Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 07:50:49 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  What is the most priceless GBU quote/line from the movie?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is the most priceless GBU quote/line from the movie?  (Read 31481 times)
Calamity Jane
Gunslinger

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2008, 01:59:45 AM »

I was just curious as to what everyone thinks is the best line or most creative quote from the movie.    I know there are alot of choices, considering the length of the movie.   I like Blondie's line, "If you cut down on my percentage, it may interfere with my aim".   I also like the drunk Captain's line "Both sides reek with alcohol" (I think that's the exact wording - not sure - feel free to clarify this if you like).  Thanks in advance.

Dirty Rat
Gunslinger

Just like the greasy rat that you are.......

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 03:01:20 AM »

Hmm, very tough indeed.
I particularly like these:

1. "Who the hell is that? One b*stard goes in and another comes out!"
2. "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk"

There are many more but they are my favourite. As for the most priceless, it would have to be number 2

The Rat

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 05:32:10 AM »

Yea I'd go with your number two choice also:

2. "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk"

It not only priceless for this film but it resonates with every film ever made where the bad guy just talks and talks.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 06:05:57 AM »

Another classic:

God hates idiots like you

Calamity Jane
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 10:58:50 AM »

Very good choices, CJ!  Those are excellent quotes - I love 'em too - lol.   I also like the line "You know what you are?  You're a son of a thousand fathers; all b**rds just like you". 

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 11:24:44 AM »

For me, way too many to list.  Highest up might be:

"when ya gotta shoot: shoot, don't talk"

"were you gonna die alone" just makes me feel good when Blondie joins up with Tuco

"there's two kinds of people..."

iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 02:39:28 PM »

A Touching one...

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"

and

"just remember its my neck on the end of the rope"

and

" Hey Blond........You Know what you are..........just a dirty son of a Bahahahahahahahaha ....wah wah wah"

There are hundreds....We could go on forever.....wah wah wah

ICE

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 02:41:00 PM »

I'll go with this one:

"Who the hell is that? One bastard goes in and another comes out!"

Also, Tuco's "comforting" the sun-burned and sick Blondie in the hospital: "Good thing you were with me. Think if you'd been on your own!"

Saturday nights with Groggy
Smokey
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 02:27:56 PM »

"If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it."

"Such ingratitude after all the times I've saved your life."

iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 02:35:05 PM »

This must be the shortest (sorry for the pun)

"SORRY SHORTY"  ha ha

ICE

Calamity Jane
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 07:05:44 PM »

I also like the line "There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend:  those that cut the rope and those that take the risks".      This one is always makes me laugh, too:  "....., you can feel the devil bite your a**".

Tuco the ugly
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 07:41:18 PM »

I have to go with: "When you have to shoot - shoot. Don't talk"

Calamity Jane
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 09:32:19 PM »

Well, if I were to put this question up as a poll, I think Tuco's quote "When you have to shoot, shoot - don't talk" would take the cake, getting the most votes - lol.    I like that quote also.  There's just so many, it's hard to decide which one is the best.    Here's another one that came to mind that I like:  "It's got to hold the weight of a pig".

Cole
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 10:57:31 PM »

I love the whole tirade that Tuco spouts as Blondie is turning him in.You've just about named them all.When the Sheriff rolls up the wanted poster,"I can give you a good idea of wear to put it",and he tells Blondie."Your a son of a thousand fathers ,all bastards like you!."That was a pretty low one.And not only does Tuco think that Blondie's mother belongs in a two dollar whore house,but in the end he decides that she is such a whore that it's best not to even speak of her.haha.That whole scene always just amuses the hell out of me.

Calamity Jane
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2008, 01:29:14 AM »

I love the whole tirade that Tuco spouts as Blondie is turning him in.You've just about named them all.When the Sheriff rolls up the wanted poster,"I can give you a good idea of wear to put it",and he tells Blondie."Your a son of a thousand fathers ,all bastards like you!."That was a pretty low one.And not only does Tuco think that Blondie's mother belongs in a two dollar whore house,but in the end he decides that she is such a whore that it's best not to even speak of her.haha.That whole scene always just amuses the hell out of me.

I totally agree with you on that one, Cole!  I LOVE that scene - it's not just the whole speel that Tuco gives to Blondie that is priceless - it's that whole entire scene - lol.  I also like the line he spews out when Blondie has him tied up and straddled on the horse:  "I hope you come down with Rabies, Colora and the plague!".   

The other quotes I like are: "Don't die like that pig!" and (speaking to Bill Carson) "Don't die!  I'll get you water; don't die until later!" - that's a really uncaring statement, but considering Tuco's disposition and personna, he only cares about himself; cares nothing for anyone else (to a certain extent, of course, considering the hint of compassion he shows when he helps Blondie enter the monastery)and does what he has to to get what he wants.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 01:34:11 AM by Calamity Jane » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM