Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 03, 2020, 04:15:27 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Tuco for president.
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: Tuco for president.  ( 9492 )
English Bob
Chicken Thief

« : February 03, 2004, 04:05:01 AM »

One of the things I love about GBU is the fact that none of the characters are infallible. Take, as an example, that irritating pansy from the LOTR trilogy, Legolas. Surfs on shields, swings around on ropes, never so much as sprains an ankle. After a while it just gets irritating; hence just about every self respecting bloke’s Legolas hate complex (don’t take this as a cuss on LOTR, mind. Great films.)
Now, had Leone been an inferior director, then Tuco, an incredibly human (and by his nature) fallible character, would never have been able to get one up on the avenging angel style Blondie. Blondie is so casual and cocksure about double crossing Tuco, as if the guy’s hardly worth the bother. But good old Tuco hunts him down and teaches him a damn fine lesson. He knew nothing of Tuco. Nothiiiiing.

COLONNA
Bandido

I'm his son

« #1 : February 03, 2004, 04:24:29 AM »

Between Berlusconi adn Tuco who Italian people prefers ?
Between Chirac and Tuco who French people prefers ?
Between Blair,Aznar, Georges W ?

You are right English Bob, I vote for TUCO  President.
At least I know who he is.

Time is on my side...
shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

« #2 : February 03, 2004, 12:54:30 PM »

I have a problem between Tuco and Chirac!!!

Because Chirac is a natural born actor and liar. HE IS JUST EXCELLENT AS A LIAR.

You have to see him when he makes his speechs on national tv.

He's far away from Mussolini, for example, Mussolini was a great actor, but he is very good at lying, at making people believe that he says something important when he does not.

Each one for himself, and God against all.
Ramon
Gunslinger

What are we going to do with this one Frank?

« #3 : February 03, 2004, 03:25:25 PM »

Talking of presidents, here's Tuco and Rafsanji (ex-president of Iran), bit of a family resemblance there.

in these parts a man's life can depend on a mere scrap of information.

Ramon

www.fistfuloflocations.com
www.youtube.com/profile?user=swlocations
General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

« #4 : February 04, 2004, 11:19:05 AM »

. Blondie is so casual and cocksure about double crossing Tuco, as if the guy’s hardly worth the bother. But good old Tuco hunts him down and teaches him a damn fine lesson. He knew nothing of Tuco. Nothiiiiing.

I remember when I first saw GBU as a kid I was just in shock, every cliche' that you had ingrained into your skull about westerns got flipped upside down.  Can you imagine some filthy beggar like Tuco forcing John Wayne to march across the desert?  Never, ever ever in a thousand years would you expect that to happen to a western hero.  I had to go see it 3 times in a week just to make sure I wasn't imagining things.

And what if your hand should shake a little?  And that Gringo so fast on the draw.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #5 : February 04, 2004, 11:57:16 AM »

Talking of presidents, here's Tuco and Rafsanji (ex-president of Iran), bit of a family resemblance there.

LOL, I definitely see it. ;D

Saturday nights with Groggy
English Bob
Chicken Thief

« #6 : February 05, 2004, 08:27:56 AM »

I remember when I first saw GBU as a kid I was just in shock, every cliche' that you had ingrained into your skull about westerns got flipped upside down.  Can you imagine some filthy beggar like Tuco forcing John Wayne to march across the desert?  Never, ever ever in a thousand years would you expect that to happen to a western hero.  I had to go see it 3 times in a week just to make sure I wasn't imagining things.

That’s exactly it. It’s an odd phenomenon surrounding GBU that most people remember the first time they saw it even when, as in many cases (including mine - and yours) they first saw it when they were kids. The first time I saw it Tuco immediately became my favourite character (and has remained so). I was sure he was going to die at the end and at the same time was wishing he didn’t, but I never expected what actually happens. The sheer brilliance of the ending (literally) left me speechless for several minutes. Damn I love that film.

KERMIT

« #7 : February 05, 2004, 12:58:03 PM »

That’s exactly it. It’s an odd phenomenon surrounding GBU that most people remember the first time they saw it even when, as in many cases (including mine - and yours) they first saw it when they were kids. The first time I saw it Tuco immediately became my favourite character (and has remained so). I was sure he was going to die at the end and at the same time was wishing he didn’t, but I never expected what actually happens. The sheer brilliance of the ending (literally) left me speechless for several minutes. Damn I love that film.
english bob, thanks. your post took me back to my first feelings after watching that ending. i'm still amazed at the thought that went into it. not to mention leone's direction and all the rest.  ;D

English Bob
Chicken Thief

« #8 : February 06, 2004, 08:44:33 AM »

english bob, thanks. your post took me back to my first feelings after watching that ending. i'm still amazed at the thought that went into it. not to mention leone's direction and all the rest.

Hey, I’m just glad to find fellow Tuco enthusiasts. The guy really deserves his own website.
Actually, I’ve recently been trying a new outlook on life, with interesting results. I call it ‘What would Tuco do?’. Just this morning I kicked the local shop keeper in the nuts and stole three bottles of scotch, before growling at his wife in a comical manner.

John Baldwin
Gunslinger

Do you recognize this string ???

« #9 : March 13, 2004, 03:46:07 AM »

I'm french and I prefer Tuco as Chirac for president !!!!!!!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Le monde se divise en deux catégories: ceux qui ont un revolver chargé, et ceux qui creusent; toi tu creuses...
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #10 : March 13, 2004, 04:58:49 AM »

Hey, I’m just glad to find fellow Tuco enthusiasts. The guy really deserves his own website.
Actually, I’ve recently been trying a new outlook on life, with interesting results. I call it ‘What would Tuco do?’. Just this morning I kicked the local shop keeper in the nuts and stole three bottles of scotch, before growling at his wife in a comical manner.

I think that we could make a Tuco fansite.  tuco4prez.org.  Would he really be any worse than Kerry or Bush?  ;D j/k But we could do a site like that.

Saturday nights with Groggy
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #11 : March 13, 2004, 05:08:36 AM »

WWTD?.... What would Tuco do?, English Bob you have me rolling on the floor.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Tucster
Road Apple

I hope your mother ends up in a $2 whorehouse!

« #12 : March 13, 2004, 07:52:08 AM »

Tuco should have his own site.  He is truly the best spag western character...hands down.

;)

It's no joke...it's a rope!
English Bob
Chicken Thief

« #13 : March 17, 2004, 06:35:28 AM »

You know people, I think we might be on to something. Tuco needs a website - It’s got to be done. There are so many lost souls in this world who could be helped by the wisdom and philosophy of the fine individual that is Tuco. And I think Cigar Joe’s got something – WWTD: Our new system of thinking. Whenever you’re not sure about life, whenever you’re faced with a difficult choice, what ya gonna do? Flounder? NO! ‘WWTD’!
Lets take a scenario: Our subject is a minor civil servant working on some kind of inner city project. The day comes when the project is completed, and it just so happens that in the name of publicity, Prime Minister Tony Blair decides to take a visit to be photographed giving congratulations and shaking hands. It’s a big day – Our subject’s anxious. What’s he going to do?

A number of nervous looking civil servants (including our subject) are lined up by the side of a newly completed building. A small crowd of photographers and security personel surround them. The Prime Minister and his wife, Cheree, are working their way down the line, followed by the flash of cameras. Tony is in standard smiling meet and greet mode, and soon enough he makes his way to our subject, who is wisely thinking just one thing: What would Tuco do?

P.M.: (Extends hand) Congratulations on your work.

Tuco: (Belches)

P.M.: So, uh, what exactly did you do on this project?

Tuco: (Lears at Cheree) You have a fine woman, Tony.

P.M.: (Nervous laughter) ha ha. Yes. Well.

Tuco: I think I will take her as my own.

(Reaches over and pinches Cherees butt, who squeals and slaps him round the face)

Tuco: She has spirit! I like that! (heartily slaps her behind)

Cheree: AIEEEEEEE!!

P.M.: I must say, you are a very rude fellow. (signals to bodyguard)

(A member of the security staff steps in front of Tuco)

Bodyguard: Step away from the Prime Minister, sir.

Tuco: I like big fat men like you. When they fall they make more noise, and sometimes they never get up…

Bodyguard: What? (reaches for gun)

Tuco: Hijo de una grand puta! (headbutts Bodyguard with a satisfying meaty noise)

Bodyguard: ARGGGGGG! MY NOSE!!

P.M.: Gosh.

mortimerforever
Gunslinger

when you have to shoot shoot don''''t talk

« #14 : June 13, 2004, 12:44:20 AM »

whoever doesn't vote tuco for president, he understands nothing about tuco.

we loosen my percentage..liable to interfere with my aim.

tuco ramirez number01 fan.
''''''''two kinds of spurs my friend.''''''''
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines