Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 11:24:20 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Leone influenced your life?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leone influenced your life?  (Read 6605 times)
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2004, 11:52:36 AM »

Talk about longshots - what about a little-known Italian director becoming known as the best or one of the Westerns directors?

grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2004, 07:07:39 PM »

this is true^

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2004, 02:55:21 PM »

Go for it grandpa_chum.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
KERMIT
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2004, 11:54:44 PM »

the very first experience i had was in  '68, walking into a huge theater packed  during the scene in GB&U when tuco was being beaten by braga.  i'll never forget it as morricone's music (soldier's story) didn't fit the violent scene. i had trouble finding a seat and was told "sit down ya jerk" as i was transfixed trying to add up this beautiful music to such a violent scene.

angles the camera were set in remind me of dreams i had as a child.  

if i have a dreaded thing i must deal with on the internet i always go to clinteastwood.net/film music and scroll down to say "almost dead" or "insugmento", with that whistling of the main melody, when tuco searches for blondie. it never fails to brace me up and deal with what's comming my way.  Cool

if i've missed the issue of how leone changed my life beleive me you don't want me to begin. don't know what leone film, or where in any of his films to even start to relate how he, morricone and crew, influenced my life.  i just feel fortunate to have grown up when leone's work first appeared on the big screen and the exhilarating experience of being in a theater with so many others, all intently watching.  leone's work gave me a "home" i didn't even know i had.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2004, 11:46:00 PM by KERMIT » Logged
shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2004, 02:55:47 AM »

The first movie I saw was "Duck you Sucker". I was 12 or 13, and I remember that when I saw the scene of the "dead sons" I cried like a baby. And it was the fault of that unbelievable score by Morricone.

I didn't even know who Morricone or Leone were. My father had 20 or 30 LP of Morricone and he made me listen to them. I discoverer, at the age of 13, the score of GBU.

I first discovered and loved Morricone in my life, and then, only then, Leone.

Many years later (last december) I bought and saw DYS again, on DVD, and the same scene made me cry, because of the music of course, but this time I've been able to really apreciate that perfect simbiosis between Leone's photography and sensibility and Morricone's music.

Each one for himself, and God against all.
klaatu
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2004, 10:10:28 PM »

The first movie I saw was "Duck you Sucker". I was 12 or 13, and I remember that when I saw the scene of the "dead sons" I cried like a baby. And it was the fault of that unbelievable score by Morricone.

I didn't even know who Morricone or Leone were. My father had 20 or 30 LP of Morricone and he made me listen to them. I discoverer, at the age of 13, the score of GBU.

I first discovered and loved Morricone in my life, and then, only then, Leone.

Many years later (last december) I bought and saw DYS again, on DVD, and the same scene made me cry, because of the music of course, but this time I've been able to really apreciate that perfect simbiosis between Leone's photography and sensibility and Morricone's music.

When I was 12 or 13 I was only care Spileberg and Bruce lee movies Grin It's no wonder you were very mature kid in terms of mental age.
When I first saw DYS I also deeply moved by beautiful score of maestro Morricone. I was almost burst tears everytime Sean's theme played. That particular soundtrack is  still one of my all time favorite movie score.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2004, 10:14:46 PM by klaatu » Logged
Walter
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2004, 02:19:38 AM »

Way back in the eighties, when I was seventeen, I joined the local movie society, mostly just to help out with practical stuff. Participating in keeping the club alive, as it was. Me and a mate who joined at the same time then got sent to a film seminar, arranged by the nationwide movie society, to learn more about the fine things of moving pictures.

As it was, the guy who led the seminar was a huge fan of Leone, especially OUATIW. We saw it several times during that weekend, toalked about it at lengths, had a multitude of details pointed out for us, and discussed it over some beers in the evening.

I think this seminar was the final touch that made me into a film geek. Now I'm 37, and most people connect in some way or other with movies. I never really worked with film, but years in the film society, even more years as a reviewer for papers, radio and the internet have kept my interest fresh.

And I always come back to Once Upon a Time in the West.... Boy, was I happy when I got that dvd, I almost cried when I saw how handsomely it was restored.

Dying ain't much of a living, boy
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM