wrote Les Miserables, and the film's numerous nodes to the book are very well done. Some are heavily highlighted (they talk about the book, and the film ends wih a direct quote), but they also use more subtle paraphrases.

« : December 08, 2019, 08:28:02 AM noodles_leone »

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #18696 : Yesterday at 12:57:34 PM »

1. What's Eating Gilbert Grape (1993) 8.5/10

2. Blue Jasmine (2013) 7/10

The story is highly similar to A Streetcar Named Desire.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
: 1 ... 1245 1246 [1247]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines