Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 08:36:15 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Would you consider Blondie as a bandit of sorts?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would you consider Blondie as a bandit of sorts?  (Read 8252 times)
Calamity Jane
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 11:04:38 PM »

You're mistaken, Calamity Jane. One doesn't have to be frenzy in order to be cold blooded.

No, of course not, but a cold-blooded murderer kills people at random for no reason.   He doesn't go on a killing spree like your everyday murderer (i.e. Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, etc).   He kills, but for his own devious reasons.   He spares the lives of those that give him information, with the exception of Stevens, of course.   Stevens tried to kill AE first and AE reacted in the way that any sharp-shooter would that protects his own hide.  I'm not saying that AE isn't cold-blooded.  I'm just merely saying that there is a difference between the everyday, random cold-blooded killer and one who is paid to kill - that's all.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 11:06:03 PM by Calamity Jane » Logged
Calamity Jane
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2008, 11:06:36 PM »

There was a price on Tuco's head, that's why his life was spared.  Evil

Good point - that's true!

O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 11:34:06 PM »

Stevens tried to kill AE first and AE reacted in the way that any sharp-shooter would that protects his own hide.

I think that in the thread below we already discussed that this was not the case.

http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=7745.0

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2008, 01:45:06 AM »

AE is cold blooded killer that's for sure. He didn't have to kill Baker, it wasn't a matter of keeping a promise. You can see his face when he kills Baker. He's loving it!

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2008, 07:16:01 AM »

General common use definitions:

Hired Gun - a pistolero for hire, similar to Gunslinger, Gunsharp, Gunman, Gunny, Regulator.

Gunslinger - somebody very good & quick with a revolver.

Sharp Shooter - an accurate shot, more of a definition of an ability to shoot accurately not necessarily speed, usually more in line with what is more commonly referred to as a sniper  using rifles & carbines rather than revolvers.

Pistolero - same as a Gunslinger

Regulator - Hired Gun

Bounty Hunter - someone who persues criminals Dead Or Alive for money.

Bounty Killer - someone who cashes in criminals usually dead for money.

Posse - a band of citizens deputized by a Law enforecment official to pursue criminals.

Vigilanties - a band of citizens taking the law into their own hands to pursue criminals, similar to a Lynch Mob.

Lynch Mob - a band of citizens bent of hanging criminals.

Pinkerton Man - a professional detective in pursuit of criminals

Stock Detective - a professional detective in pursuit of cattle rustlers

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Tuco the ugly
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 07:22:43 AM »

No, of course not, but a cold-blooded murderer kills people at random for no reason.   He doesn't go on a killing spree like your everyday murderer (i.e. Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, etc).   He kills, but for his own devious reasons.  He spares the lives of those that give him information, with the exception of Stevens, of course.   Stevens tried to kill AE first and AE reacted in the way that any sharp-shooter would that protects his own hide.  I'm not saying that AE isn't cold-blooded.  I'm just merely saying that there is a difference between the everyday, random cold-blooded killer and one who is paid to kill - that's all.

I can see what you're after, but you're wrong nevertheless.

Sentenza killed more than once without blinking an eye, if he didn't kill more is just because the bloody trail would lead to him. Which is just why I have come to the conclusion, over the years, that he's far more cold blooded than Indio and Frank together, and he's smart. They're just madmen, and a madman can not even be held responsable for his actions.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 07:24:53 AM by Tuco the ugly » Logged
iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 12:18:54 PM »

No, of course not, but a cold-blooded murderer kills people at random for no reason.   He doesn't go on a killing spree like your everyday murderer (i.e. Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, etc).   He kills, but for his own devious reasons.   He spares the lives of those that give him information, with the exception of Stevens, of course.   Stevens tried to kill AE first and AE reacted in the way that any sharp-shooter would that protects his own hide.  I'm not saying that AE isn't cold-blooded.  I'm just merely saying that there is a difference between the everyday, random cold-blooded killer and one who is paid to kill - that's all.

I think we are getting mixed up with cold bloodied killers and Mass murdering psychopaths.

A bog standard mass murdering psychopathic killer will kill everyone who he wants to in anyway he wants to for the kick/thrill. (Dhamer/Bundy maybe)

A bog standard Cold bloodied killer will kill certain people as and when he needs to and have no conscience or regrets about it (Bonnie and Clyde or maybe an assassin perhaps)

I believe AE and probably TUCO falls in the last one

ICE

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 12:35:37 PM »

I think we are getting mixed up with cold bloodied killers and Mass murdering psychopaths.

A bog standard mass murdering psychopathic killer will kill everyone who he wants to in anyway he wants to for the kick/thrill. (Dhamer/Bundy maybe)

A bog standard Cold bloodied killer will kill certain people as and when he needs to and have no conscience or regrets about it (Bonnie and Clyde or maybe an assassin perhaps)

I believe AE and probably TUCO falls in the last one

ICE

I don't believe Tuco falls in the last one. But if he did, he would be on a much different scale than Sentenza.   Undecided

iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 02:15:44 PM »

I don't believe Tuco falls in the last one. But if he did, he would be on a much different scale than Sentenza.   

He was still going to cold bloodily kill Blondie in the Hotel and  Desert, whatever Blondie had done before....

ICE

O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2008, 03:21:16 PM »

He was still going to cold bloodily kill Blondie in the Hotel and  Desert, whatever Blondie had done before....

ICE

This is precisely the difference. Blodie had done something nasty to Tuco, and Tuco was p!$$ed off at him. On the other hand , Stevens had done nothing to Sentenza; and neither did  Baker.

iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2008, 07:25:28 AM »

This is precisely the difference. Blodie had done something nasty to Tuco, and Tuco was p!$$ed off at him. On the other hand , Stevens had done nothing to Sentenza; and neither did  Baker.

OK then, TUCO is not quite as bad a cold blooded killer as AE......but you seem to have forgot  the list of atrocities the sheriff read out as they were about to hang him.....er! Murder,Rape, Robbery........need I go on...

ICE

« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 07:26:56 AM by iceman » Logged

O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2008, 11:39:52 AM »

OK then, TUCO is not quite as bad a cold blooded killer as AE......but you seem to have forgot  the list of atrocities the sheriff read out as they were about to hang him.....er! Murder,Rape, Robbery........need I go on...

ICE

I never said that Tuco was a model of honesty and high morals. Clearly, he is a crook and a criminal, but I don't see him as being a cold blooded sadistic murderer like Sentenza.

iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2008, 02:33:52 PM »

I never said that Tuco was a model of honesty and high morals. Clearly, he is a crook and a criminal, but I don't see him as being a cold blooded sadistic murderer like Sentenza.

I dont think any of us would do, because he is portrayed as a bungling buffoon. But if you really analyse his character he really is a nasty piece of work who would probably sell his granny for a few bucks. The sheriff was reading his "misdemeanors" for quite a few minutes while he was on the end of the rope.....

ICE

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2008, 03:53:28 PM »

Wallach and Leone succeeded in making Tuco both funny and threatening, very difficult to do...

O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2008, 06:37:41 PM »

I dont think any of us would do, because he is portrayed as a bungling buffoon. But if you really analyse his character he really is a nasty piece of work who would probably sell his granny for a few bucks. The sheriff was reading his "misdemeanors" for quite a few minutes while he was on the end of the rope.....

ICE

Well, let's review the accusations against Tuco:

"...the condemned is found guilty of the crimes of: murder; armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices; the theft of sacred objects; arson in a state prison; perjury; bigamy; deserting his wife and children; inciting prostitution; kidnapping; extortion; receiving stolen goods; selling stolen goods; passing counterfeit money; and, contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards and loaded dice."

and

"...the condemned standing before us...sitting before us..Tuco Benedicto Pacifico
Juan Maria Ramirez has been found guilty by the Third District Circuit Court of the following crimes:
murder assaulting a Justice of the peace, raping a virgin of the white race, and statutory rape
of a minor of the black race, derailing a train in order to rob the passengers....."

To me, those accusations depict him as a buffoon and a chicken thief rather than a as vicious murderer. But what I find interesting is the sentence  Of all these crimes the accused has made a full spontaneous confession. Is it possible that he was exaggerating his criminal record in order to increase the reward against him so that both him and Blondie could get a higher profit the next time Blondie handed him over to the authorities?  Evil

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM