Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 08:09:31 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  A Fistful of Dollars (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Watch the Fistful Italian trailer and Italian dvd outtakes reel!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Watch the Fistful Italian trailer and Italian dvd outtakes reel!  (Read 21953 times)
Le Bon
Gunslinger

You'd better be Bill Carson

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 03:54:50 PM »

I was going to mention about the slate with RAY THE MAGNIFICENT on it...you beat me to it  Afro I heard that the working title was THE MAGNIFICENT STRANGER but RAY  Huh If it was called RAY first and then changed to MAGNIFICENT STRANGER you can work out which scenes were filmed first from the trailer.

pablo113
Bandido

"No, no water"

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2009, 11:06:28 PM »

We all waited 45 years to see the out takes! Its AWESOME!

Pablo

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 12:50:34 PM »

Here's the original italian trailer (pay close attention - I'm pretty sure every shot is an alternate/extended take or unused angle from those in the film). Also the Morricone music seems to be slightly different than the version in the film.

http://www.jordankrug.com/Screening_Room/leone/fistfulitaliantrailer.mov

Yes, that version of the title music is on the extended or bootleg CD, I have a copy of that.  It's somewhat "partway" between the music from Pastures of Plenty (sung by Peter Tevis) and the final soundtrack cut.  When I first heard both those on the CD I found them very interesting, as I was trying to figure how Morricone got from one to the other.  Apparently Leone liked the music from Pastures of Plenty (which did not have the whistling), told Morricone he liked the music.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 02:28:31 PM »

Check out Benito Steffanelli in the trailer at 1:06. He looks pissed that Ramon is smooching with Marisol.
Wonder if that was meant to play into the movie at one point or another.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2009, 03:34:52 PM »

Check out Benito Steffanelli in the trailer at 1:06. He looks pissed that Ramon is smooching with Marisol.
Wonder if that was meant to play into the movie at one point or another.

That's funny, I didn't notice that - he actually rolls his eyes, like "here we go again"

iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2009, 05:54:16 PM »

Should that trailer not have had SPOILER ALERT written all over it....talk about giving the story and crucial parts away...especially the shooting of the Baxters....

ICE

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2009, 06:21:50 PM »

I remember watching another trailer for that movie, the one on the R1 DVD (probably the american trailer). Every single guy being shot was in it.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Paulo
Bandido

Play, Harmonica - Play !

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2009, 04:01:23 AM »

Thanks so much for posting the outtakes segment, it convinced me to go and import the set from dvdland.it. I'm happy to be corrected, but this looks like a whole new restoration of the movie, different to the MGM and German Paramounts from a few years back - I've only watched bits of it, and it looks superb. The restoration segment on the DVD unfortunately is only in Italian - pretty much everything else has English subtitles, but not that bit.

Also, one crucial thing, in the segment where Clint shoots the 4 Baxters who scared his mule, I'm convinced there is a bit more information on the sides of the picture. The guy who is shot on the right-hand side of the screen, in the MGM version you don't really see much of him as he falls (slightly off screen) - in this version, you can see a lot more of him, he's basically completely on screen.

I'm going to try and get some screen caps done, for comparison, but am interested in other peoples take on this if they have the new set.    Smiley

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2009, 02:53:39 PM »

You're absolutely right, this is a completely new restoration from the original negative, I believe the mgm restoration was from an interpositive element (nobody wanted to ship the negative overseas).  I think this accounts for the slight cropping on the MGM and german versions. Mgm didn't do any digital restoration on the film (John Kirk doesn't believe in it), but the germans took the MGM HD master and digitally restored it (removing flicker, dirt etc) a couple of years ago. Up until this new version, that was the best quality version.. Even thought the restoration segment is in italian, you can see pretty clearly that they went all the way back to the original negative, re-color timed it (especially the day-for night scenes) and digitally removed original camera negative scratches etc. There's not a spec of dirt anywhere! It looks stunning on the blu-ray, as good as any modern feature in terms of sharpness, color accuracy etc. If FAFDM gets the same treatment by the same company we're in for a treat. (there is a FAFDM BLU ray which I have, it looks very good as well, but is only in Italian and has no extras) I think it's produced by a different company.

I would love to see screen comparisons if you want to take the time to do them Smiley  Thanks for your comments on the cropping, I hadn't noticed that originally, now that you point it out it makes me even happier to own the new version.

Thanks so much for posting the outtakes segment, it convinced me to go and import the set from dvdland.it. I'm happy to be corrected, but this looks like a whole new restoration of the movie, different to the MGM and German Paramounts from a few years back - I've only watched bits of it, and it looks superb. The restoration segment on the DVD unfortunately is only in Italian - pretty much everything else has English subtitles, but not that bit.

Also, one crucial thing, in the segment where Clint shoots the 4 Baxters who scared his mule, I'm convinced there is a bit more information on the sides of the picture. The guy who is shot on the right-hand side of the screen, in the MGM version you don't really see much of him as he falls (slightly off screen) - in this version, you can see a lot more of him, he's basically completely on screen.

I'm going to try and get some screen caps done, for comparison, but am interested in other peoples take on this if they have the new set.    Smiley

Paulo
Bandido

Play, Harmonica - Play !

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2009, 04:44:34 PM »

I would love to see screen comparisons if you want to take the time to do them  Smiley

Here's the first one, I'll get some more up in a day or so. From the top down, in this order:
1) Original UK Region 2 DVD (backup copy)
2) MGM UK Region 2 SE
3) Paramount German SE (TLE Films restoration)
4) Ripleys Home Video Italian DVD (new Italian restoration)

Look to the center-right on the bottom image, you'll see more of the building on the right. Also, top-right has a bit more mountain, and (possibly) a fraction more information along the bottom of the screen.

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2009, 10:23:29 PM »

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this - it's clear that the new image is sharper, less contrasty and has more info - all of which are hard to judge without direct comparisons - thanks for your effort!

Le Bon
Gunslinger

You'd better be Bill Carson

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2009, 04:11:47 AM »

Thanks very much for these. I am thinking of getting the new DVD and this is very helpful.  Afro

Paulo
Bandido

Play, Harmonica - Play !

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2009, 06:07:19 AM »

Thanks very much for these. I am thinking of getting the new DVD and this is very helpful.

You're welcome guys, and thanks to Jordan for starting the ball rolling! Definitely worth the investment, I'd say.  Wink

Paulo
Bandido

Play, Harmonica - Play !

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2009, 10:10:47 AM »

Second one, same deal:
From the top down, in this order:
1) Original UK Region 2 DVD (backup copy)
2) MGM UK Region 2 SE
3) Paramount German SE (TLE Films restoration)
4) Ripleys Home Video Italian DVD (new Italian restoration)

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2009, 11:43:36 AM »

The area cropped of the previous releases is actually quite large Shocked

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM