Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 01:37:25 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Days of Violence (I giorni della violenza) (1967)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Days of Violence (I giorni della violenza) (1967)  (Read 2325 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2008, 01:06:45 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061710/

http://www.spaghettiwestern.altervista.org/vari-west40.htm

This has a plot with a large sweep, both cronologically than spacially. It's about the vicissitudes of a family in Mississippi during the Civil War, when Union Army occupied the state and though people sided with the Confederates. So yoiu have a revenge story of Peter Lee Lawrence against Union official Vannucchi who kills L.'s brother and then after the war, tries to steal Lawrence's girl (Beba Loncar). The problem is that all the story is based on huntings, crossing of state borderlines and you have in front of you always those few square miles of roman country you know from tens of other movies. The big plantation is the usual white circular building and there's only one black man to be seen. So this story shouldn't have been made in the first place. But the plot still has some originality, expecially in the relationship between Lawrence and Loncar (and Pazzafini) and that of Vannucchi to Bosic. And the main actors are all brilliant (can't understand what's wrong with Lawrence's performance as stated in the IMDB's review). And the fight scenes are well thought up. And Rosalba Neri is, as usual, a living incitation to rape.
Nicolai's score is well under par. I give this 6\10.
A stunt I hadn't seen before is a man falling from a building on a mattress whose top is ground level.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 08:11:59 PM »

Watched a bit of this last night. Thought it was pretty decent so far. Nothing overly special. Lawrence is something of an interesting character here and it was nice to see Pazzafini in a big role again. I like the main theme even though it's more of a big band sound than an Italian western familiar. Neri was good, too for her brief amount of screen time.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 10:44:33 PM »

Watched this from beginning to end last night. I thought it was pretty good, better than I expected. Got a review ready just needs the pics. The movie takes place in Missouri, not Mississippi. The action scenes are pretty exciting for a change and well designed. I happened to thoroughly enjoy Nicolai's score especially the rousing main theme. Has more in common with American westerns than Italian ones. Brescia would go on to direct crime movies but his westerns seemingly outclass those movies.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM