Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2017, 11:55:05 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  La vita, a volte, molto dura, vero Provvidenza? (1972)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: La vita, a volte, molto dura, vero Provvidenza? (1972)  (Read 5959 times)
indio
Gunslinger

just a son of a bitch

View Profile WWW
« on: November 27, 2005, 04:59:48 AM »

ok banjo as promised the first film reviewed.

chaplin meets python meets cartoons in the west!
petroni's strange version of the west starring tomas milian. the narritive is simple providence (milian) has captured hurricane smith (gregg palmer) and claims the reward. then the whole film revolves around them trying to out do one another. its a comedy SW, their are silly bits that don't work but their are also really funny moments that do. milian really shows his comedy talents as a chaplin type. his visual humour and timing is 1st class. moments in this film made me laugh out loud. of course if helps if you have a drink. for those who like their SW serious then this is not for you.
i had heard a lot of bad thinks about this film, but i really enjoyed it. completely mad. great stuff... onto the sequel.

That could just be cannon fire.
Marco Leone
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 05:06:34 AM »

Have you found the sequel Indio?

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/spaghettiwesterns My Euro Western Website - (includes Reviews, Actor information and Spaghetti Western Generator)
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 05:44:54 AM »

Came across this still for the providence sequel on a Carol Andre website couple of days ago.

I personally havn't seen any of the 'Providence' films... but I was stunned to how close Milian comes to chaplin in this photo!

indio
Gunslinger

just a son of a bitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 06:27:02 AM »

great photo. yes marco i am watching the sequel today i have it on dvd.

That could just be cannon fire.
Marco Leone
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 01:54:11 PM »

I couldn't decide whether I liked the first one or not, but I muttered in my review that I would still no doubt like to see the sequel!

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/spaghettiwesterns My Euro Western Website - (includes Reviews, Actor information and Spaghetti Western Generator)
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 04:46:45 PM »

Arizona Colts review:-

LIFE IS TOUGH, EH PROVIDENCE?-I really enjoyed this one a lot although it's a bit of a strange film. So much of it reminded me of Warner Bros. Looney Tunes as the film plays out like a live action cartoon which somewhat echoes BLAZING SADDLES that saw release two years later. Some of the jokes seemed to be aimed at italian sensibilities. As comedy is not universal, what may be funny to one culture will not be funny to another. Still the film was never boring and I was entertained for the duration of the picture and I hope the sequel sees release soon.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 01:10:29 PM »

"La vita, a volte, molto dura, vero Provvidenza?" aka Life Is Tough, Eh Providence? (1972) Director: Giulio Petroni, with  Tomas Milian, and Gregg Palmer. Comedy Spaghetti with Milian playing Chaplin's "Little Tramp" as a Bounty Hunter named Providence, who has a con game a la GBU & Skin Game where he frees his bounty, and re cashes him in. Gregg Palmer playing outlaw Hurricane Smith turns the tables on Providence at least once, too much Chaplin shtick, too much slap shick, too much long.   5/10

« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 01:32:49 PM by cigar joe » Logged

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 08:14:36 AM »

merged

« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 08:38:54 AM by cigar joe » Logged

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM