Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 04:52:32 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  A remake of GBU: would you go see it if...
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A remake of GBU: would you go see it if...  (Read 5175 times)
sergios specs
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 08:05:58 AM »

dear jane , would elijah wood not be a tad too small to play tuco ? i mean he is only about 3 foot tall. i could envisage viggo mortensen playing blondie, you aint going to find an eastwood lookalike i don't think. there's nobody around matches clint. go on wikipedia to find out about isaacs and coltrane. or watch goldeneye. coltrane plays a former KGB agent named sokovsky. i think thats how it is spelled. good luck with your quest to recast the characters by the way lol

Calamity Jane
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2008, 01:54:46 PM »

Yes, I believe Elijah Wood is a tad too small/short to play the role (an oversight on my part, but wasn't sure about his height - thanks), but I think he'd make a great 'Tuco' if he was a bit taller and older.

Thanks for the info on Coltrane and Isaacs - I'll check 'em out on Wikipedia - Cheesy

Well, as far as recasting the movie, Sergio's shoes are certainly nearly impossible to fill, considering I wouldn't have the slightest clue as to who I would cast for ALL the roles, including those in the movie that only make brief appearances such as Maria, the drunk Captain, Tuco's brother, half-soldier, etc., but thanks nonetheless, for your best wishes.   It's just a 'what if' question.  Like I said, filling the shoes of Sergio Leone is practically impossible, considering he's chosen the best actors and actresses to play the roles in this movie as well as the 'Dollar' movies - can't top his mastery at casting -  Afro

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM