Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 10:33:37 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Ennio Morricone (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Ecstasy of Gold used in David Fincher's "Fate" Nike Commercial
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ecstasy of Gold used in David Fincher's "Fate" Nike Commercial  (Read 9182 times)
Amaze
Bounty Killer

I don't see any method at all, sir.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 05:30:13 PM »

Both cool Afro I just wonder if Fincher's would have worked as well without that techno beat...

what are you 50? thats not a techno beat. its a regular drum beat  Wink
but ye, I dont think it fits the song either. guess they wanted to make it sound hip or something.

I like mann's better, even if it's trying a little too hard to be "in the moment"

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008, 08:30:45 PM »

HEAD ON! APPLY DIRECTLY TO YOUR FOREHEAD! HEAD ON! APPLY DIRECTLY TO YOUR FOREHEAD!

Don't make me kill you Whalestoe.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Whalestoe
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2008, 08:46:39 PM »

Don't make me kill you Whalestoe.

If you strike me down I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine...

Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 08:12:30 AM »

Whalestone=Highlander?

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 10:42:39 AM »

Whalestone=Highlander?

Um... that quote's from Star Wars, dude.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Whalestoe
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2008, 10:50:34 AM »

Um... that quote's from Star Wars, dude.

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE! Cheesy

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2009, 10:20:01 PM »

But of course, they know no one would stand for a straight presentation, so they're taking the piss out of it. Further proof that commercials moved on long ago. Glad Fincher finally noticed.

Telling the truth, there are still a lot of "straight approach commercials". Think of most food commericals, for instance. Nike is more in the "corporate commercial" trend, which means the commercial is not about a product, it's about a brand or a company. The goal is usualy (and with Nike's commercials, it is the case) the same than a straight approach: selling products. The difference is you're capitalising on the brand, so it's more about a "spirit" than real (or supposed) advantages of your product(s).

There is a lot to say about pros and cons of each approach, but that's not the topic here and i doubt anyone would be interested. We talk a lot about these stuffs in my marketing classes. The point about Fincher is he is of course telling bullshits, but as a director i'd still love to make some corporate commercials. Not for the money, but for the experience. Commercials and video clips are the best place to experiment radical camerawork/video editing stuffs that would never fit a movie.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2009, 01:53:14 AM »

Telling the truth, there are still a lot of "straight approach commercials". Think of most food commericals, for instance. Nike is more in the "corporate commercial" trend, which means the commercial is not about a product, it's about a brand or a company. The goal is usualy (and with Nike's commercials, it is the case) the same than a straight approach: selling products. The difference is you're capitalising on the brand, so it's more about a "spirit" than real (or supposed) advantages of your product(s).

There is a lot to say about pros and cons of each approach, but that's not the topic here and i doubt anyone would be interested. We talk a lot about these stuffs in my marketing classes. The point about Fincher is he is of course telling bullshits, but as a director i'd still love to make some corporate commercials. Not for the money, but for the experience. Commercials and video clips are the best place to experiment radical camerawork/video editing stuffs that would never fit a movie.
Word. The biggest problem could be that there are few brands/products I'd personally feel comfortable advertising.

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2009, 09:09:14 AM »

Word. The biggest problem could be that there are few brands/products I'd personally feel comfortable advertising.

I don't really minde that... but if you feel uncomfortable, you'll have to stick with video clips Smiley

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM