Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 08, 2022, 09:18:13 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 1359 1360 [1361]
: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  ( 4642708 )
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #20400 : August 02, 2022, 08:35:13 AM »

From TCM's greatest hits:

The Green Slime (1968) - 4/10. The only thing in this scarier than the titular monster is Robert Horton's hair. Here's a question, though: why settle for Robert Horton if you can get Doug McClure? And why take Doug McClure if you can have Christopher George? Was it a money issue? Oh well, the theme song is still funky. Richard Jaeckel spotted!

Walk Softly, Stranger (1950) - 7/10. This is pretty good until Paul Stewart shows up to finger Joe Cotten and Joe does absolutely nothing about it. Man, when Stewart shows, you can't think twice about it, you've got to immediately transform that creep into landfill. Of course, the filmmakers didn't want Cotten to be a murderer, that would spoil the weepy ending where Alida Valli in a wheelchair promises to wait for him. But still.

The Enchanted Cottage (1945) - 8/10. Kinda sweet. Hollywood's attempt to take their actors with movie-star looks and uglify them is always amusing.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #20401 : August 04, 2022, 02:44:19 PM »

Black Coal, Thin Ice (2014) - 6/10. An artsy-fartsy crime film, a police procedural where the police never follow procedures (and frequently die as a result), or Just One Damn Thing After Another: you decide.  Well, I do like looking at Gwei Lun-Mei (or, if you prefer, Lun-Mei Gwei), so I guess I'll be rewatching this. Hopefully, Diao Yinan's best work is still ahead of him.
Saw this on a Well Go USA blu, and the box lists a run time of 110 minutes. I've now just discovered, on PlutoTV, which, apparently, I can stream for free, a cut which lasts 136 minutes. WTF?

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #20402 : August 05, 2022, 01:27:52 AM »

Saw this on a Well Go USA blu, and the box lists a run time of 110 minutes. I've now just discovered, on PlutoTV, which, apparently, I can stream for free, a cut which lasts 136 minutes. WTF?

The cut I have seen is 109 minutes long.

Drive (Nicolas Winding Refn, 2011) - 8.5/10

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #20403 : Yesterday at 06:31:57 PM »

Elvis (2022) - 11/10. I hate Spaz Luhrmann, care nothing for Elvis Presley, and usually can't stand Tom Hanks, but I went to see this anyway . . . and it's a cinematic miracle.

: 1 ... 1359 1360 [1361]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines