Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 11:05:09 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  What happened to Sancho Perez?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What happened to Sancho Perez?  (Read 11050 times)
Huey
Bandido

A whole month!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2014, 03:00:58 PM »

There is one gang member who has never been identified either by name of character or actor. He was in the chapel scene and he makes up the numbers. That's all I can say.

Where life had no value, death sometimes had its price
Father Groggy
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2014, 08:05:31 PM »

This question has been asked many times.  After breaking Sancho out of prison, he is only seen briefly in two non-speaking moments as far as I can recall.  1.  When robbing the El Paso bank, I think Sancho is the one in the wagon wearing a hood.  2.  After Indio kills Cuchilio and puts on an act, there is a shot of Sancho with a puzzled expression.

Maybe Sancho was indeed killed as described earlier.  But none of the guys killed in that scene look like Sancho to me.  In my imagination, Sancho knew he would not beat Manco or Mortimer in a shootout nor would he get any money.  So he fled the scene.  Maybe Manco's problem with adding was a reference to both Sancho and Groggy.  Manco either understood this or saw Sancho sneak off, so he factored that into his "adding".

If this theory is flawed, I welcome any counter-points.

iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2014, 03:11:31 PM »

Must admit after seeing the two killed in the street, i cant figure out if it is Sancho. They are both wearing sombreros and when Indio tells his gang to search for Manco and the colonel none have sombreros on.

One small point always makes me chuckle is when Indio shoots Cuchillo and he rolls down the slope and at the last second just manages to stop himself from falling over the side. Its only a foot or so but he must have thought he was further up the slope than he actually was and it was gonna hurt if he fell off........

ICE

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
Huey
Bandido

A whole month!!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2014, 12:27:54 PM »

Sancho was played by the Greek actor Panos Papadopoulos who died in Munich on 18 February 2001. Someone above mentioned that Sancho had a big character build-up after his release from jail but he then became part of the scenery with only a couple of possible sightings like the one in the wagon. I wonder if the actor left the production and so we only saw glimpses of a substitute. Assuming he was one of the two killed in the street, we didn't see his face. My bet is that the actor moved on.

Where life had no value, death sometimes had its price
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2014, 07:16:05 PM »

Sancho was played by the Greek actor Panos Papadopoulos who died in Munich on 18 February 2001. Someone above mentioned that Sancho had a big character build-up after his release from jail but he then became part of the scenery with only a couple of possible sightings like the one in the wagon. I wonder if the actor left the production and so we only saw glimpses of a substitute. Assuming he was one of the two killed in the street, we didn't see his face. My bet is that the actor moved on.

I wouldn't say Sancho got a big character build-up; he merely got sprung from prison. We maybe Sancho was only important as an excuse for Manco to join the gang, but he's not any more important a gang member than anyone else; so, once he's sprung, he doesn't rate any more screen time than anyone else.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM