Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 02:27:27 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Conversation(s) avec Sergio Leone - Noel Simsolo
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Conversation(s) avec Sergio Leone - Noel Simsolo  (Read 60971 times)
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2012, 10:50:19 PM »

Dramatic license? I doubt Knox was present.

why do you doubt that? Leone always had someone else present when he needed an interpreter. eg. his brother in law Fulvio Morsella served as his interpreter during his meetings with Harry Grey.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
chris
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 29, 2016, 03:23:09 AM »

Quick update on the dates in the movie listed on page 3 of this thread.

Although the shooting script dated Jan 24 1982 gives the 3 time periods as 1923 to 1925, 1931 to 1933 and 1968, these were slightly amended in the movie.  Possibly Noodles spending 6 years in a reformatory and a prison weren't long enough for murdering a policeman.

The amended dates should be:

First time period

1922 to 1923  The kids growing up.  The death of Dominic.  Noodles taken to a reformatory.

Second time period

1932 to 1933  Noodles comes out of prison - the adult gang - Max fakes his death

Third time period

1968  Noodles returns to New York after being away for 35 years - Secretary Bailey

Inscriptions inside the mausoleum

Maximilian Bercovicz "Max" 1905 - 1933

Patrick Goldberg "Patsy" 1907 - 1933

Philip Stein "Cockeye" 1907 - 1933

Mausoleum erected by their friend and brother David Aaronson "Noodles" 1967

Other dates

Noodles' year of birth 1907

Deborah's year of birth 1908

The Volstead Act prohibiting the manufacture and sale of intoxicating liquors - February 1 1920 (effective date) to December 5 1933

Deborah leaves for Hollywood late 1932 or early 1933 (but newspaper at railway station is a copy of New York Times Wednesday Dec 6 1933)

The newspaper at the beach - Friday Morning Nov 20 1933 (fictitious date)

Noodles watching TV in Fat Moe's - Nov 10 1968

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 06:54:24 AM by chris » Logged
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 29, 2016, 08:17:43 AM »

Great stuff  Afro

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: February 29, 2016, 03:54:47 PM »

Cool Afro

Saturday nights with Groggy
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 29, 2016, 04:33:43 PM »

chris,

something very odd is going on: when I look at this thread on my phone, I can see these pics you posted today. When I look at it now on my computer at work, I cannot see them (neither in Firefox nor in Chrome)

My phone is an iPhone, my computer is a PC - is it possible this has something to do with Apple vs. Windows?

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: February 29, 2016, 05:05:35 PM »

chris,

something very odd is going on: when I look at this thread on my phone, I can see these pics you posted today. When I look at it now on my computer at work, I cannot see them (neither in Firefox nor in Chrome)

My phone is an iPhone, my computer is a PC - is it possible this has something to do with Apple vs. Windows?

I can see everything with all of my browsers on my PC (running windows 8 ). It probably has something to do with your workplace's firewall.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 06:32:44 PM by noodles_leone » Logged

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 29, 2016, 05:46:46 PM »

I can see everything with all of my navigators on my PC (running windows 8 ). It probably has something to do with your workplace's firewall.

Maybe.
When I get home from work I will check on my latop (a Macbook ... Of course  Wink)

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2016, 12:34:25 PM »

I still haven't checked the thread on my laptop, but I noticed something else interesting:

the old pics on some of these threads, I have no problem seeing on my work computer. My only problem is with the new pics that chris has posted in the past few days. That means that somehow the work firewall is not allowing pics with whatever code chris is using now?

chris
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2016, 04:21:07 PM »

I still haven't checked the thread on my laptop, but I noticed something else interesting:

the old pics on some of these threads, I have no problem seeing on my work computer. My only problem is with the new pics that chris has posted in the past few days. That means that somehow the work firewall is not allowing pics with whatever code chris is using now?

Hi drinkanddestroy.

Sorry you've been inconvenienced but I can't imagine you've missed anything significant.

I was having a few problems with Photobucket being slow in updating images and tried something different.

Needless to say all the images display correctly on my six PCs running Windows 10 and my iPad.  Not yet tried my new android 4K TV but I don't anticipate any problems.  I'll have another try with Photobucket in due course.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 04:55:52 AM by chris » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM