Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2017, 09:36:38 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  the message board
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: the message board  (Read 4847 times)
caius
Bandido

"bravo!"

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2002, 05:34:32 AM »

this is rather off the topic of leone but i was just wondering who designed the board.  Was it actually paid for by leone's family or by a private investor.  Just curios to know, as quite impressively there are very few adverts or pop ups, which is nice to see.

I hate signatures, so naf, but i had to put this up for a week or so to show my respect

r.i.p. joe strummer.  great man, great band
jouissance
Bandido

in the beginning there was light

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2002, 12:45:14 PM »

it is a great board and if you scoll down on the main board, you will see that amazon is the main sponsor and one can make a donation to support this board. also we can shop at amazon, from this link. i need to make a donation and will do so at the beginning of the new year. i love this forum!

caius
Bandido

"bravo!"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2002, 05:04:04 PM »

i have to agree, this is the best forum i have been too  yet, the best topic, perfectly designed, easy to use and  very importantly there are a nice number of users, which will change no question of a doubt, as peole hear about it.

I hate signatures, so naf, but i had to put this up for a week or so to show my respect

r.i.p. joe strummer.  great man, great band
Cal
Site Administrator
Administrator
Bandido

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2002, 07:53:21 PM »

Thanks. The site was originally created by a guy named Andrew H. I believe and then was handed over to Mike A. who then passed it over to me. I set up and modified this new version of the Web board but the general content of www.fistful-of-leone.com has been online for many years now.

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2002, 05:23:41 PM »

Yeah, Cal, I hope the gang appreciates how you saved the board from the scum that had been posting at the old URL after Mike lost interest.  Not only that, it loads up tons faster (and I've got a 33.6K modem).  Thanks again.

Jupa
Gunslinger

Viva Leone!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2003, 08:12:05 AM »

Really?I thought Mike created this site originally.Do you know when Andrew created the site and when he handed it over to Mike?

MARKGPL
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2003, 05:55:25 PM »

Hi Everybody..

I'm Mark..I'm relatively new here, but I would like to say how great I think this forum is and, more importantly, how impressed I am with the depth of knowledge each of you has about Sergio Leone and his incredible films.

I suspect I'm the oldtimer here (I'm like the old bounty hunter, Col. Mortimer and you're all young Blondies), but I hope you won't hold that against me.

Thanks for providing such a great venue where we can all exchange opinions and ideas about Leone and his cinematic masterpieces.

Andrew Hyatt
Road Apple

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2003, 08:20:06 AM »

Really?I thought Mike created this site originally.Do you know when Andrew created the site and when he handed it over to Mike?

I created it around 1997 or so, maybe 1996.  You can see an old version of the site from the Wayback machine:
http://web1.archive.org/web/19970108073015/http://tortie.me.uiuc.edu/~hyatt/sergioleone.html
That site already had Michael's design, the previous iteration was quite bare.

It was handed over to Mike shortly after, probably around 1998 or 1999.  I was told I couldn't use the machines I had hosted them on anymore for non-work purposes, so I had to offload them to somebody.  Luckiliy Michael was there to host it, and he did a great job in redesigning the site and adding a web board.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2003, 09:11:52 PM »

Good job!

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Andrew Hyatt
Road Apple

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2003, 10:34:11 PM »

Thanks for the kind words!  

Forgot to mention what a terrific job Cal has done with the board.  He's one of the first people that contacted me about my Leone site back in the day, when he had also put up a Clint Eastwood site.  Now the board has been fully modernized, and the design everywhere is impressive.

Jupa
Gunslinger

Viva Leone!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2003, 06:36:41 AM »

Wow,it is so cool to be able to see old web sites and boards with that archive machine.To watch that old board creates a sense of "the fluttering of the wings of history",as we say in Finland.My first visit to the Leone board was back in August 1997.I seem to remember that the board looked like that back then,but I cannot be sure.Can you say if the board was like that in 1997?

Andrew Hyatt
Road Apple

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2003, 07:45:42 AM »

Yes, I see by the URL the page from the archives is from 1997.  My own memory is fairly hazy about all the dates...

shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2003, 03:04:52 PM »

By the way, where is Cal Anderson?

It's been a while without any news from him.

Each one for himself, and God against all.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM