Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 05, 2021, 06:44:03 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  On Broadway and Off
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 3 [4] 5
: On Broadway and Off  ( 15992 )
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #45 : March 20, 2016, 06:26:11 PM »

Frank Langella is coming back to Broadway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EktgSSqytB8&index=1&list=PLVEQenvARs7E28967yPXMipMDTK-nv5zv

I'm going this Thursday. Drink, I got a ticket for you too: show up before 8 and you're in!

I'm in. I have a whole new breakup story to tell you about ... apparently, I am not as clever with the femmes as I like to believe. But any crap ya go through is worth it if you have a good story to tell  ;)

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #46 : March 21, 2016, 05:04:40 AM »

Uh . . . couldn't we just discuss the Book of Esther instead?

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #47 : March 21, 2016, 07:18:14 AM »

Breakups are better stories than marriages  ;)

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #48 : March 21, 2016, 02:01:36 PM »

Not when the marriage includes large-scale executions and mob-style rub-outs.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #49 : March 21, 2016, 05:10:12 PM »

Not when the marriage includes large-scale executions and mob-style rub-outs.

The mob puts people in bottom of the river; they don't hang 'em high  ;)

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #50 : March 22, 2016, 09:12:08 PM »

Suddenly, I am scared to be alone with a guy who has that new signature

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #51 : March 23, 2016, 07:44:23 AM »

Huh? Whatever do you mean?

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #52 : March 24, 2016, 04:48:36 AM »

Drink, buddy, see you tonight for our date. This is gonna be fun. Frank Langella. Treading the boards. And declaiming! I don't know why, but I'm feeling it's gonna be WAY more interesting than, say, a Q&A with Spike Lee.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #53 : March 24, 2016, 12:08:20 PM »

Something tells me this'll cost more than $15.

We're going to a French steakhouse afterward. n_l, if you want REAL French steak, hop a plane and come along. I'm buying (the steak, not the plane ticket).

>:D >:D >:D

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #54 : March 25, 2016, 09:57:14 AM »

Well, I enjoyed the show--not sure about Drink. Langella and company were very good and the play is interesting. It's essentially a piece where the main character is slipping into senility and we see things from his point of view. Objective and subjective reality slide back and forth. It's sometimes difficult to be sure what is real and what is imagined or remembered, a confusion the audience shares with Langella's character. Confusion of time is also part of the equation. There's a running bit with the guy's watch--very Leoneine--which he keeps misplacing. Things are never so confusing that the audience loses the thread, though, and the final scene provides a bit of definite reality on which everything else can be anchored. In some ways this reminded me of Cronenberg's Spider. I hated Spider, though (just another puzzle film that, once unraveled, contains nothing of interest), and liked this a lot. I guess the difference has to do with the characters. I had zero sympathy for the lead in Spider, but the guy Langella plays interested me a lot.

Hey, Drink, did you notice Langella's toenails? Those feet put Godzilla's to shame! Scary.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #55 : March 25, 2016, 12:16:59 PM »

How many of you sonsabitches ever sat in row AA of a Broadway theater?

DJ, we may be getting too highbrow for these boards ........

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #56 : April 10, 2016, 08:17:06 AM »

I get a week of vacation . . . starting now. Which means I'll be going to Broadway this week for a matinee. I've already got my ticket. It's a production of Long Day's Journey Into Night with (drum roll, please) . . . Jessica Lange! . . . Gabriel Byrne!! . . . Michael Shannon!!! . . . and more!!!! Sorry, Drink, you can't go--it's in the middle of the work day. Also, it's a comedy [note to board: I know it's not really a comedy, I'm just telling him that].

Btw, Drink, I think opening night for The Father is later this week. Be sure to check for the reviews!

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #57 : April 10, 2016, 08:28:58 AM »

No night shows?

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #58 : April 10, 2016, 08:30:48 AM »

I gotta tell you about a new girl. She is Brazilian and tall with blonde hair and blue eyes and her name is Gisele  :)

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #59 : April 14, 2016, 09:16:19 AM »

I gotta tell you about a new girl. She is Brazilian and tall with blonde hair and blue eyes and her name is Gisele  :)
So now you think you're dating Gisele B√ľndchen? Man, that Dream Theory of yours is starting to take over your life!

: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines