Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 06:48:40 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Excalibur (1981)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Excalibur (1981)  (Read 1448 times)
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2008, 11:54:19 PM »

Follows the travels of the legendary sword Excalibur through Arthurian myth, from the violent, powerful hands of Uther Pendragon (Gabriel Byrne), to a long-years' rest in the stone to being redrawn by Uther's son Arthur (Nigel Terry), who uses it to defeat the evil invaders and establish the great court of Camelot and the great Knights of the Round Table.

Any fans of "Excalibur" here?

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 02:09:51 AM »

I remember watching this as a kid and enjoying it very much but I'd be afraid to watch it now; I probably wouldn't like it.

Isn't this the movie where Merlin wears a strange pot on his head? And where the sword rises from a lake? I can't remember much of the plot but certain scenes have stayed with me.

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
Whalestoe
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 07:28:18 AM »

I remember watching this as a kid and enjoying it very much but I'd be afraid to watch it now; I probably wouldn't like it.

Isn't this the movie where Merlin wears a strange pot on his head? And where the sword rises from a lake? I can't remember much of the plot but certain scenes have stayed with me.

Same here. I think it was on Sci Fi Channel one summer as a kid. King Arthur got with his sister in this movie, if I remember correctly.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 12:01:07 PM »

I haven't seen it in years myself. I used to like it growing up. I'm sure it hasn't aged very well but it's one of those films that has that nostalgia factor going for it for some of us.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM