Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 09:25:50 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  PIERROT LE FOU
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PIERROT LE FOU  (Read 6364 times)
John Baldwin
Gunslinger

Do you recognize this string ???

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2004, 01:07:10 PM »

You can't say that Le grand Bleu and Leon (as jon sayed) are not great movies and unsensitive movies. THis movies are marvellous; there are a lot of emotion...I know that you talk in general, but...very very great movies. And you only speak of famous movies, but apparently you don't know the "cinéma d'auteur". And as Jon sayed (again), Fareinheint 451 (a Bradburry's book) is marvellous, and in english. And when you watch movies like "Armaggedon" or "Godzilla", I talk me that I prefer intellectuals movies than bad actions movies...

Le monde se divise en deux catégories: ceux qui ont un revolver chargé, et ceux qui creusent; toi tu creuses...
shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2004, 01:06:09 PM »

Yes, "Cinema d'auteur" is exactly what I'm talking about.

The french "cinema d'auteur" is the intellectual cinema that I'm talking about.

But sometimes, like Leone did, you can be intellectual trough images and sound. Leone was able to do it.

He made wonderful movies, from the point of view of images and soud, and he was able to comunicate some intellectual messages.

That's why Leone is a genius of cinema.

Luc Besson, that you seem to like very much is not a genious, not from the point of view of images and sound, nor from the point of view of the intellectual side o a movie.

Godard or Truffaut are not genius. They tried to pass the intellectual message but their vision of cinema was not able to do it through images and soun. May be, it was not even their intention to do so.

And, when you have an intellectual message to pass in a movie, but you don't have the visual skills to do it, I have a tip for you: write a book, because cinema is something else that the intellectual message, cinema is an art, first of all, and it must be judged as an art, as image and sound, and the treatment of both.

If I have the choice between "Armaggedon" and a movie by Godard or Truffaut.... I shut down the tv and I watch OUTW, a real piece of art made by a visual genius of cinema, Sergio Leone.

Each one for himself, and God against all.
John Baldwin
Gunslinger

Do you recognize this string ???

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2004, 01:17:24 PM »

Yes I agree with you, Leone is a genious. And yes I like some of Besson's movies; and to give you an example, in the "Grand Bleu", images and sound (marvellous score) are in the tv, you don't have dialogue, juste images and emotions. And for Godard and Truffaut, I find too that there movies are intellectuals, but sometime you can have great intellectuals movies

Le monde se divise en deux catégories: ceux qui ont un revolver chargé, et ceux qui creusent; toi tu creuses...
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM