Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 03:19:40 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Carnival of Souls (1962)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Carnival of Souls (1962)  (Read 2310 times)
Atlas2112
Bounty Killer

formerly Gay Patrick Stewart

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2008, 10:59:34 PM »

Anyone see this movie? can't say i cared for it much (just a bloated version of TZ's the Hitch Hiker me thinks), but I'm interested in seeing why so many people give it so much acclaim, or to see if im not alone in my distaste.

T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 11:14:14 PM »

I haven't seen CoS in quite some time but I enjoyed it. Great atmosphere and a nice off-kilter tone negates the predictable twist. The journey is much more interesting than the destination, I guess you could say.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 11:38:46 PM »

I really want to see this, I have it downloaded from The Public Domain. I've seen 4 or 5 Twilight Zone episodes, and The Hitch Hiker is one of the. I quite like it.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 07:50:33 PM »

Its one of my favorite films.

I saw it as a kid probably about 12 or 13, on late night TV probably in the mid 60's, one of those films that really creep-ed me out, the other was "The Crawling Eye"and I've never forgotten it.

So much was done with so little. Its like an expanded well made Twilight Zone Episode for those that haven't seen it, I've allways liked it for its subtel creepiness, its use of mostly armature actors and its bizarre use of rural Kansas and Saltaire rather than what was typical for horror films of the time.

Everybody should see this especially the recent pristine DVD release with the added scenes .  Afro

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 10:04:23 PM »

If it's one of CJ's favorite films and not a western then it must be pretty damn good to rise above those standards. Wink

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 01:46:47 PM »

The movie is good but it hasn't aged well.
Everything that wasn't cliche back then, is now.

CJ is right in saying it's an extended TZ episode.
Complete with an all too forseeable ending.
In fact, if you can't correctly guess the outcome by the first 2 minutes... you're an idiot. Cheesy

I was lucky enough to come across the two-disc criterion version at a blockbuster for $9.99.

Be sure to watch the uncut extended version.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
greenbudgie
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 05:50:21 AM »

When I first saw the scene of the ghost stalker suddenly appearing and looking through the car window it really sent chills up my spine. That doesn't happen very often so spine-tingling is an apt description of this movie for a lot of first time viewers.

I can understand why this is a cult classic. It is very atmospheric which perhaps a mainstream film could never ever recapture again.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM