Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 19, 2018, 09:02:28 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Alfred Hitchcock Discussion Thread
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Alfred Hitchcock Discussion Thread  (Read 94056 times)
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: February 08, 2018, 04:24:06 PM »

Under Capricorn coming on Blu:
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=22842

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 09, 2018, 09:26:57 AM »

Last night, with Mrs. Cusser out at a horse event, I watched again "Saboteur", hadn't seen it in at least two decades, and that was at the theater.  Since this was released in 1942, and I know tons more WW2 history, wanted to see how the war was addressed.  I enjoyed this a lot, a common storyline (like "All Through the Night") where an innocent guy really has to find the perpetrator to clear himself.  The Statue of Liberty scene is a classic, as is the bickering Cummings and Lane commented on by observers as "they must be so much in love" (similar to scene in "39 Steps).

The Nazi sympathizers were called "The Firm" and had no accents, unlike the commonly used sinister-appearing Conrad Veidt.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 09, 2018, 11:31:13 AM »

Last night, with Mrs. Cusser out at a horse event, I watched again "Saboteur", hadn't seen it in at least two decades, and that was at the theater.  Since this was released in 1942, and I know tons more WW2 history, wanted to see how the war was addressed.  I enjoyed this a lot, a common storyline (like "All Through the Night") where an innocent guy really has to find the perpetrator to clear himself.  The Statue of Liberty scene is a classic, as is the bickering Cummings and Lane commented on by observers as "they must be so much in love" (similar to scene in "39 Steps).

The Nazi sympathizers were called "The Firm" and had no accents, unlike the commonly used sinister-appearing Conrad Veidt.

Norman Lloyd is still with us and going strong at 103!  Smiley

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM