Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 06:45:33 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  A Fistful of Dollars (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Watch the Fistful Italian trailer and Italian dvd outtakes reel!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Watch the Fistful Italian trailer and Italian dvd outtakes reel!  (Read 21793 times)
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2009, 12:42:08 PM »

Yes Smiley But anyway, if you don't watch movies on a computer, your own tv screen probably crops even more than any of these releases...

« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 12:17:26 PM by noodles_leone » Logged

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Paulo
Bandido

Play, Harmonica - Play !

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2009, 01:50:53 PM »

your own tv screen probably crops even more than any of these releases...

Actually, it was when I was doing a quick comparison on my TV that I noticed the extra information (when Clint shoots the 4 Baxters)  Grin It was purely by accident though, I wasn't looking for it.

Also, the MGM SE has a lot of flickering on it, particularly during the "My mule don't like people laughing..." segment. The German Paramount is better in that regard, but this new restoration seems to be in a different league altogether.  When the 4 Baxters are shown in close-up before Clint shoots them, you can actually see clouds in the background in this new version.

Finally, in one of the extras, you get Allessandro Allessandroni sitting down playing a Spanish guitar and whistling the theme tune - its a great moment, almost worth the price of admission on its own.

Now, I wonder what these guys (the restoration people) could do with FAFDM and the others? Afro

Paulo
Bandido

Play, Harmonica - Play !

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2009, 07:05:30 AM »

I wonder if this was the restoration ? It does mention the "original camera negative"...

http://news.creativecow.net/story/858244

Hippieoddball1
Bandido

Life is funnier than shit.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2009, 07:58:50 AM »

Someone couldn't put the link back up again could you for just over the weekend or something please, so i could download it - i've missed out big time here, with not being able to see it- i would love to see this

The reason you became a priest is because you were too much of a coward to do what i do.
Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2009, 03:37:10 PM »

I wonder if this was the restoration ? It does mention the "original camera negative"...

http://news.creativecow.net/story/858244

Judging from the date of the article, this would have to be the one - good find!

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2009, 03:38:05 PM »

Someone couldn't put the link back up again could you for just over the weekend or something please, so i could download it - i've missed out big time here, with not being able to see it- i would love to see this

Tell you what, if another person or two wanted it put back up for a couple of days I can do that.

Dirty Rat
Gunslinger

Just like the greasy rat that you are.......

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2009, 03:27:33 AM »

Tell you what, if another person or two wanted it put back up for a couple of days I can do that.

Go on Krug put it back up there. I already saved it but it wouldn't do to have a fan out there without it  Afro

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2009, 12:37:56 PM »

Ok, links are back up and working....but temporarily!

Go on Krug put it back up there. I already saved it but it wouldn't do to have a fan out there without it  Afro

Hippieoddball1
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2009, 07:41:53 AM »

Thats great thanks - the trailer is quality - but the other link doesn't seem to be working and thats the one i can't wait to see - does it work for anyone else?

The reason you became a priest is because you were too much of a coward to do what i do.
Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2009, 01:33:51 PM »

Thats great thanks - the trailer is quality - but the other link doesn't seem to be working and thats the one i can't wait to see - does it work for anyone else?

My bad, fixed now...

Hippieoddball1
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2009, 02:27:22 PM »

Thanks - i really enjoyed it - thanks again

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2009, 03:38:54 PM »

Another rare trailer featuring some outtake footage as well :

http://www.toutlecine.com/star/videos/0001/00017872/00009737-bande-annonce-1-sergio-leone.html

mike siegel
Bounty Killer

Call me Kowalski, like the guy in Vanishing Point

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2009, 03:39:01 AM »

I bought the Box (Euro 19,00 Ebay Italia) and just watched it.
AND IT'S GREAT.

Not much need to discuss the stuff here - any serious Leone fan must have it in his collection.
The film is in English anyway, the rest is subtitled.

Great stuff.

New Sam Peckinpah forum online!  www.earnedinblood.com
Senza
Bounty Killer

You think you're better that I am?

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2013, 01:04:56 AM »

Ordered the new Italian FOD deluxe dvd package (cause my Blu Ray player can't play the special features, only the movie) Thought I'd be a nice guy and rip a couple of the features to nice high-quality quicktimes for you all to see/save. (I doubt very much these will be ported over to North America discs). I'm hosting them on the backend of my website for now, but I'm not going to keep them up there forever, so grab em now while you can.  Also might be best to let the whole thing load before you play (they are high data rate..)

Here's the original italian trailer (pay close attention - I'm pretty sure every shot is an alternate/extended take or unused angle from those in the film). Also the Morricone music seems to be slightly different than the version in the film.

http://www.jordankrug.com/Screening_Room/leone/fistfulitaliantrailer.mov

This is another very cool supplement, starts off with alternate titles, then montages of clapperboards, extended takes, alt takes etc. I think most of the material is just trims from the takes already in the film. It's amazing to see, one only wishes there was more, (maybe not so quickly edited)  and that some of the pieces were longer Smiley (it might take a while to load, it's 13 min long)

http://www.jordankrug.com/Screening_Room/leone/fodaltfootage.mov

There are more supplements on the disc, most are very interesting interviews (with english subtitles available!) If you have a pal/region free compatible dvd player I recommend you pick up the set. Comes with a ton of cool paper extras as well (all in Italian though)

Enjoy!

I understand its been a while since you last posted this, but the links don't work for me. Would you be able to repost or reupload the trailer and outtakes, if it's no trouble?

"Roll it up! Roll it up! I'll give you a good idea where you can put it!" - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2013, 06:44:26 PM »

I understand its been a while since you last posted this, but the links don't work for me. Would you be able to repost or reupload the trailer and outtakes, if it's no trouble?

I'll see if I can dig up the files, I'll try and put em on youtube...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM