Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 04:51:33 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  About the 'car' in the background at the train station...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: About the 'car' in the background at the train station...  (Read 2913 times)
Calamity Jane
Gunslinger

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2008, 01:56:45 PM »

I watched GBU the other day on AMC - the version with the extra scenes included.  I kept a sharp eye out for 'the car' that was supposely visible in the background in the scene where Wallace and Tuco are waiting to board the train.  During that entire scene, I didn't see the car.   I also looked close during the scene where Tuco and Wallace are 'separated' by the train and Tuco hops back on the train.  Where is this car?   I know this may sound quite insignificant to the rest of the movie, but just wondering because, of all the times I've seen the movie, I didn't notice it once.  It appears someone has a VERY sharp eye to see it!   Wink

iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 04:52:42 PM »

The car is actually in the scene where Blondie and Tuco are attaching the dynamite to the bridge. It is relatively easy to see, just keep your eyes on the background...

ICE

ps  There is also a car in the background in FAFDM when Mortimer is talking to the passenger on the train.

pps   There is also a car in the background again  in FAFDM when Mortimer and Indio are having the shootout at the end

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
Calamity Jane
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 07:59:53 PM »

Well, it seems I was WAYYYY off when watching for that car, considering the dynamite scene is long after the scene with Wallace and Tuco at the train station - LOL!  Thank you for refreshing my memory!  I knew there was a car somewhere in the background, but couldn't remember what scene it was in - thanks again!   Wink

O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 08:11:11 PM »

I know that someone would scream heresy and condemn me to burn in the stake for what I am about to say; but I think that with today's technology, the cars and many other bloopers could be digitally erased from the movies. It is already being done (for example to erase the combustion gases from a jet plane in the sky acidentally caught by the camera while recording a movie that takes place before jet planes were invented), so why not with some of Leone's work?  Evil

Anyway, here is a link to some bloopers (videoclips included):

http://spaghettiwesterns.1g.fi/bloopers.htm

Calamity Jane
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 10:42:19 PM »

I think it would be a great idea to remove the bloopers from the movies.  After all, the setting in GBU was supposed to be the late 1800s (remembering the  year on Arch Stanton's grave marker - lol) - and there's cars driving in the background in some scenes - lol.

O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 11:12:51 PM »

Talking about bloopers, have you seen A Pistol for Ringo? At 16 minutes and 40 seconds into the movie, you can see at the top right of the screen a big truck moving on a highway for 5 full seconds while a posse organized by the sheriff is chasing a gang of Mexican baddies.  Priceless. Grin

« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 11:15:52 PM by Bandolero » Logged
Poggle
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 04:29:24 PM »

There's one in the graveyard scene as well Wink

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 07:48:24 PM »

Talking about bloopers, have you seen A Pistol for Ringo? At 16 minutes and 40 seconds into the movie, you can see at the top right of the screen a big truck moving on a highway for 5 full seconds while a posse organized by the sheriff is chasing a gang of Mexican baddies.  Priceless. Grin

Thanks for pointing this out Bandolero! Never noticed it before.
My copy has the highway appear at 16 min and 43 sec just as the Bandits begin to ride across the screen. Then the sheriff and his posse ride across the screen and you can see the highway more clearly at 16 min and 50 seconds.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Calamity Jane
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 08:16:01 PM »

I've never seen the movie, but I bet it's funny to see a truck going down the highway, considering the setting is supposed to be LONG before cars were even thought of - lol.  It does sound priceless - LOL.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM