Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 11:36:31 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  PARODY SW :FOR A FEW DOLLARS LESS!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PARODY SW :FOR A FEW DOLLARS LESS!!!  (Read 8351 times)
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2006, 06:25:43 AM »

I just just ordered this parody of FAFDM from Ebay directed by Mario Mattoli(his only sw) and scripted by Sergio and (his brother)Bruno Corbucci.
Thomas Weisser regards this sw as "highly enjoyable"  which follows the FAFDM plot very closely including in the intro where the unseen gunman keeps shooting and missing the rider on horseback in the distance and all of Blackies(Indio) gang being strung out on hallucinatory drugs.
I got this Tom Betts quote from a Eurowestern site:-
"One of the best parodies of the genre. Maybe it's because it's not Franco & Ciccio, but more likely the creative genius of the Corbucci brothers. This film is a lot of fun. Instead of a bedroll full of guns, Frank wears a long frock coat loaded with smoking pipes. The characters dress and model themselves after No Name, Mortimer and Indio and you'll see other characters taken from the $ trilogy popping up throughout the film. Loads of fun." (Tom Betts)
Has anybody seen this movie? Roll Eyes

KERMIT
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 06:42:15 AM »

I just just ordered this parody of FAFDM from Ebay directed by Mario Mattoli(his only sw) and scripted by Sergio and (his brother)Bruno Corbucci.
Thomas Weisser regards this sw as "highly enjoyable"  which follows the FAFDM plot very closely including in the intro where the unseen gunman keeps shooting and missing the rider on horseback in the distance and all of Blackies(Indio) gang being strung out on hallucinatory drugs.
I got this Tom Betts quote from a Eurowestern site:-
"One of the best parodies of the genre. Maybe it's because it's not Franco & Ciccio, but more likely the creative genius of the Corbucci brothers. This film is a lot of fun. Instead of a bedroll full of guns, Frank wears a long frock coat loaded with smoking pipes. The characters dress and model themselves after No Name, Mortimer and Indio and you'll see other characters taken from the $ trilogy popping up throughout the film. Loads of fun." (Tom Betts)
Has anybody seen this movie? Roll Eyes

haven't seen or heard of this banjo. i think i know the site you speak of.  just stumbled onto it during the night.
i've got to purchase a  copy of this. sincere thanks man

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 07:27:21 AM »

When was this film made?

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 07:37:33 AM »

1966, check out this link-the film is listed under the Italian title Per Qualche Dollari In Meno.

http://www.fatmandan.de/EuroP/EUROWESTERNP.htm

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 01:21:30 PM »

Why do I have a feeling this is fake Banjo?

How can you lie to us like that!?!   Angry    Grin

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 03:30:30 PM »

Why do I have a feeling this is fake Banjo?
Hardly:-
http://imdb.com/title/tt0155009/

I'm expecting my dvd to arrive hopefully tommorow so i'll keep you posted about this movie.Of course there is also a GBU parody called The Handsome,The Ugly and The Cretinous which was,believe it or not,released in the (Italian) cinemas before GBU was Shocked, but the dvd is only available in Italian audio-hopefully we're get an English subtitled version eventually.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 03:43:38 PM »

Hardly:-
http://imdb.com/title/tt0155009/

I'm expecting my dvd to arrive hopefully tommorow so i'll keep you posted about this movie.Of course there is also a GBU parody called The Handsome,The Ugly and The Cretinous which was,believe it or not,released in the (Italian) cinemas before GBU was Shocked, but the dvd is only available in Italian audio-hopefully we're get an English subtitled version eventually.

Wow. And I thought Hollywood was in bad shape.   Grin

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 03:52:22 PM »

Well if these parodies are as good as they're purported to be that can't be a bad thing.1966 was a golden era for Italian cinema and was the peak year for spaghetti westerns.
Are you telling me that Hollywood doesn't produce parodies.Lets see now-Airplane,The Repossessed,Loaded Weapon,Galaxy Quest,Space Balls and many many more...

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2006, 05:16:29 AM »

this sw  follows the FAFDM plot very closely including in the intro where the unseen gunman keeps shooting and missing the rider on horseback in the distance
Just received the dvd this morning and its a very reasonable pan & scan print.I've quickly flicked through it-it looks very silly but alot of fun and most probably essential viewing for people interested in Leone.
In the opening scene after the gunman fails with several shots, the rider gets closer and closer until finally you see the front end of a cannon appear and the marksman finally gets his man Grin 

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 01:07:53 PM »

all of Blackies(Indio) gang being strung out on hallucinatory drugs.
Surprise,surprise this is a bit of typical Weisser disinformation.Black is the name of the banker-the Indio character is called Il Messicano and he's addicted to cocoa leaves-his gang didn't appear to be druggies at all.
Watched the film this afternoon and although its not quite how i envisioned its still mildly entertaining.The main character Bill is a cowardly blabbermouth of a bank clerk who upon realising the bank books were out by a $100(a crime punishable by 40 years in jail!) he decides the only way to recuperate the money is to turn to robbery,bounty hunting etc so he adopts Eastwoods poncho etc but this is the only similarity to Clint because
this very Italian looking actor is more annoying than cool.He is helped in his efforts by his cousin Frank(the Mortimor lookalike) who wears his gun across his crutch (instead of his chest) so the gun in its holster looks like a codpiece.To have a dig at Clints distaste for cheroots  Frank is constantly trying unsuccessfully to get Bill to smoke them-Bill just keeps spitting them out.
This very inept duo of would be outlaw mess up in each attempt to rob while Bills bounty gradually rises and he ends up being caught and slung into jail where he meets Il Messicano(Indio) who conducts his gunduels by waiting for a musical box(with rotating ballerina) to stop which it never does and everyone falls asleep.
The film  tries to lampoon many of the FAFDM scenes(the flashbacks involving Il Messicano turn out to be him kidnapping something which Frank lovingly caresses thoughout but turns out in the end to be a prize piglet!) but its a very hit and miss affair.
I'm not sure i should recommend this FAFDM parody-only as a curiousity item maybe.For the really funny stuff  the Trinity films are in a totally diferent league. 

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 03:23:20 PM »

I dont think "the Handsome, the ugly and the stupid" fairs much better.
so I have heard!

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Marco Leone
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2006, 07:17:38 AM »

Yes maybe parodies are best avoided (says the man that bought you The Ugly, the Pugly and the Pug-Ugly and Two Clints for Sister Sarah).  Roll Eyes

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/spaghettiwesterns My Euro Western Website - (includes Reviews, Actor information and Spaghetti Western Generator)
Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2006, 04:56:20 AM »

Yes maybe parodies are best avoided (says the man that bought you The Ugly, the Pugly and the Pug-Ugly and Two Clints for Sister Sarah).  Roll Eyes
Enzo Castellari  made some humourous Leone references in Any Gun Can Play and Payment in Blood which were pretty successful so i suppose its down to like any parody how well its done because the Airplane parody of the 1970's Airport disaster movies is totally brilliant-and yeah i wanna see your movies Marco! Grin

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2006, 12:11:23 PM »

which I have yet to see Wink

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2009, 05:16:20 PM »

I agree with Banjo's review. In the 90' and odds this movie runs I had 2 or 3 guffaws mainly generated by the scenes in which the original is spoofed.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM