Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 04:49:31 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  If I Die Before I Wake (1998)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: If I Die Before I Wake (1998)  (Read 2321 times)
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2009, 04:41:59 PM »

A suburban family is held hostage and terrorized by three intruders while their sixteen year-old daughter first hides, then exacts her own brand of terror on the assailants.

A good idea that can't sustain a whole movie. Luckily enough, the director knew this because the film is barely feature length (an hour and 13 minutes).
It works well enough to give it an above average rating but some bits are boring and there were moments where the home invaders seemed like complete morons. The young girl is able to navigate through the house without being detected even if she's in plain sight!
The whole movie is virtually an extended climax of Straw Dogs only the assailants are already inside the house.
One wonders if it could have been an outright classic if a better man was at the helm.

6/10

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 04:45:18 PM »

Haven't seen this one, but home invasion movies tend to be pretty grim. I saw one recently that had me depressed for hours. It was called FUNNY GAMES. A remake of a French film from the director of that earlier movie. I think Alyssa Milano was in a home invasion movie, too. Forget the name.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 04:51:14 PM »

Haven't seen this one, but home invasion movies tend to be pretty grim. I saw one recently that had me depressed for hours. It was called FUNNY GAMES.

That's a great movie!

I've never seen the American remake. Is it good?

A home invasion movie you shouldn't rush out for is The Strangers.
Cliche movie which goes through the motions. Certainly not the "scariest movie of the decade" which it was billed as.
I made two attempts to see it in the theatres.
The first time I payed for my ticket but they gave out more tickets than they had seats! So I was given my money back.
The next time I saw it in a packed theatre with a bunch of overly loud motherfuckers that would whoop and howl at any suspenseful moment.
To top it off the movie wasn't that good.
It was a terrible experience.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 04:55:04 PM »

That's a great movie!

I've never seen the American remake. Is it good?

A home invasion movie you shouldn't rush out for is The Strangers.
Cliche movie which goes through the motions. Certainly not the "scariest movie of the decade" which it was billed as.
I made two attempts to see it in the theatres.
The first time I payed for my ticket but they gave out more tickets than they had seats! So I was given my money back.
The next time I saw it in a packed theatre with a bunch of overly loud motherfuckers that would whoop and howl at any suspenseful moment.
To top it off the movie wasn't that good.
It was a terrible experience.

I heard the American version (from the same director as the original) was virtually identical. It's pretty difficult to sit through in places. I've already seen THE STRANGERS....or better yet, I've seen the original movie they ripped off, yet another French horror called THEM aka ILS.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 04:59:19 PM »

I've seen the original movie they ripped off, yet another French horror called THEM aka ILS.

Been meaning to track that down after I saw this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA6AsTKSCM4

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 05:00:20 PM »

Been meaning to track that down after I saw this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA6AsTKSCM4

I bought mine at wal mart for $10.00

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM