Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 06, 2023, 09:59:49 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Quentin Tarantino's Top 20 Spaghetti Westerns
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 [3] 4
: Quentin Tarantino's Top 20 Spaghetti Westerns  ( 28087 )
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #30 : January 21, 2009, 11:22:14 PM »

Don't do it it. I know you will have seen worse but don't put yourself through this kind of torture.

^
Listen to TH. It's fucking TEDIOUS.

lol. sadly it's the best part of the movie.

I suppose it is novelty enough to be considered a highlight... I mean... where else would you see that?
Uncle Tom's Cabin perhaps?
And no AC, I haven't seen any of the MONDO CANE films.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #31 : January 21, 2009, 11:24:09 PM »

I suppose it is novelty enough to be considered a highlight... I mean... where else would you see that?

Never seen the movie but... according to what you said, couldn't it be in a bad perfume commercial?

« : January 21, 2009, 11:25:50 PM noodles_leone »

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

« #32 : January 21, 2009, 11:25:20 PM »

according to what you said, couldn't it be in a bad parfum commercial?

Perfume?

No, Bronson already made one of those...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV3gA7hNItY

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

« #33 : January 21, 2009, 11:26:34 PM »

Don't do it it. I know you will have seen worse but don't put yourself through this kind of torture.

lol. sadly it's the best part of the movie.

haha, I still want to see it for Bronson. However, I've never heard a good notice for the picture.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

« #34 : January 21, 2009, 11:27:30 PM »

And no AC, I haven't seen any of the MONDO CANE films.

It's not a MONDO CANE movie, just made by the same team. There's only two MONDO CANE movies.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #35 : January 21, 2009, 11:28:56 PM »

(i corrected "perfume" in my previous post)

A lot of embarassing performances in that commercial too :)

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #36 : January 22, 2009, 05:52:06 AM »

I would agree its probably a list of what he's seen. But that dosn't excuse having DYS as an also mention.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
stanton
Bounty Killer

« #37 : January 22, 2009, 06:28:49 AM »

I'm somehow sure that he has seen much, much more than these. It's no great problem to do so if you are really interested. I have seen, don't ask me why, about 250 or maybe even 300 SWs since 2005. It was mostly fun and there are much more interesting Spags than I thought there would be then.

QT was and is a fan of these type of films.

Chino for example is far from being a worse film. It's a leisurely made and calm western about the vanishing of the indians. Not a classic of course, but better directed and more intelligent than e.g. Soldier Blue.
Truth is, chino is not exactly a SW, it's an american western by an american director shot in spain.

And Shoot the Living ... is also a good SW made by a not untalented director, who always had to cope with tiny budgets, but made on a simple level rather enjoyable westerns.

QT's list contains the usual amount of classics combined with a few surprises. Like most of the other lists also ,which were compiled for the SWDB by other fans.

So, what?

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

« #38 : January 22, 2009, 02:56:57 PM »

QT was and is a fan of these type of films.

He reads a lot on them but I question the amount he's actually seen...

I wrote this some months back... It highlights my doubts about QT knowing a lot about the movies he claims to be a fan of...

The first Kill Bill movie is an entertaining revenge picture with no ending.
The second is pretty much a snooze fest (granted, there are some very good scenes with or without excellent action/fight scenes) with some of the worst dialogue ever. It was in this movie where I started to notice that he was flubbing in the department that got him into the spotlight in the first place.

This is being generous because both movies are meant to be seen as a whole film.
If I reviewed these two flicks as one whole picture I could only give it a negative review majorily for the pacing problems.

Death Proof is a complete debacle.
50 minutes of nothing but incessant chatter from characters who all think alike and talk alike.
QT's dialogue has become a parody of itself.
It just feels like some dude trying to be the Tarantino of the 90's but failing miserably, and the car chase...

...though good...

doesn't save the movie from being a total fart bomb.

Let me expand on the car chase a little...
 the car chase is good but nowhere near the quality of the car chases it was constantly compared to.
I commend him for not having CGI but just because he did doesn't make him the super master of the world as everybody thinks he is. The first Bourne, which I saw tonight and may I say it is much better than the two shit sequels that follow it, movie actually has a fine car chase with no CGI what so ever. The film preceded QT's chase by 5 years. I didn't remember anybody mentioning that in the reviews. No, the glory goes to Tarantino for making the first car chase without any CGI in "ages".

+, and I know this is an old subject that has been beaten to death but...

The dude practically ripped a bunch of stuff from other car chases that came before it then put it in his little movie.
Remember the scene where Stuntman Mike and the girls are seperated by a large pond and each party looks at each other from across the pond whilst heading for the edge of the body of water so their cars can meet and continue smashing eachother?
That whole segment is directly ripped from a car chase in Special Cop in Action starring Maurizio Merli.
The guy even has the audacity to have the music cue from that scene in THAT movie inserted into his movie in exactly the same way!

All this would be dandy if he would just fess up and say, "hey guys, this is nothing new. Check this movie out".

And might I add that the self proclaimed "trash movie know-it-all" doesn't seem to know a whole lot about the movies he claims to be a fan of. AC will tell you that his commentaries for Kung-Fu movies are constantly riddled with errors. BIG GIANT ERRORS.
To me, he comes off as a guy who is knowledgable enough about these things but not nearly as much as he's letting on.
He knows movie titles. When it comes to start naming the stars of these titles he's lost.

And of course, nobody calls him on it because who wants to watch anything before 1977 that isn't a classy picture?
There is nothing better to have than an ignorant audience (http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1309/1409024660_fdc37e661e.jpg) and QT knows it.

Other than that pet peeve I think he's an okay guy. He certainly seems to be in interviews and such.
I guess I can judge for myself when I meet him later in Feb. Pending on his completion of IG.
It's his butt buddy, Robert Rodriguez, whom I've heard is the biggest asshole since Attila The Hun.[/i]

« : January 22, 2009, 02:59:09 PM The Firecracker »

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #39 : January 22, 2009, 03:05:10 PM »

You're gonna meet QT?

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

« #40 : January 22, 2009, 03:12:09 PM »

You're gonna meet QT?

Was. It doesn't seem likely any longer since he pushed back the release date on IG.
He will probably be too busy for it.
Perhaps after its (IG) release we can get him for an interview in the EuroCrime Doc.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #41 : January 22, 2009, 03:15:28 PM »

Could be great. The guy is very interesting (of course you have to "select" real stuffs in what he says) when he speaks about his work.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

« #42 : January 22, 2009, 03:18:19 PM »

(of course you have to "select" real stuffs in what he says)

We'd probably only have about 15 seconds, out of an hour, of usable footage then.

I told Mike (The director) not to get him because he doesn't know shit and always taints everything with his incessant blabber.
Mike agreed but he said it would make the movie more commercial if he was in it.
I guess I can't argue with that...

remember... http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1309/1409024660_fdc37e661e.jpg

« : January 22, 2009, 03:20:15 PM The Firecracker »

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #43 : January 22, 2009, 03:19:39 PM »

We'd probably only have about 15 seconds out of an hour of usable footage then.

I told Mike (The director) not to get him because he doesn't know shit and always taints everything with his incessant blabber.
Mike agreed but he said it would make the movie more commercial.

Mike is right. Even for 15s, don't you think?

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

« #44 : January 22, 2009, 03:20:52 PM »

Even for 15s, don't you think?

I'm sorry?

15 year olds?

: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
: