Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 05:42:16 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  A Raisin in the Sun (1961)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Raisin in the Sun (1961)  (Read 18 times)
Moorman
Gunslinger

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2017, 09:58:47 AM »

I always knew about this movie, but i never wanted to see it because i knew it was based on a novel. I thought it was gonna be "school" corny. I was waay wrong. I recorded this off of TCM a few months back and decided to give it a look. I'm glad i did.  The movie and play its based on are soo good, that you forget that this movie takes place primarily in a apartment.  The cinematography. The plot. The acting and directing were all very good.  The acting is what REALLY stood out. I believe most of the principle players in this also did the play on Broadway.  I'm not quite sure of that, but i believe SOME of them were in the play.  Every main character in this movie really did a excellent job of acting.

The script was very good. It was a VERY believable script that i believe was based loosely on true events.  It was done by the director Daniel Petre, but easily could've been something that Elia Kazan would've done.  The tone of the movie and play kinda reminds of A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. I intend to get this on dvd or blu ray. I rate this a solid 8 out of 10...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM