Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 02:32:33 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  JFK (1991)
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: JFK (1991)  (Read 4831 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2013, 04:57:55 PM »

Dwight MacDonald wrote a brilliant article on the findings of Warren Commission:

http://karws.gso.uri.edu/jfk/History/WC_Period/Reactions_to_Warren_Report/Reactions_of_left/Macdonald_critique_of_WCR.html 

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2013, 07:01:23 PM »

Dwight MacDonald wrote a brilliant article on the findings of Warren Commission:

http://karws.gso.uri.edu/jfk/History/WC_Period/Reactions_to_Warren_Report/Reactions_of_left/Macdonald_critique_of_WCR.html 

that is a long friggin' article.

can you sum it up in one paragraph?  Wink

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2013, 09:30:28 PM »

T.H., you have nothing to regret or apologize for. I, however, do. I was a jackass and should have either curbed my temper or ignored this thread entirely. I'm sorry.

Thanks, but I do definitely owe you an apology for mentioning the deleted post in the thread. I should have left it alone or PM'd you to clear the air. 

All is great in SLWBland as far as I'm concerned.  Afro

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2013, 05:52:04 PM »

Fox News Channel is having a show about the JFK assassination called "Fifty Years of Questions," tonight (Sat. Nov. 9) at 9 PM EST, and then showing again at midnight

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2016, 06:19:09 PM »

btw, (I may have mentioned this when discussing this movie in the RTLMYS thread), but my father actually knows a tape expert who was consulted after the assassination (an audio recording exists of the assassination cuz a cop in the motorcade accidentally had his radio stuck into the "on" position; and all transmissions over police radio were recorded. After hearing the tape (he was asked, I guess sort of to 'test' him, how far the gunshots were fired from the tape, and he nailed it precisely); and he said there is no doubt that the shots came from more than one place.

I just spoke to this guy tonight for the first time in my life.

This guy is an audiotape expert, hired by the 1978 House Select Committee on Assassinations to review the audio recording. He said he was 95% certain that there were four shots, the third (the fatal one, which you see exploding Kennedy's head on the Zapruder film) coming from the grassy knoll. (This guy was also consulted on the investigation into the Nixon Tapes.)

I begged this guy to let me do an on-the-record interview; but he has declined all media requests. He is a private guy. Happy to talk about his experiences with friends but doesn't want to do any public media interviews.

During his investigation, he put the audiotape on the Zapruder film, creating a soundtrack, showing how the Zapruder film matches perfectly with what he heard on the audiotape. Later, that soundtracked Zapruder film mysteriously disappeared from the FBI vault.

Anyway, he says that subsequent investigators  determined that he was wrong about the 95% chance - they said it was at least a 98% chance! I did not bother asking him about the movie. That's nutty. But no doubt, there was a shot from the grassy knoll.

And that bullet that killed Kennedy was never recovered.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 06:37:22 PM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2016, 11:56:36 AM »

http://nypost.com/2016/12/04/dorothy-kilgallens-tell-all-on-a-mafia-don-might-have-got-her-killed/

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2017, 05:35:38 PM »

U.S. releasing a bunch of new docs today on the JFK assassination, available here https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/2017-release

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM