Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 11:58:22 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rough Night in Jericho (1967)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rough Night in Jericho (1967)  (Read 1357 times)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2009, 04:19:33 AM »

This was a curiosity that I always wanted to watch.

Another good example of why the world was ripe for the Spaghetti Western onslaught. This Western put me to sleep on more that one occasion. It is a Dvix so I can't retun to a chapter stop and must rewatch it to the sleep drop off point every time I lost concience. It has a good cast, Dean Martin, George Peppard, Jean Simmons, John McIntire, Slim Pickens but it is mostly town bound it plays like an overly long TV Western that isn't all that interesting. Martin plays a bad town boss but not that effectively, he's much better playing that type of nasty character in "Some Came Running" which is probably the best of the "brat pack" films that I've seen. Check that film out for Shirley McClaine's great perfrmance.

The rest of the cast does adequately with the material that they have which isn't much.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 10:06:26 AM »

I found it very entertaining, though led on very well used partterns, and never boring. Martin is wonderful, Peppard good, McIntire at his best and Simmons her movie self. 7\10

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM