Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 04:03:49 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Gods smiled on Leone
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Gods smiled on Leone  (Read 1394 times)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2004, 04:57:17 AM »

I added this to the Steve Reeves thread but I thought it may be best discussed under a different topic:

Remember the story in Fraylings "Leone, Something To Do With Death" of how Sergio wanted Clint to wear the poncho to make him look broader? Maybe he had a picture of a mussel bound Joe which of course would bring Steve Reeves to his mind.

You know talk about luck, or a smile from the Gods, just think if it was Steve Reeves as the Man With No Name, do you think the magic would have worked? Do you think we would have been able to not see Hercules in a poncho, might it not have made a big enough obstacle to make it all ridiculous.

Now the mind starts to boggle, if Steve had been the MWNN, there might not even have been a poncho. Maybe Steve would have rode into San Miguel bearheaded wearing just the sheepskin vest the better to show off his pecs.

Maybe when the Baxter boys shoot at his mule Steve grabs the overhead beam and squeezing his legs together lifts both himself and the mule.  The feet of the muel rise off the ground..... Later after the "Get four coffins ready" line.

STEVE: "I don't like having to lift my mule. My mule gets nervous when I have to lift him. Now tell my mule your sorry"

Or later in the warehouse Steve as Joe would simply have tossed the whiskey barrel rather than roll it.

At the end instead of a poncho concealed armor plate, an overturned iron mine car with a slot filed out emerges from the dust of a dynamite explosion, Joe a human tank slides up the road to confront the remaining Rojos.

And then would Steve have thrown out the pages and pages of dialoge that Eastwood states that he did?

So it brings us to the alignments of fate that created vehicle that brought us to the masterworks.

It might have been Hercules out west. Just think if it wasn't a hit it would have been the only dollars film.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2004, 05:01:12 AM by cigar joe » Logged

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM