Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 08:49:03 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  What is the most priceless GBU quote/line from the movie?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is the most priceless GBU quote/line from the movie?  (Read 31428 times)
Dirty Rat
Gunslinger

Just like the greasy rat that you are.......

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2010, 01:43:05 PM »

Tuco; "One bastard goes in, another comes out."

El Gorila
Chicken Thief

Fist Full of Nanners

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2011, 04:03:52 PM »

"-Who ever doublecrosses me and leaves me alive... -He understand nothing about Tuco, nothing."

"-There are two kind of people in this world, my friend. -Those with a rope around their neck and people who have the job of doing the cutting."

"-You talked you traitor! -You talked!"

"-It doesn't matter, I'll kill them all."

Carson, Carson, nice to meet you Carson, I'm King Kongs grandfather, What was that you said about those nanners ?
beachem
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2011, 11:00:42 AM »

All have been excellent.  Remember these too???

(Tuco to Blondie after he's caught him in the hotel) "Tie that noose tight! It's got to hold the weight of a pig!"

Or just Tuco's full character name...Tuco Benedicto Pacífico Juan María Ramírez (and I thought Rose Dewitt Bukater was tough to remember).

and the whole line about the string of crimes Tuco has been found guilty of prior to hanging...
"Wanted in fifteen counties, standing before us, ah, sitting before us, Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez, has been found guilty by the District Circuit Court of the following crimes: murder, assaulting a Justice of the Peace, raping a virgin of the white race, statutory rape of a minor of the black race, derailing a train in order to rob the passengers, ... robbery, highway robbery, robbing an unknown number of post offices, breaking out of a ..., counterfeiting and passing counterfeit money, and the accused... promoting prostitution ...high places of authority... illegal postal pick up... intention of selling black fugitive slaves... the sheriff in Sonora... hired himself out as guide on a wagon train, after receiving his payment in advance, he deserted the wagon train in the hunting grounds of the Sioux Indians... misrepresenting himself as a Mexican general in order to receive a salary and living allowance from the Union Army..." Cheesy

El Gorila
Chicken Thief

Fist Full of Nanners

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2011, 07:36:04 PM »

All have been excellent.  Remember these too???

(Tuco to Blondie after he's caught him in the hotel) "Tie that noose tight! It's got to hold the weight of a pig!"

Or just Tuco's full character name...Tuco Benedicto Pacífico Juan María Ramírez (and I thought Rose Dewitt Bukater was tough to remember).

and the whole line about the string of crimes Tuco has been found guilty of prior to hanging...
"Wanted in fifteen counties, standing before us, ah, sitting before us, Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez, has been found guilty by the District Circuit Court of the following crimes: murder, assaulting a Justice of the Peace, raping a virgin of the white race, statutory rape of a minor of the black race, derailing a train in order to rob the passengers, ... robbery, highway robbery, robbing an unknown number of post offices, breaking out of a ..., counterfeiting and passing counterfeit money, and the accused... promoting prostitution ...high places of authority... illegal postal pick up... intention of selling black fugitive slaves... the sheriff in Sonora... hired himself out as guide on a wagon train, after receiving his payment in advance, he deserted the wagon train in the hunting grounds of the Sioux Indians... misrepresenting himself as a Mexican general in order to receive a salary and living allowance from the Union Army..." Cheesy

Yeah, Tuco's my hero.
Here's the complete list.
First Hangman: "...wanted in fourteen counties of this state, the condemned is found guilty of crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices; the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, perjury, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money and contrary to the laws of this state the condemned is guilty of using marked cards and loaded dice. Therefore, according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused before us, Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez and any other aliases he might have, to hang by the neck until dead... may god have mercy on his soul... proceed."

Second Hangman: "...wanted in fifteen counties of this state, the condemned standing before us... sitting before us... Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez has been found guilty by the third district circuit court of the following crimes: Murder, assaulting a justice of the peace, raping a virgin of the white race, statuatory rape of a minor of the black race... derailing a train in order to rob the passengers, bank robbery, highway robbery, robbing an unknown number of Post  Offices, breaking out of the state prison, using marked cards and loaded dice, promoting prostitution, blackmail, intention of selling fugitive slaves, and counterfeiting. Crimes against  places of high authority include burning down the courthouse and sheriff's office in Sonora. The accused is also guilty of cattle rustling, horse thievery, supplying Indians with firearms... misrepresenting himself as a Mexican General, unlawfully drawing salarly and living allowances from the Union Army. For all these crimes the accused has made a full and spontaneous confession. Therefore we condemn him to be hung by the neck until dead... may the lord have mercy on his soul... proceed."

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 07:42:22 PM by El Gorila » Logged

Carson, Carson, nice to meet you Carson, I'm King Kongs grandfather, What was that you said about those nanners ?
johnk
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2011, 11:48:16 PM »

I like the line when Tuco rushes out to get Angel eyes and his men on his own ....and Blondie says "You wanna die alone "? .......then the music starts.

I also like the scene where one of Angel eyes men is following Blondie .......Blondie swings him around says "Tut Tut "..then shoots him.

iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2011, 02:24:02 PM »

TUCO......"How much"

Shop Owner...$20

Click, Click

TUCO...."how Much"

Shop Owner....$50

Shop Owner...$200 thats all I have

ICE

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
johnk
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2011, 01:08:59 PM »

Well You gonna die alone ??

Stern
Road Apple

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2011, 01:40:42 PM »

Hello,

A lot of you voted earlier for
"When you have to shoot, shoot! Don´t talk."
of Tuco in the bathroom. Tuco shoots, but with a revolver from under the water, what is surely impossible, so the scene is ironic. I also think this one of the best, but not simply a good joke. In the next film, ”Once upon a time in the West”, there is another scene with Jill in the bathroom, also with “shooting” but in no way ironic. I guess it is one of the scenes, where Leone already “foresees” his next film.

Andeas Stern
Andreas5Stern@aol.com
http://sternstunde.npage.de

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2011, 08:31:36 AM »

Hello,

of Tuco in the bathroom. Tuco shoots, but with a revolver from under the water, what is surely impossible . . . .
If I recall correctly, the soap bubbles are high enough to hide the gun without the gun having to be underwater. So it is actually possible.

That's what you get, Drink, for lying in the middle of the road.
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2011, 12:10:17 PM »

But earlier when Tuco gets the drop on Blondie, he talks instead of shooting the stool leg.

Stern
Road Apple

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2011, 12:40:29 PM »

If I recall correctly, the soap bubbles are high enough to hide the gun without the gun having to be underwater. So it is actually possible.

Oh Dave this is an absolutely scientific view. I do not stick to “surely impossible”, after your explanation. What I wonted to say is, that the two bathroom scenes in GBU with Tuco and West with Jill are mirrors of each other. And that one here is the ironical side of the mirror and that I believe, that Leone had, at this point of time, the other side of the mirror already in his mind.

Andreas Stern

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2011, 08:52:46 AM »

What I wonted to say is, that the two bathroom scenes in GBU with Tuco and West with Jill are mirrors of each other. And that one here is the ironical side of the mirror and that I believe, that Leone had, at this point of time, the other side of the mirror already in his mind.
It's an interesting idea and you may be right. It's important to keep in mind, though, that there is a water theme in West and that Jill is constantly associated with the substance (she talks about baths several times before she gets one, she is seen carrying water at the end, etc.). So Leone would probably have put the bath scene in West even if there were no such corresponding scene in GBU. On the other hand, to follow your "mirror" comment, it may be important to note the number of times the desert--and, if you will, "waterlessness"--is linked with Tuco.

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2011, 04:26:33 PM »

I'm assuming Mickey Knox must take much of the credit for these lines in English?

By the way, has anyone ever read this book of his:

http://www.amazon.com/Good-Bad-Dolce-Vita-Adventures/dp/1560255757/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318199153&sr=8-1

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2011, 05:58:25 PM »

I'm assuming Mickey Knox must take much of the credit for these lines in English?

By the way, has anyone ever read this book of his:

http://www.amazon.com/Good-Bad-Dolce-Vita-Adventures/dp/1560255757/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318199153&sr=8-1
Nope. Thanks for the link, though. I just ordered a copy.

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2011, 06:08:55 PM »

Nope.

So he pretty much just directly translated the Italian then?

Thanks for the link, though. I just ordered a copy.

Let me know how if it's worth me getting one too.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM