Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 11:18:28 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Film Locations (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  OUATIA locations
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OUATIA locations  (Read 44086 times)
pippo
Road Apple

do the trains stop ?!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2011, 02:06:52 PM »

we went right up in November 2010  Wink

"Questions are never indiscreet, answers sometimes are" Colonel Douglas Mortimer - Oscar Wilde
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2011, 04:15:59 PM »

Here is the shot from the film of the locker room area the arrow points to a "post" the one at the top of the stairway, the numbers show the panels between the posts 1 & 2.  So in the film there are two panels between the post and the head of the stairway and the smaller locker room office/access. Currently the large room only has one panel past the head of the stairs.

Below CJ & DJ at the last "post".

Below the arrow marks the gap between the last post and the current small room within the big room, so apparently the prop man added an extra panel, and a door entrance, or the NJ Transit removed the panel and closed off the doorway.

Below d&d clowning for the Leone Board.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2011, 05:17:46 PM »

in that open space, you can clearly see marks in the floor where that panel of gate once stood. So I would guess that the extra gate panel was once a permanent part of the room, rather than a prop, no? Who knows -- maybe there really used to be lockers there, and once they removed the lockers, there was no point in closing off the area anymore, so they removed that panel of gate. Just a guess -- who knows. (Maybe that can be our next trip: doing some detective work, talking to the station manager or something, finding out the timeline of what was removed when, etc.  Wink)

btw, in the movie, the boys do not come up the stairs to the lockers; rather, they go through the door (which is now locked), through the little office, to the lockers. I took some photos through that now-locked door and you can see what looks like an entire former floor of the train station, now closed off. cj will post those photos so you will see what I am talking about

« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 05:22:01 PM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2011, 07:45:27 PM »

Great pics, i didn't know how to reach many of those locations

I'm from Italy (currently in Spain) but i visit NYC once per year, next time maybe we can have a few at mcSorley's  Grin ?

This awesome site will provide you with just about everything you need to tour the OUATIA filming locations http://msb247.awardspace.com/indxloc.htm

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2011, 01:20:36 AM »

Here is the shot from the film of the locker room area the arrow points to a "post" the one at the top of the stairway, the numbers show the panels between the posts 1 & 2.  So in the film there are two panels between the post and the head of the stairway and the smaller locker room office/access. Currently the large room only has one panel past the head of the stairs.

Below CJ & DJ at the last "post".

Below the arrow marks the gap between the last post and the current small room within the big room, so apparently the prop man added an extra panel, and a door entrance, or the NJ Transit removed the panel and closed off the doorway.

In the movie, the whole area is closed off; you could not get there unless you went through that office (besides Dominick, who was skinny enough to sneak through -- I probably could have also  Wink)

Would you say that in the movie, the gate was the same as it is now (ie. missing the panel). But the wall was closer -- perhaps a new prop wall with a door built specifically as an office for the movie? Or would you say that in the movie, that missing panel of gate was indeed there, so the wall of the office was in the same spot as now, but it was later rebuilt without that door? Cuz that wall currently there does not have a door in the same position as it did on the movie; we checked inside the office as well, and that door is not there. So I am just wondering how you guys think the wall of the office (and the office itself), and the gate, compare from the movie to how it is today?

« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 01:21:38 AM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2011, 09:25:43 AM »

I don't believe they "closed off the doorway," because that office has no door facing the locker area as there was in the movie; the only door is on the side (ie. on the wall on the left, which can't be seen in the photo, and which is perpendicular to the wall with the bulletin board in the photo). So the office as we see it in the movie, with the wall with the door facing the lockers, must have been a prop made for the movie; or perhaps that was how it actually was when they shot the movie, and then they completely remade the office and put in a new wall sometime during the past 25 years.

But one thing is certain: the wall that is now facing the locker area (which today has the bulletin board on it) NEVER had a door. We even went inside the office to check; there was no door, nor any sign of a door that had been removed. ( I wish I had taken photos inside the office; that is something I gotta remember for next time). So that wall with the door facing the locker area is absolutely a different wall than the one that's there today

« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 09:29:22 AM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2011, 09:54:04 AM »

OK here are some images from the highlights of the Location Tour:

Court House Square in Long Island City :

CJ outside Sheriffs office

DJ & CJ outside Sheriffs office

Hoboken, NJ (locker room site)

d&d & DJ outside Lackawana RR/Ferry Terminal, Hoboken NJ

interior of waiting room

Looking from locker room site down the stairway

the room beyond the locker room

DUMBO (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge) (Street Fair & cobblestone re construction going on)

d&d, cj & dj on Washington Street.

Iconic image & our re creation, lol

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2011, 10:00:14 AM »

Oooooh, sepia toned! Afro

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2011, 10:05:14 AM »

Leone Location Tour 2011

DUMBO Continued.....

The Arch in 2011 with Leoneologists  Dr. CJ & Dr. DJ ( the conversation ---- CJ "I Concur",  DJ "indubitably")

The warehouse by the Brooklyn waterfront with Montague St. ad still visible.

Street fair crowd

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2011, 10:51:52 AM »

c) his name really is Dave Jenkins
Practicing your lawyering skills already, D&D?

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2011, 11:37:45 AM »

Practicing your lawyering skills already, D&D?

Afro

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2011, 03:57:52 PM »

Now we bring you the video, Sergio Leone OUTIA Location Tour Greater NYC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC12Gp-r1g4

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 06:44:18 AM by cigar joe » Logged

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2011, 04:31:23 PM »

Now we bring you the video, Sergio Leone OUTIA Location Tour Greater NYC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNBjiy9lAIs

nice job, cj!  Afro Afro Afro

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2011, 05:07:02 PM »

not quite I spelled Morricone wrong the first go round its fixed now  Afro

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 06:44:59 AM by cigar joe » Logged

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2011, 12:55:50 AM »

Awesome Afro Looks like you guys had a good time.

I hope I can make a trip to NYC in a couple of years. Lets meet up then.

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM