Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 05:01:32 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Harmonica & Frank in a corrida
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Harmonica & Frank in a corrida  (Read 3449 times)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2004, 07:05:55 PM »

Just watched the DVD again today on a friends big screen TV and noticed Frank and Harmonica are in a corrida too, surprise, surprise.

Of course its a partial one but you can definitely make out the circle. Right after Cheyenne tells Jill to just make a man's pat on her ass as nothing when we cut back to Frank and Harmonica you can see the corrida made out of piled firewood and other things curving left to right towards the McBain House.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 05:59:39 AM »

Its more like a deconstructed corrida, possibly symbolising the passing of the ancient west as it crumbles into the future.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
KERMIT
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2004, 11:23:16 AM »

Shocked !!!

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2004, 04:38:29 PM »

The debris definitely curve in an arc,  left foreground towards the center screen surrounding Frank and Harmonica, an accident perhaps, but maybe a mystical affermation, an echo of what came before.

KERMIT
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2004, 10:40:52 PM »

The debris definitely curve in an arc,  left foreground towards the center screen surrounding Frank and Harmonica, an accident perhaps, but maybe a mystical affermation, an echo of what came before.
when did you first notice this cj ? i can't understand why your not getting  feedback on this one. when i spotted your post i went there. saw it. it's not untill leone pulls his camera back from crane shot that the forfront woodpillings appear makinging it a positive ID corrida.
plus, it's olny on the screen for about 3 seconds.

i've got the OUATITW corrida frozen on my screen now.
could someone else please share a thought about this ?

« Last Edit: January 07, 2004, 09:35:42 AM by KERMIT » Logged
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2004, 05:00:48 AM »

Well I just noticed it the first time on the big screen the other day, I'd previously watched the new DVD twice, once with the commentary and once without, but unless you have it on a big screen you may not notice it like you said Kermit it goes by fast.

Its great to have this on DVD!

"Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez"

ellisc
Chicken Thief

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2004, 10:25:48 AM »

what's a corrida?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2004, 05:07:49 PM »

In FFDM and GBU its the circular paved area where the last gunfights happen, I think it litteraly means bull ring, or arena, in FFDM its probably used as the towns common threshing area, in GBU its the center of a graveyard.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM